No announcement yet.

Will wilder go down as the greatest of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
    I just don't get it with Wilder, it's like am I crazy and i'm just not seeing the same fighter on the screen that all his fans are?

Every single fight he has he loses multiple, multiple rounds, gets hit all the time, has poor defence, has been wobbled a bunch of times and his best opponent is...........?? The only "puncher" he has faced is Bermane who you can't really even count that one because he looked so terrible.

He looks poor at sort of "fringe world level" yet his fans expect him to beat Anthony Joshua who has looked far superior at a much higher level??

You know, boxing is a weird sport and anything can happen, plus Joshua does certainly have his flaws, but you guys think Deontay Wilder is the man to exploit those flaws??

Really?

Really really?

I thought it was pretty blatent that he's just looking for a "michael grant vs lennox lewis cash out" before someone else gets to him for a lot less money

If you want to see Joshua lose, Luis Ortiz, Alexander Povetkin, those are the guys who i'd look at favouring to beat AJ at this stage.

But Wilder?

Really??
    the good thing is, we will most likely see which fan base is right. 3g's fan base swore no credible opponent would dare step up to him. then jacobs did just that.

they then said jacobs just signed his death certificate. no way a guy who was knocked down by mora could survive a guy like 3g. lo and behold, an off balance kd was the difference.

wilder and aj both have flaws which will make the fight very entertaining. the better chin will win.

Comment

I just don't get it with Wilder, it's like am I crazy and i'm just not seeing the same fighter on the screen that all his fans are?

Every single fight he has he loses multiple, multiple rounds, gets hit all the time, has poor defence, has been wobbled a bunch of times and his best opponent is...........?? The only "puncher" he has faced is Bermane who you can't really even count that one because he looked so terrible.

He looks poor at sort of "fringe world level" yet his fans expect him to beat Anthony Joshua who has looked far superior at a much higher level??

You know, boxing is a weird sport and anything can happen, plus Joshua does certainly have his flaws, but you guys think Deontay Wilder is the man to exploit those flaws??

Really?

Really really?

I thought it was pretty blatent that he's just looking for a "michael grant vs lennox lewis cash out" before someone else gets to him for a lot less money

If you want to see Joshua lose, Luis Ortiz, Alexander Povetkin, those are the guys who i'd look at favouring to beat AJ at this stage.

But Wilder?

Really??
      it was all a prank. they wanted to prove how weak boxing was so they took a mildly autistic man who was very tall and manufactured him into heavyweight champ of the world. it was funny at first but now people are forgetting that it was just a gag. hes not really a boxer. he falls over while throwing punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
        the good thing is, we will most likely see which fan base is right. 3g's fan base swore no credible opponent would dare step up to him. then jacobs did just that.

they then said jacobs just signed his death certificate. no way a guy who was knocked down by mora could survive a guy like 3g. lo and behold, an off balance kd was the difference.

wilder and aj both have flaws which will make the fight very entertaining. the better chin will win.
        no it wasnt ggg would have won without it. people gave jacobs more credit than he deserved simply for surviving. typical underdog doing better than expected made it seem closer than it was. you even had people who had it 3-0 jacobs after 3 rounds. thats insanity and "hes not getting ko'd so hes winning" mentality. same thing happened to a lesser degree in the canelo fight. people just giving him roudns simply for not being destroyed and saying vague sh-t like canelo won first 3 and last 3....um no. like how in the hell did canelo win round 11 for example. got outlanded 3 to 1 and staggered with a left hook. makes no sense.
        Last edited by daggum; 11-04-2017, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          no it wasnt ggg would have won without it. people gave jacobs more credit than he deserved simply for surviving. typical underdog doing better than expected made it seem closer than it was. you even had people who had it 3-0 jacobs after 3 rounds. thats insanity and "hes not getting ko'd so hes winning" mentality.
          3g landed at a 38% clip, danny 33 %. danny did more than just survive and 3g didnt come close to killing him. what pushed it over the edge was the off balance kd and 3g's jab. that shlt was a weapon that night.

wilder vs aj is not a mismatch. 2 guys who are defensively neglectful and extreme headhunters.

Comment

3g landed at a 38% clip, danny 33 %. danny did more than just survive and 3g didnt come close to killing him. what pushed it over the edge was the off balance kd and 3g's jab. that shlt was a weapon that night.

wilder vs aj is not a mismatch. 2 guys who are defensively neglectful and extreme headhunters.
            ggg didn't come close to killing him....listen to what you are saying. this is the same mentality that i was just talking about. and the knockdown didnt win him the fight since the judges had him winning 7 rounds anyway.

also dont believe compubox please. its trash. jacobs fought a good fight. i ddint se him fighting to win though besides the odd haymaker. ggg had a steady game plan and won it pretty easy. 8-4 or so. jacobs could have won but he would of had to take more risks. even when the fight was slipping away from him, the last 2 rounds he did almost nothing but a good punch at the very end of the round which was far too little to win it. that shows me he was scared of getting ko'd if hes only willing to throw with 5 secons to go in the roudn and really the only reason he connected is because ggg was having it so easy that he let his guard down a bit. you can see after the fight jacobs collapsed from sheer mental exhaustaion. even he probably thought he was going to be kod.

Comment

ggg didn't come close to killing him....listen to what you are saying. this is the same mentality that i was just talking about. and the knockdown didnt win him the fight since the judges had him winning 7 rounds anyway.

also dont believe compubox please. its trash. jacobs fought a good fight. i ddint se him fighting to win though besides the odd haymaker. ggg had a steady game plan and won it pretty easy. 8-4 or so. jacobs could have won but he would of had to take more risks. even when the fight was slipping away from him, the last 2 rounds he did almost nothing but a good punch at the very end of the round which was far too little to win it. that shows me he was scared of getting ko'd if hes only willing to throw with 5 secons to go in the roudn and really the only reason he connected is because ggg was having it so easy that he let his guard down a bit. you can see after the fight jacobs collapsed from sheer mental exhaustaion. even he probably thought he was going to be kod.
              7 rds, minus an extra pt for a kd.....

tada, closer fight.

im saying 3g didnt come close to killing danny because the consensus was that danny was leaving in a body bag (i picked danny to win). its worth noting. EVERYONE who gave danny a chance was a DKSAB h0m0 fan boy.

it was an ho hum fight where both guys played it too safely.

on that note, im looking forward to wilder vs aj 2018.

Comment

7 rds, minus an extra pt for a kd.....

tada, closer fight.

im saying 3g didnt come close to killing danny because the consensus was that danny was leaving in a body bag (i picked danny to win). its worth noting. EVERYONE who gave danny a chance was a DKSAB h0m0 fan boy.

it was an ho hum fight where both guys played it too safely.

on that note, im looking forward to wilder vs aj 2018.
                i think you take boxinscene too seriously. this is a place where some people think a decade has 11 years in it.

Comment

i think you take boxinscene too seriously. this is a place where some people think a decade has 11 years in it.
                  i take people at their word.

of course they can (and do) haha it off, claiming that they were only ''trolling'' people when shlt didnt turn out their way.

3g's fan base is now on a ''hes too old to knock people out'' rant.

Comment

Joshuas defence has looked poor against klitschko and he had a blip against whyte. Outside of that hes actually looked defensively sound.

Wilders defence ALWAYS looks bad. I KNOW joshua can easily get through wilders defence and that when he does the ko will come very quickly.

I dont know if wilder can land anything meaningful before he gets taken out, he usually drops rounds getting peppered before he can land his power even against C level fighters

Comment

Really?

Really really?

But Wilder?

Really??
                      Its really funny, i just dont get his fans. Its like they are blind or something. I think they are just desperately supporting him because hes like the only american HW champ in a while.

Comment

Working...
                      X