me sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluehefner View Post
    am getting jelous from shawn lol he gots a **** load of comments
    Only because hes ****, You'd kick the **** out of him, If that makes you feel good

Comment

you look good out there man. like what everyone else said, you seem to drop your hands after a combination. but that flurry at 2:40 was awesome.

Comment

lol am at 145 right now!!! am fAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Haven't read all the responses so I may be repeating myself. The video is hard to see clearly but I'll do my best to give some pointers.

Overall you look pretty good. There are a few things you can work on / may have already.

You're elbows for one are very wide. - Incomming slip / body shot
          You're dropping your hands alot. - Incomming anything
          You are keeping your hands pretty far out infront of your face. - Incomming hooks
          You are also when not keeping your hands low, keeping them way to high. - Incomming body shots
          You are also very squared up. - More body shots incomming.
          After you throw your right hand, you are still leaving it out there. Bring it back faster. - Incomming left hooks.

You are slapping with your bunches a bit, mostly the hook. Maybe it's because you both are working together. However, I would definatly get in the practice of turning your punches over. Working with someone or not, bad habbits form easily.

Not sure if you are tired, or what. But throughout the entire video for the most part, you are flat footed.

You are fighting off your back foot, one of the rare few I actually see fighting this way. This is how I prefer to box.

You are going to want to be careful dropping your head so low, and keeping your left hand 'pawed' out. You will get warned and points taken away in amature/competition for that.

Also, when you jab you are doing one of two things. You are either pulling your right hand down/back(Usually when you follow up with a right hand. This is telegraphing and leaving you open), or you are pulling your right elbow out. This is a very bad habbit and one that usually starts when you start out boxing. Your trainer should of helped you correct this ages ago. A trick I use to show people was to get a small glove. Tuck it between your right elbow, and your side. Now just work on your jab and hooks on the bag. The glove shouldn't drop. This will help correct you're problem.

You obviously have some experience. I can tell by your movement and ring generalship. Just critique and working on tighting your guard a bit. You guys both are working well together, like sparring should be. I don't see bombs being thrown or eachother trying to knock one another out. This should be set as an example to alot of the people here who post sparring videos which are full out brawls.

Definatly one of the better fighters I've seen on the forums.
          Last edited by Domey; 04-17-2009, 08:31 AM.

Comment

A Man!!! That wasn't bad. Ya'll need a ring though. Whole different feeling and gameplan ya know? Lemme see more training footage.

Comment

Domey
              thanks bro... i take ur advice... good points u got there... agian this footage was in 06 :/ i havent box nomore its been since dec' 07... i wanna get back to it...
              thanks agian

Squabbles94806
              thanks man!!!! u guys make me wanna go back to it... heres another video of me hittin the mitts
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9emQPauJ21c
              crappy quility but hey somthin is somthing LOL
              that was eaily 07
              propz

Comment

Why did you stop? How many actual fights have you had?

If you want to get back into it so bad, why don't you?

If you do get back in, try not to get discouraged. You wont be as fast, you wont react as well, your timing will be way off, and you'll be out of shape. Getting back into boxing after a long layoff is one of the hardest things I have done. I took almost 7 years off of boxing due to a serious car accident and neck/back injury. I went back to the gym and sparred kids I use to easily dominate and I would get schooled. Hell I still do not even feel I am where I use to be and I been training for almost two years since then.

Either way, goodluck with what you do.

Comment

ohhhh ****... ur right...
                  you wont be as fast, you wont react as well, your timing will be way off, and you'll be out of shape.
                  damn com to think about iit ur right.....
                  my record 4W 3L
                  am only 19 years old tho... i still think i can do it... it all has to do with stamina

Comment

Originally posted by supRa View Post
                    Domey
                    thanks bro... i take ur advice... good points u got there... agian this footage was in 06 :/ i havent box nomore its been since dec' 07... i wanna get back to it...
                    thanks agian

Squabbles94806
                    thanks man!!!! u guys make me wanna go back to it... heres another video of me hittin the mitts
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9emQPauJ21c
                    crappy quility but hey somthin is somthing LOL
                    that was eaily 07
                    propz

WTF is your problem!!!??? LOL. Get back to a gym and start fightin again!!! Even though i know the footage was dubbed high speed, the technique is clean and sharp. You're a little older, more mature from '06...so you've got more experience.

* Dump your girl
                    * Get back in the gym
                    * start doin roadwork
                    * start fightin
                    * climb the ranks
                    * turn pro
                    * make money

From what little i've seen, looks like you know what you're doin. Don't let that ***** go to waste kid.

Comment

Working...
                    X