Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muhammad Ali most overrated Heavyweight of All Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly believe that a properly prepared Foreman, with no slack ropes, would have beaten Ali.

Without all of the build up, just drop them both into a standard ring and see who wins, I think Big George would have won it 7 or 8 times out of 10.

The whole 'rope a dope' thing has become a cute part of boxing lore. But in reality, I consider loosening the ropes to be basically cheating.

Comment

I have Tyson and Lewis above Ali any day of the week..

Comment

Hard to take this thread seriously.

Comment

I'm no Ali fan but his resume is unquestionable.

Name another Heavyweight who has more wins over Top 10-15 HW ATG's.

There isn't one.

Comment

troll thread. move on.

Comment

I mean.... I agree that Ali does get favoured considerably in these sort of discussions, because he had/has such a great influence on people.
              But - WTF is that list? That's one of the worst lists I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by mvooom View Post
                You forgot Povetkin.
                And Herbie hide

Comment

You're insane.

Comment

Earnie Shavers is the G.O.A.M.F.T.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                      But what about Ali kicking the shít out of all the guys you mentioned? Byrd made Vitali quit, what do you think Ali would do? Marciano would get stopped under 6. Johnson, I mean --- easy work. Joshua, again --- easy work.

Only real test there is Tyson and a young Ali/Clay is too much for Mike to handle in his prime. I love Tyson but Clay gets him.
                      Mike was my fav fighter ever but Ali would have spanked him. On the night he lost to Buster Douglas, although Mike was underprepared, you could see the blue print to beating him. Douglas looked like Ali that night, moving, bouncing and shooting that lazer sharp jab. Now imagine the same thing from someone twice as good.

Comment

Working...
                      X