Voting for a third party candidate is essentially a wasted vote

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voting for a third party candidate is essentially a wasted vote

Agree ??

when's the last time a libertarian won anything worth a damn. i feel that people who vote for them should just keep their asses home. we dont need you in line.

R vs D.. that is all we have.

Unfortunately this is true

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
      Agree ??

when's the last time a libertarian won anything worth a damn. i feel that people who vote for them should just keep their asses home. we dont need you in line.

R vs D.. that is all we have.
      Don't agree. No Libertarians don't win on the national stage, but they do win some local elections where I live. Also it isn't all about candidates. For instance we had 6 state constitutional amendments up for a vote and several local referendums. So no it isn't a waste of time if your'e not a Democrat or a Republican.

Comment

I think most peoples votes are wasted for the most part.

91% of the time the guy who spent more money wins. That to me shows ideas & D vs R sh^t doesn't matter as much as money cuz I see the better idea guy, the more likeable guy, the D guy, the R guy losing at a much higher rate than 9% like the guy with less money loses.

Comment

Depends on how you feel about yourself. I could not look in the mirror and shave every morning knowing I had voted for Trump or Hillary. Hence....Johnson got my vote. And I'd do it again. If Gary Johnson were President we wouldn't be going through all the nonsense this country is going through right now, and that goes for if Hillary had won.

I sleep well knowing I voted what was in my mind the honorable way.

Comment

Protest voting had some justification during the neocon era when the interventionist left dominated both parties and the entire concept of an election had been undermined by lobbyist monopolization.

The "debates" between McCain & Obama were pretty surreal. They had nearly identical policies handed to them on an itemized list from the same "thinktanks" & just coined their own nicknames for these policies for branding purposes, be it healthcare or Iraq. By election night their policies had converged to be literally identical.

I see less of a point now that the parties have actually moved back apart in ideology. Surely there's one you must prefer.
            Last edited by ////; 11-06-2018, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
              Protest voting was pretty had some justification during the neocon era when the interventionist left dominated both parties and the entire concept of an election had been undermined by lobbyist monopolization.

The "debates" between McCain & Obama were pretty surreal. They had nearly identical policies handed to them on an itemized list from the same "thinktanks" & just coined their own nicknames for these policies for branding purposes, be it healthcare or Iraq. By election night their policies had converged to be literally identical.

I see less of a point now that the parties have actually moved back apart in ideology. Surely there's one you must prefer.

Exactly, no matter how much a Democrat candidate spends this election season, he won't change a persons mind who already has it made up because of the policies.

Comment

Voting period is a waste of a vote which is why more than 100 million eligible Americans didn't vote in the last presidential election. It's all a shill game, and all they care about is your tax dollars and keeping you firmly under their totalitarian boot. The electoral college is bullshyt. Politicians are crooks by nature, and the problem with our country is the fact that gov't has grown too big, and they are in cahoots with big business. You have to keep the gov't out of business as much as possible, or else what you get is what we have--a corporate state. Americans no longer govern the Republic, and we haven't for a long time.

http://www.federaljack.com/slavery-b...s-corporation/

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                  Depends on how you feel about yourself. I could not look in the mirror and shave every morning knowing I had voted for Trump or Hillary. Hence....Johnson got my vote.
                  LMFAO, but yea this is a solid point. I for one could never vote for the lesser evil of the people who got a real chance to win. I gotta vote for the person I believe in. And anyone believing in either of those two f#ckheads aren't a great judge of character.

I'm a champion of not voting doe. I think the whole voting thing is outdated & I don't want ANYONE repping me when with the technology we have today I could represent myself with 90% of the sh^t we are letting these corrupt f#ckheads vote on as they argue about stupid ass D vs R sh^t.

Comment

Before I voted for Obama I was a libertarian. I finally decided that I needed to vote for a side where it would count. No I didnt agree with the R party in full but I agreed less with the D party. Obama was HOPE for me. He was a smooth talker and got me.

Comment

Working...
                    X