Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Didn't You Love Weeks During Floyd-Maidana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    BS. Very few people complained or were mad at Weeks. Guys like you were ok with him allowing those things because you wanted Floyd to lose.

Now you have changed your tune because he did the same thing in this fight, allowed rough tactics, only instead of it being the guy you wanted to win, it was the buy you hated and was hoping lost.
    Now you're just lying. Floyd himself was critical of Tony Weeks after that first fight and his puppet fans regurgitate everything he says. I recall all of the outrage over Weeks following that fight. Truth was, Maidana and Floyd were both using dirty tactics in that fight, so Weeks let them sort it out. Floyd still cried like a b***h for help though.

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
      We not debating the rematch, we focusing on the job Weeks did in the first match. When it was obvious to Floyd that the fouls won't be called he adjusted and won the fight....what Kovalev do?
      Fought himself fought dirty in that fight, that's why Weeks didn't enforce the fouling from both fighters. Floyd still cried.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        I dont even blame Kov, he trained and was in shape. He just got beat by the better man. Sadly in a sense Weeks robbed Ward of the eventual stoppage he wouldve gotten but Kov wasnt defending himself or fighting back. Wards my favorite fighter so I love that he won BUT I hate the controversy and the tea calling the kettle black sorta threads that are going around.
        What's more is I don't think any of Wards shots were low blows except for the very last punch of the fight. Weeks was already stepping in to call it off while that punch was still in motion. The victor was already decided by the time a real foul landed!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          Now you're just lying. Floyd himself was critical of Tony Weeks after that first fight and his puppet fans regurgitate everything he says. I recall all of the outrage over Weeks following that fight. Truth was, Maidana and Floyd were both using dirty tactics in that fight, so Weeks let them sort it out. Floyd still cried like a b***h for help though.
          No they don't. That just the criticism du jour made by clowns like you that don't like Floyd or his fans. Floyd may have been upset and I am sure a couple fans said some things.

As always though posters like you take something and apply it to all Floyd fans whether they said anything or not.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            No they don't. That just the criticism du jour made by clowns like you that don't like Floyd or his fans. Floyd may have been upset and I am sure a couple fans said some things.

As always though posters like you take something and apply it to all Floyd fans whether they said anything or not.
            A couple of fans? Bwahahaha! You really are The Big Dunce if you think that his fanbase doesn't repeat everything that comes out of his b***h mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              So are you saying that Maidana was not clearly and obviously fouling Floyd? In that fight the fouls are clear! What you don't seem to realize is that we don't agree that Ward fouled Kovalev at all, in our view those punches were legal and on the beltline! Only one punch during the entire fight appears to be low! Therefore that fight had nothing to do with Weeks and everything to do with Kovalev's weak body and weak mind!

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
                They were celebrating Tony Weeks, thought he was the best ref ever, now they got thread after thread of how awful he is!
                It's not all of them, just a couple. Kafkod isn't one of the inbreds like GhostofDempsey. Neither is ironmt. I can understand their points. I just disagree strongly.

I think its fair to criticize the stoppage. But the stoppage prevented Kov from getting KTFO. He was tired and had couldn't defend Ward's offensive attack.

Ward and his team knew this was a weakness for Kov and exploited it.

Comment

Weeks is a lousy stupid referee. He fuked up big time in the Ward vs Kovalev fight. He robbed Castillo of a certain KO in the Castillo vs Corrales fight because of stupid wrong things he did.Maybe he did a good job in the Maidana vs Mayweather fight.That doesn't change the terrible job he did as referee in other fights.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    Weeks is a lousy stupid referee. He fuked up big time in the Ward vs Kovalev fight. He robbed Castillo of a certain KO in the Castillo vs Corrales fight because of stupid wrong things he did.Maybe he did a good job in the Maidana vs Mayweather fight.That doesn't change the terrible job he did as referee in other fights.
                    How exactly was Mayweather-Maidana a good job? Cause the guy you wanted to win was allowed to foul?

And how exactly did he rob Castillo when the dudes eyes glazed and rolled to the back of his head when he got hit with Chico's hook?

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                      then ward shoudl've been DQ'ed for the low blow. at least be consistent. just LMAO
                      I don't think it was low, maybe borderline. The ref ruled the punch legal, and I agree. Kovalev wanted out of that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X