No announcement yet.

114 113 114 114 114 113

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
    Ward fans who are kidding themselves that this was even close cannot see the contradiction of their only argument. "There were simply two many close rounds to call it a robbery".

Lets take aside if kovalev was the challenger, he definitely should have got the belts.

Lets take aside he landed the best shots and even out landed via computer box(which should only be used in conjunction with being more effective pucher)

If it was as close as some of you are saying, how did ALL three get 114 113. The probability of that is neigh impossible especially as you claim that there were many close could have gone either way. Sure you would have a wide range of scores if that were to be the case?

Thoughts?
    I had it 114-113 too, must be some kind of conspiracy.

It's just 3 professional judges, not 200 people all giving the same scores. I thought only a couple of rounds were hard to score, the rest were either clear or close but still clear enough.

For so-called boxing fans the amount of stupidity (paid judges, fixed fights) and ridiculous scoring (Kovalev winning 8-4 or 9-3 as some are saying) on this forum is unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
      https://www.reddit.com/r/Boxing/comm...levward_using/

I scored the fight exactly as this image (or I think I did):

For the record, this was the average of 200 users scoring the fight.

Stop reaching with this decision. I box, and I'm a bigger fan of Kovalev. True that I did bet on Ward, but that's because coming into the fight I expected him to win a close fight by decision. It was a close fight, probably closer than even Thurman-Porter, but it is what it is. This result definitely does warrant a rematch, imo.
      exactly how i had it.. 9 COULD have gone to kov, maybe even 3.. anyone saying robbery dksab and expected kov to win because hes a big strong man and ward has more bruises

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        exactly how i had it.. 9 COULD have gone to kov, maybe even 3.. anyone saying robbery dksab and expected kov to win because hes a big strong man and ward has more bruises
        Yes, you said it, and that scorecard showed it. Close fight, could've gone either way, I'd been happy.

Comment

1-10-9-kovalev
          2-10-8 kovalev
          3-10-9 ward
          4-10-9 kovalev
          5-10-9-ward
          6-10-9 kovalev
          7-10-9-ward
          8-10-9 ward
          9-10-9 ward
          10-10-9 kovalev
          11-10-9 ward
          12-10-9 ward

final score 114-113 ward.....

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
            The decision stinks of cookery, the way all 3 American judges gave 7 rounds to Ward, convenient when calculating the KD too.
            LOL. Stop blaming Ward and the judges. Nobody had a problem that the judges are American before the fight and now the fans and Kovalev has a problem now. ***** ass Kovalev complaining about a robbery in the post fight interview when he only has himself to blame. Why go into a fight with three American judges?

Kovalev should've done more in the 2nd half of the fight. He only has himself to blame for even allowing Ward to get into the fight and make it close. Was it Ward's fault Kovalev got tired and his punches had no impact on Ward in the 2nd half of the fight? Ward was landing the better punches and his punches had more behind them than Kovalev.

The fight was only close because of the KD. Take away the KD and Ward clearly wins the fight. Ward outboxed him after the 5th round. A couple of the early rounds go to Ward.

Comment

Kellerman put it best when he said it wasn't a bad decision, it was the type of decision where ward was just given every round he could possibly be given. It's rare for all 3 judges to go that way in a fight where rounds were close...but it is what it is. This was not a robbery...a bit of a gift maybe. As soon as the scores were announced, i knew it was going to ward. I scored it 115-112 kovalev..114-113 the other way is not too far off, but i just find it hard to score 7 rounds for ward.

Comment

Originally posted by War Dinamita View Post
                LOL. Stop blaming Ward and the judges. Nobody had a problem that the judges are American before the fight and now the fans and Kovalev has a problem now. ***** ass Kovalev complaining about a robbery in the post fight interview when he only has himself to blame. Why go into a fight with three American judges?

Kovalev should've done more in the 2nd half of the fight. He only has himself to blame for even allowing Ward to get into the fight and make it close. Was it Ward's fault Kovalev got tired and his punches had no impact on Ward in the 2nd half of the fight? Ward was landing the better punches and his punches had more behind them than Kovalev.

The fight was only close because of the KD. Take away the KD and Ward clearly wins the fight. Ward outboxed him after the 5th round. A couple of the early rounds go to Ward.
                Well no, your entire post is mistaken. I guess people really view the tape differently but there's also a poll here on NSB where the clear majority say Kovalev won and the general outcry about the result you cannot just deny or brush off as 'nonsense'. A lot of observers view this as a robbery.

Comment

rd1 K 10 W 9
                  rd2 K 10 W 8
                  rd3 K 10 W 9
                  rd4 K 10 W 9
                  rd5 K 10 W 9
                  rd6 K 10 W 9
                  rd7 K 9 W 10
                  rd8 K 9 W 10
                  rd9 K 9 W 10
                  rd10 K 10 W 9
                  rd11 K 9 W 10
                  rd12 K 10 W 9

Kovalev 116 Ward 111

Comment

Round 10 is a dead giveaway. The judges knew if they scored that one for Kovalev, Ward couldn't win. It was one of the easiest rounds to score and they gave it to Ward. Kovalev got screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                      Well no, your entire post is mistaken. I guess people really view the tape differently but there's also a poll here on NSB where the clear majority say Kovalev won and the general outcry about the result you cannot just deny or brush off as 'nonsense'. A lot of observers view this as a robbery.
                      They can think whatever they want. At the end of the day, Kov should've done more in the 2nd half of the fight to make sure Ward had no chance of winning the fight.

They can cry all they want. Ward will take him to school in the rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X