Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USA Voted Worlds Most Competitive Economy This Year, Last Time This Happened Was 2008

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
    He'll call you superfan, big dunning kruger and/or threaten to put you on ignore, if he hasn't put you on ignore already.
    Dude is even lying about why he has me on ignore. he even looks at my posts, then pretends he didn't see them. When he does respond, he will parse out the part of the post where his lies are refuted.

I just don't think any discussion is productive if one guy is allowed to just lie, lie, lie and then the rest of us have to act like he just made a simple mistake when its clear he lies purposely.

Every one of his lies in this thread I have effectively rebutted with facts. Notice how yesterday he tried to pivot to food stamps and just manufacturing jobs after I proved him wrong on the GDP stats.

Comment

For anyone asking about the 4th quarter GDP before they took office:

+1.8%. 4th qtr 2016. Trump got from Obama.

https://www.thebalance.com/2008-gdp-...uarter-3305542

-8.2% in the Fourth Quarter in 2008. Obama got from Bush.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/A191RL1Q225SBEA

Chart shows 4th quarter GDP was +7.7% 4th qtr 1980 if I am reading it correctly.
      Last edited by The Big Dunn; 10-19-2018, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Lmao....

Trump winning, literally every righty poster on here told you smucks the economy would boom if you followed righty policies..

Literally obama said “those jobs ain’t coming back, no magic wand”

But dumb leeches don’t know any better

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          Dont go all superfan on me now.

The best economy on my life time was the 80s, the Reagan years.

And as you're seeing now, Trump's economy is beating the snot out of Obama's economy.

The worst economy over my lifetime was the Obama years, what with 8 years of <2% GDP growth.
          In my lifetime overall, it was the Clinton one. Not a fan of anyone. Is that you in a sombrero? Living the good life, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            Reagan inherited an economy with record high interest rates and massive inflation.

He was seeing over 5% growth within a few years.

Reagan cut taxes and regulations.

Go figure.
            Yes and got the national debt up to 3 trillion by 1988. Clinton had years where he they were in a surplus.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
              The Conservatives are quiet about the deficit. They are hypocrites.
              You aint slick when willfully ignorant on recession deficits caused by Bill Clinton's derivatives
              whats ironic is onebad65 likes to ride slick willy's fiscal schtick
              Last edited by maracho; 10-20-2018, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                Yes and got the national debt up to 3 trillion by 1988. Clinton had years where he they were in a surplus.
                Revenue nearly doubled over the 1980s. The problem was spending, as it actually grew even more. Hence the increased deficits.

As for the Clinton surplus, that's a myth.
                http://www.craigsteiner.us/articles/16

Long story short, total debt went up every year. The Government used accounting gimmicks that would get a private sector CEO thrown in prison.

The 'surplus' is achieved via the heavy use of "unfunded liabilities". That's the same thing California is doing now, while their State debt sky-rockets.

In layman's terms, "unfunded liabilities" means not paying a bill (or bills), and then claiming a surplus, despite the fact that bill you didn't pay is still owed.

It would be like me running a monthly household budget deficit of $400. If I chose to not make my $600 Mustang payment that month, do I have a $200 household surplus that month?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  In my lifetime overall, it was the Clinton one. Not a fan of anyone. Is that you in a sombrero? Living the good life, I guess.
                  Clinton had a good economy, including the lowest budget deficits we'd seen in many years.

That was achieved after Bill Clinton cut taxes on the rich via his Capital Gains Tax Cuts, and enacted welfare reform.

I often tout those Clinton policies as further proof tax cuts do stimulate an economy and create jobs and increased tax revenue.

No, it is not me in the pic. Here's where that pic came from:
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugly_American_(pejorative)

Comment

Originally posted by maracho View Post
                    You aint slick when willfully ignorant on recession deficits caused by Bill Clinton's derivatives
                    whats ironic is onebad65 likes to ride slick willy's fiscal schtick
                    Say more......

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                      Fair enough.

Then explain how tax cuts and regulation cuts cause recessions.

You also left out one example. Clinton cut taxes and deregulated. Where was his recession?
                      When did Clinton give tax cuts to the rich?

Clinton did deregulation and caused a financial crisis. He repealed Glass Steagall and the banks rejoiced.

If you knew what deregulation was you'd automatically know this is one of the main reasons why crashes/recessions occur. Example, the financial crisis was primarily caused by deregulation in the financial industry. The attempt to decrease the government involvement in the financial system backfired and was the underlying problem. This is why Glass Steagall was put into place to separate investment and commercial banking activities.

Tax cuts for the rich and corporations have little to no effect on the economy in the long term, hence the boom and bust cycle (along with the deregulation's). You give tax cuts to the rich they save and invest, you give tax cuts to corporations and they just do stock buybacks. They're are no real evidence that support cuts trickling down into higher wages. In fact company's like Coca-Cola and Cisco have stated there gains from corporate tax cuts will go only to share holders and CEO's, and not creating jobs or higher wages.

Comment

Working...
                      X