No announcement yet.

How would peak Valuev do against Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would peak Valuev do against Fury

It would be interesting to see how Fury would fair in a situation he's never been in before against a taller heavier guy than himself.

The fight would look crazy, its like 600lbs in the ring boxing at once.

How would you see it going.

Furt stops him in dos rounds.

Comment

Valuev did not have the skills and speed (or much power really for a guy his size), he would lose almost every round in a rather dull fight with lots of clinching and holding and in between that would get out boxed. Fury is the much better fighter.

Comment

Valuev needs to dwarf guys to look good, Fury would toy with him ,maybe not stop him but ? Fury has the same reach I believe as Valuev to it wouldn’t be competitive at all for a fast giant vs a slow one .

Comment

Peak Valuev was very strong and had excellent power. Based on his fight with Barrett I believe that his power was comparable to Wilder, although he didn’t have the quickness, accuracy, or overall skill to deliver it nearly as effectively. He knocked Barrett down like a rag-doll with a punch that I didn’t think was legal (looked more like a backhand slap — I think Wladimir Klitschko used to do those and get away with them though). He also landed on Barrett’s upper chest/shoulder and he fell backwards like four feet. Valuev is definitely underrated. His weight would also be a problem for Fury in the clinch — Fury would not have been able to bully him like he did Wilder.

I believe Fury wouldn’t be able to knock Valuev out, either. Valuev had a huge skull and near impregnable chin. I don’t think Wilder would have been able to knock him down, maybe get a TKO stoppage though like in the Duhaupas fight. Remember, David Haye broke his right hand on his jaw!

However, I see Fury coming out relatively light (for him) and fighting him similar to how he did in the first Wilder fight. I think Fury wins a clear and unanimous decision.

Thoughts?

Comment

Valuev was ****ing garbage man lol.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              Furt stops him in dos rounds.
              - -Pottyboy opinions don't count.

Comment

Fury UD in a dull fight but it would be hilarious to watch at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  Valuev was ****ing garbage man lol.
                  - -U non****ing garbage man?

Comment

Haye had Valuev on spaghetti legs, imagine what Fury would do.

Comment

Working...
                    X