• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do you drink a lot of alcohol?

how old are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Donald View Post
      3 monts..alternating 1 to 2 sessions a day..mainly running n boxing...no weights...maybe thats why

ive been in camp for 3 months training hard

3 months is not a long time.

world class fighters fighters training for big fights get into shape and make weight in 2-3 months, and they are full time athletes. they're also, you know, gifted.

monitor your weight, particularly in light of the fact that you aren't strength training specifically. eat less and more cleanly. make sure you've got an appropriate distribution of macronutrients for your weight / activity level, and try and get all of your micronutrients from whole foods. drink more water. sweat, sweat sweat.

and cut out the booze.

when i see people who chronically work out, but stay flabby, i generally question their diets, and their consumption of booze.

genetics also plays a gigantic role, as does age.

Comment

can you be skinny fat and be in shape?

i can believe chubby with muscle underneath, but skinny fat?

that's like combination of lazy bastard and eating only crap, no offense

anyway, i think you need more testosterone building exercises, try some heavy weights, preferably compound movement and leg workouts, really spike your test
        Last edited by SplitSecond; 04-10-2015, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Juan "Baby Bull" Diaz?

Comment

If it means a lot to you , you could make the commitment to a ketogenic diet

Which means high fat, very low carb diet

Eating stuff like eggs, seeds, avocado, nuts - hazelnuts and walnuts are the lowest carb, cashews , almonds and pistachios have more carbs,

I don't eat these but you could throw in butter and bacon

If you don't wanna do that, then at least change your breakfast from porridge to a high fat, very low carb meal such as some eggs. Research studies have shown that eating a high fat , low carb breakfast programs your metabolism to burn fat for the rest of the day. Then you can eat what you've been eating for rest of the day - mostly carbs.

If you eat a high fat diet but low carbs but not low enough to achieve ketosis then you're gonna feel miserable because the brain won't have ketones or carbs for brain function.

So basically, switch up your breakfast Sam. and eat the porridge an hour before a workout

this is the podcast episode where I got most of this Info from:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...=2&i=316314637

And here's some more info in this video:

http://youtu.be/u40zJA3RqM8

Good luck Sam, where there's a will, there's a way. I remember your thread last year about losing fat and gaining muscle.
            Last edited by jas; 04-10-2015, 06:37 PM.

Comment

thanks guys really appreciate it...nice to see responses from the old school posters on here...thank u...will look in to more in depth...

definitely feel weight training is a big factor as i do very very little other than run n box

Comment

Your largest meal needs to be no later than 4pm. Sleeping on a full stomach
                is one of the worst situations to put your body in.
                Also fasting for one full day every 35 days can be helpfull along with a clenzing aide. It helps to eat and release at a scheduled time your body will adapt to training easier. Never dehydrate during training days.
                Ray

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                  If it means a lot to you , you could make the commitment to a ketogenic diet

Which means high fat, very low carb diet

Eating stuff like eggs, seeds, avocado, nuts - hazelnuts and walnuts are the lowest carb, cashews , almonds and pistachios have more carbs,

I don't eat these but you could throw in butter and bacon

If you don't wanna do that, then at least change your breakfast from porridge to a high fat, very low carb meal such as some eggs. Research studies have shown that eating a high fat , low carb breakfast programs your metabolism to burn fat for the rest of the day. Then you can eat what you've been eating for rest of the day - mostly carbs.

If you eat a high fat diet but low carbs but not low enough to achieve ketosis then you're gonna feel miserable because the brain won't have ketones or carbs for brain function.

So basically, switch up your breakfast Sam. and eat the porridge an hour before a workout

this is the podcast episode where I got most of this Info from:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...=2&i=316314637

And here's some more info in this video:

http://youtu.be/u40zJA3RqM8

Good luck Sam, where there's a will, there's a way. I remember your thread last year about losing fat and gaining muscle.
                  Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  Also fasting for one full day every 35 days can be helpfull along with a clenzing aide. It helps to eat and release at a scheduled time your body will adapt to training easier. Never dehydrate during training days.
                  Ray
                  nonsense and nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    Ray
                    Good stuff, Ray.

Comment

all i see in this thread is a bunch of broscience. flab= more calroies your are consuming rather than being burned off. also your macronutrient in take should be .5grams*bodyweight, protien 1gram*bodyweight, rest of calories in your deficit should be filled with carbs. Thats how you get cut not by limiting your self to only certain types of food. Eat whatever you want to eat as long as it fits those macros.

Meal timing, eating only clean foods, no carbs before bed is all bro science.

Comment

Working...
                      X