Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As i gain experience in sparring, will the fatigue go away?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As i gain experience in sparring, will the fatigue go away?

For all intensive purposes we'll say this is my first time sparring. Sparred 3 full rounds (i sparred a tad over a year ago, but this is a fresh start and i actually stayed in the pocket instead of jab and run).

Anyways, i was already gassed by the end of the 2nd round. I think i was breathing w/ my mouth open and felt sluggish during the 3rd round. When I train with my trainer (mitts, movement bags) i can easily easily do more with even more activity for way more rounds. I take the premature fatigue due to nerves and not being relaxed during sparring. Or is it possible I just really need to work on my conditioning THAT much more??

Thanks for the responses.

Both & All! Your nerves will rob you of your stamina and get you in more trouble too. You need to learn to relax without giving away your intensity! For now keep reminding yourself to "Focus"! Stay loose and relaxed but focused on what your working on. Breathing must be smooth and not erratic that will help you immensely. Keep your mouth piece in once you enter the gym rope, shadow, bags, exercises everything!!! Use it when you do road work. You should actually have two a very good one for spar and a similar one for practice. Using it all the time will help get your breathing patterns in line.
    Ray.

Comment

Your right! The moment i put in my mouthpiece (its been so long) i immediately felt a little hampered or handicapped in my breathing. Even though i always breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth normally when training, it still felt awkward. Will take your advice!

As far as staying relaxed at first.... is it better to stay in the pocket and slip, and block? Or is it better to use your legs more and pivot and roll?

Comment

Depends on how often you get a chance to spar. If your in for 3 rds then work 2 of 3 on what you need the most work on then finish with what your more accomplished with.
        Sessions have a lot to do with the way your trainer runs things. I'm just suggesting a percentage that makes sense to me if your sparring is limited
        (9 rds per week)
        Under my schooling you would know which nights your in and what you'll be working because your bag work and shadowing leading up to the sessions would be centered around the lessons.
        Good luck, a really good boxer/fighter needs about 12 years to get polished.
        Then theres a similar guy with 13 yrs that beats ya!! hahaha!!!!
        In boxing time is the enemy!
        Ray.

Comment

As you get more reps and relaxed, you should improve your endurance.. Plus don't forget to do cardio like your road work,, running 3+ miles is a good start

Comment

Ray Corso,

i'm 29. Great.... lol

Comment

both.. but by the sound of it being tense is the real issue. but it indeed will go away with experience, the more comfortable and relaxed you get the more speed, power and above all stamina you will have.

its a great feeling when you finally get over that hurdle of being tense, it feels like you did a years worth of improvements in a couple of days.

Comment

Fatigue will never go away until you get your breathing under control, relax man. In through your nose out your mouth. Stop tensing up, learn to relax yourself in the ring popping shots out.

Comment

...............that's better than 30 I guess, not much but better!
                  If your looking to be competitive you better be a tuff MF or have skills and talent. Other than that you can learn to spar correctly and help out kids who growing up in the gym and you can get what your looking for at the same time. Controlled spar sessions for teaching always needs a "gym rat" who understands weight differences and experience differences and can work with the trainer to apply techniques being taught.
                  I had an older guy (28 thru 35) that trained in my gym and was my go to spar mate for hundreds of kids. He box with a 15 yrs 125lb or a 23 yrs 170lb and could take my instructions perfectly and was a beloved member for years.
                  He could imitate any fighter and the guy was always in good shape.
                  An assistant to the trainer of sorts!
                  Ray.

Comment

In this sport, if you are in the gym, or a bout, and you are not dealing with fatigue at some level than you are just playing. Fight hard and train even harder.

Fatigue must become your friend, an unwelcome acquaintance.... whatever fatigue becomes to you the sooner you just except it and work through it the faster you will grow. You will be tested daily, face to face with that SOB fatigue.

Your mind controls the fatigue and works through, and then past the fatigue...... or it/you give up. Your mind controls how the fatigue is going to affect you, your muscles can keep fighting on.

you control your mind, YOU CONTROL IT ALL, fatigue does not control you.

Once you make that last sentence WORK FOR YOU, continued with proper training, your conditioning is going to explode. Trust me..........
                    Last edited by Rockin'; 07-19-2014, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X