No announcement yet.

Will wilder go down as the greatest of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
    Joshuas defence has looked poor against klitschko and he had a blip against whyte. Outside of that hes actually looked defensively sound.

Wilders defence ALWAYS looks bad. I KNOW joshua can easily get through wilders defence and that when he does the ko will come very quickly.

I dont know if wilder can land anything meaningful before he gets taken out, he usually drops rounds getting peppered before he can land his power even against C level fighters
    both guys have had it pretty easy thus far. wlad put up a valiant effort after taking off 2 years. it wouldnt have mattered if they fought right after the fury fiasco. wlad was shot and, imho, wilder would have beaten him up too.

i still say the better chin wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
      both guys have had it pretty easy thus far. wlad put up a valiant effort after taking off 2 years. it wouldnt have mattered if they fought right after the fury fiasco. wlad was shot and, imho, wilder would have beaten him up too.

There is no way on earth that wilder would beat wlad and you have absolutely nothing to base that comment on. His best win is stiverne for God's sake.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post

Originally posted by redmish View Post
        There is no way on earth that wilder would beat wlad and you have absolutely nothing to base that comment on. His best win is stiverne for God's sake.
        focus on the b/ul.

i stand by it. the wlad that fought aj, IMHO, would catch an L-KO vs wilder.

Comment

I just don't get it with Wilder, it's like am I crazy and i'm just not seeing the same fighter on the screen that all his fans are?

Every single fight he has he loses multiple, multiple rounds, gets hit all the time, has poor defence, has been wobbled a bunch of times and his best opponent is...........?? The only "puncher" he has faced is Bermane who you can't really even count that one because he looked so terrible.

He looks poor at sort of "fringe world level" yet his fans expect him to beat Anthony Joshua who has looked far superior at a much higher level??

You know, boxing is a weird sport and anything can happen, plus Joshua does certainly have his flaws, but you guys think Deontay Wilder is the man to exploit those flaws??

Really?

Really really?

I thought it was pretty blatent that he's just looking for a "michael grant vs lennox lewis cash out" before someone else gets to him for a lot less money

If you want to see Joshua lose, Luis Ortiz, Alexander Povetkin, those are the guys who i'd look at favouring to beat AJ at this stage.

But Wilder?

Really??

Brilliant comment! I totally agree with this. Most of the time, things like 'flaws' and 'skills' are relative. Anthony Joshua is 'flawed' relative to whom? Certainly not if compared to Deontay Wilder. Perhaps he is compared to the likes of Luis Ortiz and Alexander Povetkin as you correctly stated.

If being objective, we are meant to judge / evaluate a boxer based on their record and comparing both Joshua's and Wilder's record, there is nothing in Wilder's record that suggests he could beat Joshua. In fact, it's more to the contrary. Whereas Joshua does have the record to suggest he can indeed beat Wilder. This is simply based on an objective analysis!

Comment

What does Wilder have in his record to suggest that he could even defeat a 41 year old Wladimir Klitschko? 41 year old Wladimir Klitschko is still significantly better than Gerald Washington (who out-boxed Deontay Wilder with a rudimentary jab that was nowhere the level of Wlad's). Yet somehow, Deontay Wilder is going to KO Wladimir Klitschko?

If Anthony Joshua, who has a better proven defense than Deontay Wilder was still getting hit by Wladimir Klitschko at age 41, then on what reality is Wladimir Klitschko not going to land on Wilder who has an even more of a suspect chin than Joshua? At least Joshua didn't get knocked out by a former cruiserweight.

Comment

Ggg beat Jacobs 8-4

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
                What does Wilder have in his record to suggest that he could even defeat a 41 year old Wladimir Klitschko? 41 year old Wladimir Klitschko is still significantly better than Gerald Washington (who out-boxed Deontay Wilder with a rudimentary jab that was nowhere the level of Wlad's). Yet somehow, Deontay Wilder is going to KO Wladimir Klitschko?

If Anthony Joshua, who has a better proven defense than Deontay Wilder was still getting hit by Wladimir Klitschko at age 41, then on what reality is Wladimir Klitschko not going to land on Wilder who has an even more of a suspect chin than Joshua? At least Joshua didn't get knocked out by a former cruiserweight.
                Oh please, Wilder beats 41 year old Klitschko too, Klitschko isnt some amazing boxer or anything,cut the bull****. Klitschko was done after Fury pissed on him

Comment

Originally posted by NYG View Post
                  Oh please, Wilder beats 41 year old Klitschko too, Klitschko isnt some amazing boxer or anything,cut the bull****. Klitschko was done after Fury pissed on him
                  You're right, Wladimir Klitschko isn't an 'amazing' boxer because he is the greatest heavyweight boxer of all time with the greatest heavyweight record of all time.

As for Wilder being able to beat a 41 year old Klitschko. Why didn't Wilder fight Klitschko then? Or anybody from the top 10 for that matter when he had the opportunity? Joshua with half the fights has already defeated better level of opposition than Wilder. These are facts! Same applies to Joseph Parker. Most of those claims about Wilder are purely speculative because he hasn't been tested against elite opponents yet.

Comment

Joshuas defence has looked poor against klitschko and he had a blip against whyte. Outside of that hes actually looked defensively sound.

Wilders defence ALWAYS looks bad. I KNOW joshua can easily get through wilders defence and that when he does the ko will come very quickly.

I dont know if wilder can land anything meaningful before he gets taken out, he usually drops rounds getting peppered before he can land his power even against C level fighters
                    Wilder excels with pressure fighters, he's gotten tagged a few times pressuring guys. AJ has only ever shown the ability to come forward, how many times have we seen him boxing off the back foot? You can outbox Wilder all you want, he can even avoid throwing anything for the first few rounds like Washington, but when he does throw, when he does land, you go to sleep.

Comment

Working...
                    X