Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm going to still watch Kovalev if he continues to fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
    What?? How can you justify that stoppage and the low blows that preceded it? At the very least a standing 8 count, I mean come on man. Ward's just playing the game like everyone else plays it here in the States though. I'm not knocking him for being a dirty fighter. My problem is with Tony Weeks' unprofessional and shameless performance. But again I'm not bashing Ward he did what he had to do. Maidana is one of my favorite welterweights within the past few years and certainly was a dirty fighter too. There is always an element of cheating in boxing, which is why we need better refs to counter act those tactics
    There was no option for a standing 8. One strayed low but it was not changing the fact that Kovalev was DONE. I just watched the last round for the 5th time and Kovalev was not only getting his ass kicked, but he refused to fight at that point. Ward even let off him for a moment and Kovalev showed no signs of fighting back. Weeks did what he thought needed to be done. Don't forget, he's 3ft away, looking him in the eye.

Also, implying Ward intentionally threw low shows lack of knowledge. When Kovalev wasn't guarding, Ward nailed the target. When a guy bends over and covers up, it's extremely hard to land cleanly on the area he's protecting. People need to come to terms. Seriously.
    Last edited by Redd Foxx; 06-19-2017, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      I didn't like the racial tension this fight caused. It was hilarious but some people were/are too caught up in it. I can't excuse Kovalev's behavior but he always entertained me...

Ward won. He's pound for pound number one and he's a truly great fighter. Now let's stop being crybaby b*tches and move on....
      So, you support a quitter?

So, you lied to me in the other thread when you aid you were off the Eastern Euro bumwagon. Damn. I thought we was boys, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
        Just joined with three posts and already not a Kova fan... thanks for your opinion.
        You joined a month ago and all you do is cry
        Last edited by Mammoth; 06-19-2017, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
          What?? How can you justify that stoppage and the low blows that preceded it? At the very least a standing 8 count, I mean come on man. Ward's just playing the game like everyone else plays it here in the States though. I'm not knocking him for being a dirty fighter. My problem is with Tony Weeks' unprofessional and shameless performance. But again I'm not bashing Ward he did what he had to do. Maidana is one of my favorite welterweights within the past few years and certainly was a dirty fighter too. There is always an element of cheating in boxing, which is why we need better refs to counter act those tactics
          The way people justify it is by pretending that Kovalev said "I quit!" to Weeks right after the third low shot in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            Why would people stop watching, just cause he lost to Ward? They aren't real boxing fans
            Exactly. He lost to Ward, not some bum. I haven't seen anybody else at light heavy with great inside game. Not that i can think of any way.

Comment

I was never much of a fan to begin with. His offense isnt creative enough, his arsenal is limited and i never found him too exciting.

I watched the fight again and while Ward threw some illegal shots, he was overall the better fighter.

Now i am sure that GGG would wreck the sht out of Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                Just joined with three posts and already not a Kova fan... thanks for your opinion.
                The fight brought me here. What's wrong with that?

Kovalev has quit in him. That can't be denied.

Comment

Originally posted by CLICKS View Post
                  The fight brought me here. What's wrong with that?

Kovalev has quit in him. That can't be denied.
                  He has glass balls.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                    So, you support a quitter?

So, you lied to me in the other thread when you aid you were off the Eastern Euro bumwagon. Damn. I thought we was boys, man.
                    Lol yeah I thought I was being funny. Maybe it wasn't. Definitely don't support the way Kovalev caved like that... But before that fight he provided me with enough entertainment to give him another shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                      You joined a month ago and all you do is cry
                      I was a long time reader of the forums, and already knew what was up before finally deciding to participate. Had Larry call me an alt three times in my first hour here actually. But no tears shed from me, friend. Isn't this a forum to talk about boxing? Calling blatant fouls for what they are, and discussing them is crying? Damn, when it comes to Ward, not only is he protected by boxing officials, but he has protectors on forums defending his dirty work as well. Good to know.

Comment

Working...
                      X