Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook Expects KO: Manny Pacquiao Will Stop Amir Khan!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broke shouldn't focus on Spence because if Spence beats him he's stuck between fighting bums at 147 or losing to all the top guys at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by DeLorean View Post
      I don't get why people think Manny has fallen off.
      - Went the DISTANCE with Josh Clottey
      - Went the DISTANCE with Brandon Rios
      - Went the DISTANCE with Marquez 3 times
      - Lost to Bradley the first fight ("No matter how...you...cut it, slice it or dice it, he LOST to Timothy Bradley." -- Floyd)
      - Got knocked out cold - asleep - by Marquez in the 4th fight
      - Went the DISTANCE with Bradley 3 times
      - Went the DISTANCE with Chris Algieri
      - Went the DISTANCE with TBE and got schooled over those 12
      - Went the DISTANCE with Jessie Vargas

I don't think it's a matter of falling off, I think he simply doesn't have the instinct to finish anymore. He's a point fighter now. He fought Vargas almost like Floyd Mayweather!

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
      He didnt get wobbled by Collazo, who wobbled Thurman, knocked out Ortiz and recently Sammy Vasquez. Collazo hits alot harder than Algieri, there are other variables you have to look at besides chin, such as size and weight, hand speed, foot speed....its not a easy fight for Pac

If Khan can come in the form which he did when he beat Collazo and Devon, he's going to win a UD and retire Pac

However if he comes in like he did against Canelo, overwight and flabby, he's getting KO'd
      I don't see Khan winning by any means, but 99% he's taking Manny the distance.

Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
      King khan is going to be backpedaling quicker than a midget at the circus.
      Stay at distance, nullify Manny with the jab = Khan takes Manny the distance. Yes, I see that happening.

Comment

Originally posted by miniq View Post
        Khan is going to beat 38 year old Pacquiao.

Pacquiao will throw ~400 punches
        Khan will throw ~500 punches

Both will land about 150-170 punches. Khan will land 10-20 more punches. Khan will win the fight from his success early in the fight...Might even end in a draw.

Very close decision will be given to Khan, rematch at the end of the year.

No knockdowns, No KO.

Khan looks phenomenal and much quicker than Pacquiao intill he slows down in round 5. Everyone laments Pacquiao's lack of workrate and calls him shot.

PACQUIAO IS CUT ABOVE HIS RIGHT EYE
        You forgot to say "SPOILER ALERT"!

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
          its his nickname that he chose for himself...im pretty sure evander holyfield lied dozen of times but he called himself the truth...mike tyson wasnt made of iron and he was iron mike...you call yourself ray even though thats not your real name...should i go on
          holyfield was called real deal, not truth, and people knew why he was referred to as that. Holyfield was a real fighter who always brought it and was as tough as they come. Tyson was referred to as iron because he was a devastating puncher and never appeared to be hurt in his prime hence giving the appeal he was made of iron. Khan calling himself king has 0 relevance to what he's ever been as a boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
            Khan sacrifices power for speed. He hurts people threw accumulation not respect of power
            Khan did have some power behind his punches when he was still under roach. He committed more to his punches.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
              - Went the DISTANCE with Josh Clottey
              - Went the DISTANCE with Brandon Rios
              - Went the DISTANCE with Marquez 3 times
              - Lost to Bradley the first fight ("No matter how...you...cut it, slice it or dice it, he LOST to Timothy Bradley." -- Floyd)
              - Got knocked out cold - asleep - by Marquez in the 4th fight
              - Went the DISTANCE with Bradley 3 times
              - Went the DISTANCE with Chris Algieri
              - Went the DISTANCE with TBE and got schooled over those 12
              - Went the DISTANCE with Jessie Vargas

I don't think it's a matter of falling off, I think he simply doesn't have the instinct to finish anymore. He's a point fighter now. He fought Vargas almost like Floyd Mayweather!

I don't see Khan winning by any means, but 99% he's taking Manny the distance.

Stay at distance, nullify Manny with the jab = Khan takes Manny the distance. Yes, I see that happening.
              If you think anybody can KO clottey, good luck with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                I wonder if Khan's punches might actually have an effect.

I think that is another problem of his. Opponents walk through him.
                Khan wasn't even really a big puncher at 135. He got plenty of KO's because he was just beating up poor opposition on the way up.

He's a pretty good body puncher though and can land in the right spots.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                  He didnt get wobbled by Collazo, who wobbled Thurman, knocked out Ortiz and recently Sammy Vasquez. Collazo hits alot harder than Algieri, there are other variables you have to look at besides chin, such as size and weight, hand speed, foot speed....its not a easy fight for Pac

If Khan can come in the form which he did when he beat Collazo and Devon, he's going to win a UD and retire Pac

However if he comes in like he did against Canelo, overwight and flabby, he's getting KO'd
                  You're delusional, but why am surprised a Khan fan falls within this criteria? Smh

Comment

Pacquiao is way past his prime , he has nothing left to accomplish in boxing , he should retire. Having said that , it would not surprise me if he tops Khan as Khan himself should just hang them up , before his glass jaw gets broken for good.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                      If you think anybody can KO clottey, good luck with that.
                      Cotto almost did, were it not for the headbutts.

But the point isn't just Clottey. Manny is now a point fighter and has been for at least 7 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X