Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[VIDEO] EARLY UNFAIR STOPPAGE AT THE HANDS OF BOXING WORST Ref MORA! SHOULD BE FIRED!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    You guys saying "he was out on his feet", what are you referring to? He looked right at the ref, stepped forward when asked to, raised his gloves immediately when asked to, wasn't wobbling. What more could you have possibly asked for? Kid got robbed of his chance to continue. Would have looked less suspect if the ref just never let him get up.
    All valid points. I agree that in a technical sense, the fight was probably stopped too early. But if you watch Ceja walk back to his corner after the stoppage, you see why the ref ended it. He was unsteady on his feet, even several seconds later. Would he have weathered the storm? Of course we’ll never know, but the ref’s job is to protect the fighters’ health. He saw something that concerned him. Watching Cejas after the stoppage, I saw it too.

Comment

It's hard to say if the ref was wrong, unless you're close to the action.
      What you want to avoid is what happened in the Charlo fight, where Cota was knocked down, gets up and is allowed to continue even though he's out on his feet and defenseless for the KO punch.

Comment

I thought it was a premature stoppage but at the same time it was very clear that Rigo was subtly and slowly breaking him down. Had the fight continued it would have only been a matter of time before Rigo have finished him off.

Had it been the twelfth round, then he would have had a much stronger argument because obvious he was winning the fight. However, this was the eighth round with several more to go. The guy could have been seriously hurt the longer fight had gone.

Comment

Overall, I have to admit that it was a very good and crowd pleasing fight; In which I was highly entertained. You had two guys trading on a dime in the center of the ring.

You couldn't ask for a better fight than that and it's not usually Rigo's fighting style. Rigo was willing to eat shots that he normally doesn't eat.

He showed a lot of grit, heart and determination tonight but most of all he showed a lot durability and a good chin; Against a guy who was 12 years younger than him.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
            Ring god doe got a gift big time.

He was getting lit up the whole fight, he owes his career to Russell Mora.
            I agree. Rigo was in rare form last night. He was willing to take an asswhooping. We rarely see that side of Rigo where he is willing eat punches like that but he did by weathering the storm and knocking Ceja the fuck out!

Comment

Originally posted by alexnation View Post
              they made Rigo fight toe to toe and everyone knows it's not his style. Poor guy has to bow to his promoters to satisfy a bunch of haters who whine about him being boring. I hope he doesn't have to do it again
              I think a lot of that has to do with it and then we will just have to accept the fact that Rigo is older and not getting younger. He is pushing 40 years of age and can no longer fight off the back foot like he use to because his legs are gone.

Comment

If the guy is literally struggling to even complain to the ref he's out of it.

Comment

Working...
                X