Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

>>> The odds on Ward Kovalev are widening...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• >>> The odds on Ward Kovalev are widening...

http://www.oddsshark.com/boxing/odds

One of the books has Ward as a -163 favorite. IIRC, that's down from -125 about a week ago. It seems as if the betting public is aware of what everyone here with at least 1/2 of a brain cell knows..

Definitely no surprise as the boxer usually has the advantage in rematches due to being able to figure out the puncher. BUT, this will still be a tough fight for Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
      http://www.oddsshark.com/boxing/odds

One of the books has Ward as a -163 favorite. IIRC, that's down from -125 about a week ago. It seems as if the betting public is aware of what everyone here with at least 1/2 of a brain cell knows..
      You are just as arrogant and rude as your beloved Ward. You say anybody with at least half a brain cell knows Ward will win. Nobody knows who will win until the fight is over. I am betting on Kovalev to win by KO and will get back 5 dollars for every dollar I bet if Kovalev wins by KO. I might lose my bet but that doesn't make me stupid. Last fight Kovalev knocked Ward down and about 75% of viewers polled thought Kovalev won. So betting on Ward is not that smart and betting on Kovalev is not that stupid.

Comment

I got Kovalev at +145. I bet Kovalev because I thought he won the first fight. I want to see him KO ward.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          You are just as arrogant and rude as your beloved Ward. You say anybody with at least half a brain cell knows Ward will win. Nobody knows who will win until the fight is over. I am betting on Kovalev to win by KO and will get back 5 dollars for every dollar I bet if Kovalev wins by KO. I might lose my bet but that doesn't make me stupid. Last fight Kovalev knocked Ward down and about 75% of viewers polled thought Kovalev won. So betting on Ward is not that smart and betting on Kovalev is not that stupid.
          Just curious, what kind of odds can I get for the opposite happening?

What is the payoff if Ward stops Kovalev?

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
            Just curious, what kind of odds can I get for the opposite happening?

What is the payoff if Ward stops Kovalev?
            Oddschecker has 13 - 1 as the best odds for Ward stopping Kovalev. Draw is 22 - 1.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSlickster View Post
              Definitely no surprise as the boxer usually has the advantage in rematches due to being able to figure out the puncher. BUT, this will still be a tough fight for Ward.
              they are both boxers, but Sergey also can punch

Comment

That's suprising.

Comment

For all the "everyone knows it was a robbery", $money$ has a way of revealing the truth.

Personally, I think it's still damn close to 50/50. I don't have a lot of faith in Kovalev's camp. Which seems to be mostly him deciding what's good for him. But, the factor I think helps Kovalev is that there was controversy in the first and I think judges will me more inclined to give swing rounds to Kovalev this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    For all the "everyone knows it was a robbery", $money$ has a way of revealing the truth.

Personally, I think it's still damn close to 50/50. I don't have a lot of faith in Kovalev's camp. Which seems to be mostly him deciding what's good for him. But, the factor I think helps Kovalev is that there was controversy in the first and I think judges will me more inclined to give swing rounds to Kovalev this time around.
                    If the fight is as close as it was last time I agree the judges will favor Kovalev. I have a feeling we might get a better performance from Ward with a SD win for Kovalev.

I'll say it now, having the HBO judge is not a good sign for Ward. All you would need is one of the other judges to score the fight for Kovalev and it's a rap.

Comment

Working...
                    X