Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

De La Hoya going to offer a percentage split, $15 mil off the table for Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$15mill was too much and too unbeliavable anyway. Don't know how GBP were gonna fund that while also giving Canelo his $20-25mill. No way, no money for that. PPV will not do as well as people anticipate and maybe DLH got off the coke and realized Canelo will carry this Ppv mainly by himself unlike the Cotto fight where he had like the 3rd most popular fighter in the US as an opponent which is why it did 900k.

Canelo isn't fighting Pac here to be offering $15mill, that's an insane amount of money for the b-side for a ppv that at best will do 750k with the best possible promotion and hype. In this case, they will have 3 months to rest, train, and promote because of k2's bonehead move of fighting in June right before a big ppv fight.

I expect 70-30 to be thrown around at first, with the split ending at 60-40 after back and forth negotiations (although 70-30 is fine). GGG rakes in $12mill total (guarantee/ppv upside), Canelo rakes in $20mill.

Shoulda taken that $15mill plus the % of the ppv that was being offered, it was a stupid offer to give to GGG. GBP dodged a bullet from K2 declining that offer if they were serious about that offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
      Going by there PPV numbers, 30%, 35% if hes lucky. Means theyre gunna have to be sharing $50mil at least, hell of a gamble
      Lol they're not sharing $50mill in ppv rev.

For GBP and K2 to share $50mill in ppv rev the fight would have to sell a little over 1,500,000 ppv's at $65 each.

What ever number you're imagining you have to divide by 2, because half of the rev goes to networks. 750k ppv = $48.75m/2 = $24.3m. That's what they split.

Gate rev idk how it will be split but going by the Cotto fight, I predict $8-9mill in gate rev.

Canelo will get a lot more from Mexican tv deal, sponsors.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        Lol damn gg got fuked. Imagine if his % ends up less than 15 mil
        This fight isn't obviously gonna do the numbers Oscar and everyone else here thought it would. This fight is either not gonna happen or GGG is gonna end up with less money.

I personally don't care about this fight anymore. Too much back and forth and stalling like Mayweayher-Pacquiao on a lesser scale.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Like I've said since day one, if the 15 million was ever a real offer, it would still be here when it's time to actually make the fight. If he's "pulling" it now, that means the offer was never real because Golden Boy explicitly said the fight could never happen before September this year. It was posturing and nothing more to cover up for Alvarez's pathetic ducking.

Now it's time to actually make the fight and stop the nonsense PR battle. So let's make the ****ing fight.
          I reckon the 15M could be a real offer, but it's likely only half the truth. There might have been so many poison pills in the offer that it would be impossible to swallow. Poison as in options, terms of rematch etc.

Comment

The split should be 66/33. Golovkin sells half of what Canelo sells. Anything less than that it's absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
              - virgin

Just show the man the proof to back up your statement and stop calling names.

Comment

I never can get an answer to this question. Who stands to make more with a percentage split, GGG or K2?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  I never can get an answer to this question. Who stands to make more with a percentage split, GGG or K2?
                  Do you seriously believe that any NSB poster has info on that?

Comment

"A June Golovkin fight would be a disrespect to everybody," De La Hoya said. "How serious do they want to make this fight happen? He could get cut, he could get dropped, he could get beat. You can hurt a hand. It would be too close to September and would not give us the proper time to promote a fight of this magnitude. The June fight would derail everything.

"How can we take a risk on him getting cut or hurt? We have sponsors who want to begin to promote the day after the Chavez fight."

How the fuck can Oscar say that with a straight face after sending Loeffler an offer, back in August 2016, for a fight in September 2017?

In his next fight after sending that offer, Canelo broke his hand and was out of action for 6 months.

Using Oscar's "logic" ... Is Canelo fighting Chavez in May, not also a disrespect to everybody? What if he breaks his hand again or loses to Chavez?

It's as plain as the white smear on the end of De La Coka's nose after he's just snorted a line ... he's planning to use GGG vs Saunders in June as an excuse to avoid fighting GGG in Sept, and put the blame on Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      I reckon the 15M could be a real offer, but it's likely only half the truth. There might have been so many poison pills in the offer that it would be impossible to swallow. Poison as in options, terms of rematch etc.
                      There could be any number of conditions involved that we know nothing about.

Eg .. Golovkin is guaranteed $15million .. providing the fight sells at least "X" amount of PPVs, or brings in "X" amount of $$ from overseas licence fees, etc.

We literally have no clue about any of that.

Comment

Working...
                      X