No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao vs. Lucas Matthysse Set Down For ESPN+

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
    Whatever. I'll watch it on my free UK stream. Boxnation baby!!!

F**k ESPN.

F**k Arum too.

I'm very familiar with that stream! They've saved me many a dollar over the years!

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
      will there be a free trial again? lol..

Just need to register a new ESPN account and use a different credit or debit card.

Comment

The bigger problem will be that there has been no promotion for this shady ass fight, other than hardcore boxing fans, nobody knows this **** is even happening. Additionally, what time is this going to be taking place in the US?

Comment

Well I forgot to cancel my subscription after the Crawford fight so guess I can watch

Comment

Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao vs. Lucas Matthysse Set Down For ESPN+

The next chapter in the storied career of former eight-division world champion and future first-ballot Hall of Famer, Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao, will stream live and exclusively in the United States on Saturday, July 14 at 9 p.m. ET on ESPN+ - the recently-launched multi-sport, direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service from The Walt Disney Company's Direct-to-Consumer & International segment in conjunction with ESPN. This will be Pacquiao's first fight since headlining cable television's highest-rated and most-watched boxing telecast since 2006, when he fought Jeff Horn in July of 2017 on ESPN.
            [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Why the hell wouldn't they put this on regular ESPN? Pacquiao's name alone would ensure at minimum very respectable numbers on ESPN. Hell just look at the monster numbers the Pacquiao/Horn fight got. The viewer numbers from that fight were a huge success.

But on the app? No casual is going to sign up for a Pacquiao fight -- hell most of them aren't even aware that he's still an active fighter. The Crawford numbers on the app were bad, right? And Crawford is considered a legitimate #1 P4P contender.

Only hardcore fight fans and Pacquiao fans (many of which have moved on from him and onto other fighters) will sign up to watch. I'm a huge Pacquiao fan so yes I'll subscribe but I fully expect these numbers to be paltry at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                Why the hell wouldn't they put this on regular ESPN? Pacquiao's name alone would ensure at minimum very respectable numbers on ESPN. Hell just look at the monster numbers the Pacquiao/Horn fight got. The viewer numbers from that fight were a huge success.

But on the app? No casual is going to sign up for a Pacquiao fight -- hell most of them aren't even aware that he's still an active fighter. The Crawford numbers on the app were bad, right? And Crawford is considered a legitimate #1 P4P contender.

Only hardcore fight fans and Pacquiao fans (many of which have moved on from him and onto other fighters) will sign up to watch. I'm a huge Pacquiao fan so yes I'll subscribe but I fully expect these numbers to be paltry at best.
                There is more money to be made with subscriptions versus ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Did those numbers ever come out? I didnt think they'd do well considering I saw a bunch of people on twitter confused as to how to see the fight. Some thought that it was just gonna be on espn like any other fight and some thought espn+ was a television channel. And i saw a few people saying they didnt wanna watch it on their phone. Unless you have a roku, firestick or can cast from your phone to tv, who the hell wants to watch a fight on their phone ratherthan a tv at home with friends or at a sports bar.?

I knew they would put pac on the app they wanna boost those subscriptions. If 4.4 million people tuned in to see pac fight the nobody horn. I'm willing to bet they could do half of that. The undercard for this is diverse as hell. 2 million subscribers at $5 is an easy 10mill for ESPN.

Comment

Ill watch on Kodi.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
                      Did those numbers ever come out? I didnt think they'd do well considering I saw a bunch of people on twitter confused as to how to see the fight. Some thought that it was just gonna be on espn like any other fight and some thought espn+ was a television channel. And i saw a few people saying they didnt wanna watch it on their phone. Unless you have a roku, firestick or can cast from your phone to tv, who the hell wants to watch a fight on their phone ratherthan a tv at home with friends or at a sports bar.?

I knew they would put pac on the app they wanna boost those subscriptions. If 4.4 million people tuned in to see pac fight the nobody horn. I'm willing to bet they could do half of that. The undercard for this is diverse as hell. 2 million subscribers at $5 is an easy 10mill for ESPN.
                      Two million people aren't signing up for this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X