Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Crawford-Khan, Pacquiao, Maidana, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bread is a knowledgeable and unbiased trainer.

People said that Bread is biased because he sound that he throwing certain boxers under the bus in a politely manner. I am sorry, but this is not the case. In differents Daily Mailbag, those suppose certain boxers he thrown under the bus, he also said positive things. Example: Sometimes he said some cons of Floyd and Canelo, but in other mails he said some pros about Floyd and Canelo. He is a Paquiao fan, but he recognize that Floyd is above him. People tend to misinterpretation and twist Bread words as bias when in reality he put his words in a unbiased way. If you all read his 10 last Daily Mailbags, you are all going to know what I mean. To me, Bread is a knowledgeable and unbiased trainer. Sometimes I disagree some points of Bread, but at the same time I saw why he made (x) point and they make sense. This is a person that I can talk about boxing and trade different opinions in a respectful manner and at the same time enjoy a little debate as a true boxing fan.
    Last edited by Dasmius Shinobi; 01-19-2019, 03:30 PM. Reason: corrections

Comment

Originally posted by Offic.Scorecard View Post
      I agree with you. Breadman surely knows a lot about boxing prehaps more than most of us, knows the history and also has great observations, brings up interesting points, but reading his mailbags, it becomes obvious he's shilling for certain fighters and very often doesn't want to admit the truth.
      Why would he do that? How does he benefit from "shilling for certain fighters"?

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
        Nah bra we've seen this scenario many times. Fighter isn't defending himself anymore, is lying against the ropes and getting the stuffing beat out of him. He looks at the ref and the ref stops the fight.

If Weeks didn't think the blows were low, then to him it would have looked like Kovalev was getting his ass beat and was quitting.
        Yes, we've all seen that scenario before, but not in the fight we're discussing.

Be real about it ... you know that Kovalev doubled over, sat on the ropes and looked at Weeks because he wanted to appeal a low blow.

As Breadman said, he was down at that point. Weeks should have given him a count. There was no need to wave it off immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuavale
          Bread clearly has a negroid bias.
          No he doesn't.

But he is a working member of the US boxing community and has to interract with US fighters, trainers, promoters, referees, etc, during his day to day life.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuavale
            Bread clearly has a negroid bias.

You racist POS first off Bread is Black so naturally he should have some biase towards himself, sniffly little Bytch! 2nd Blacks have dominated and been at the upper echelon of the sport for the over half a century! Blacks make up the bulk of nearly every respected Boxing historians ATG list. How in the FK can you seriously love Boxing and not have some leaning towards Black fighters considering what Black fighters have done in the sport you Skidmark! How in the heck can someone be pissed at a man for being real!

I have had my issues with Bread but he is being honest about what he knows PERIOD!

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              Yes, we've all seen that scenario before, but not in the fight we're discussing.

Be real about it ... you know that Kovalev doubled over, sat on the ropes and looked at Weeks because he wanted to appeal a low blow.

As Breadman said, he was down at that point. Weeks should have given him a count. There was no need to wave it off immediately.

who cares what Kovalev wanted, the referee is not compelled to pander to Kovalev's "wants".... especially when neither of those blows were low....

.... the way Kovalev reacted is definitely justification to stop the fight

1) Kovalev turned his back to Ward following two legit body-shots

2) Ward stopped punching, which was a professional error..... he should have finished Kovalev off, so we did not have to listen to your excuses

3) Kovalev reacted the way he did in the gif above, because this had been happening all night long.....

..... you are focusing solely on 1 or 2 blows that strayed low, but forgetting that the punches that caused Kovalev to turn his back on Ward and effectively take a knee, were legit..... and forgetting that Tony Weeks..... 1) is a competent professional..... 2) was a lot closer to the action, and in a much better position to observe what was happening, than you or I..... 3) made his decision based on the fact that he felt Kovalev was done

4) turning your back on an opponent IS failing to defend yourself

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                No he doesn't.

But he is a working member of the US boxing community and has to interract with US fighters, trainers, promoters, referees, etc, during his day to day life.

good post !

props ^^

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod
                  Garbage post.

Nothing but one irrelevant deflection after another.

Comment

I don't understand the hate on Bread

Bread always gives fighters their due respect and backs his opinions up with valid reasons. People are asking him questions and he gives thoughtful answers. Sometimes we might disagree, that's fine. People aren't supposed to always think the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                      The entire mailbag has become Breadman kissing the asses of contemporary American stars. "Floyd is better than Pacquiao. Ward is better than Kovalev. Crawford would beat everyone. Some of Ward's punches appeared to be low in the Kovalev rematch, but I couldn't tell because the replays were from such bad angles." Yeah and why do you think HBO hid the clear replays from us a$$hole? They did the show the one good one, of only one of the final three punches, though, and it was clearly low. It didn't "appear" low it was clear.

And when he's not pushing this bull****, he's busy kissing Canelo and Wilder's a$$es. That's his whole mailbag now, just praising the biggest moneymakers in America over and over again, promoting the cash cows or future cash cows one mailbag at a time. Does Breadman at least get a cut? Hopefully when JRoc beats Hurd, it will thrust Breadman back into the training spotlight, and he can focus more on that, instead of pushing 90% of the same agenda in his mailbags that the "LDBC" pushes on youtube, just with a respectful, intelligent spin the agenda, just enough intelligence to blind oneself from their own biases, it would seem......

I don't know what you're problem is with American fighters. The USA has the most world champions of any country at the moment so if you don't like seeing people write positively about them then maybe boxing isn't the sport for you?

In any case Bread always supports his opinions with logic and explanations. He's entitled to have a take on things even if it differs from yours.

In the comments section this week he is getting bashed for praising Floyd yet in past weeks he was getting bashed for praising Pacquiao over Floyd.

That just tells me he tries his best to be objective, considers all sides, and calls it as he sees it.

Comment

Working...
                      X