No announcement yet.

Why did Duran quit against Leonard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterODisaster View Post
    Just like I can say that Ray lost the first fight because he underestimated duran and completely fought the wrong fight against Duran and that is why he lost. BUT that wouldn't give credit to duran then and he deserved it for winning the first fight. No excuses, Ray lost, Duran won.

The second fight, all excuses aside went how it did because ray's style is all wrong for Duran when he uses his speed and boxes and moves instead of trading with duran flat footed. I hate to say look at 1989, but if Ray was slower and less of himself at the time and still easily beat duran then because of his style just matching up well with durans. A master boxer like Ray Leonard will almost always beat a fighter like Duran as long as he's got a good beard. The speed and constant movement and counter punching while frustrating him Defensively just beats duran, but only a select few had the skills to do it.

Many experts and fans would agree that Leonard made the mistake of fighting mano-y-mano in the first fight, a fight Duran is better at than Leonard. And the same people would agree that a fleet footed Leonard would beat Duran 9/10 times.

It's just that the "No Mas" spoke louder than an inevetible (though debateable) defeat.

Comment

I'm glad to see that not all fans here are excuse makers and blinded by their favorite fighter.

Comment

I'm glad to see that not all fans here are excuse makers and blinded by their favorite fighter.
        Well, I'm a fan of both styles: slick and puncher.

So you gotta love both fighters.

Comment

For the record, I didn't criticize him for it, just used it to show Gixxer that what he was saying was ridiculous.

Duran was a great fighter, I don't deny that, but I can't stand fans that can't admit that their favorite was bettered by another fighter. Excuse after excuse makes the fighter in question just look worse in my opinion, don't tarnish the mans image by creating excuses for his losses, hardly ANY fighter goes through his career undefeated, even the best of the best.

Sugar ray Leonard gave duran a lesson in their rematch, he simply did,end of story, just deal with it.
          sure sure ......wut ever you say.......nothing you say makes duran look bad cause the only fight that matter was the 1st and he won plus hes the only guy to beat srl in his prime no one else did and he fought longer and beat good comp. in higher weight classes at a way older age ........barkley......davey moore....say wut you want about him but this guy is far from a coward

Comment

Originally posted by DA1CATAS View Post
            Because Arcelino Freitas needed someone to look up too.
            I HOPE THAT AINT YOU IN THE PIC.................................CRACKHEAD

Comment

Oh Yea I Dont Care If He Lost The Second Fight Cuz Srl Was Getting On My Nerves With His Running..........i Cant Stand Runners But He Got Him Frustrated And Duran Quit He Won......like I Said He Did Catch Duran Off Guard

Comment

You are a joke and the fact that you posted here again after Im pointed out just how stupid your arguement was is amazing!!!

What an idiot you are Gixxer, the only fight thatmattered was the first one...of course, because that was the one that the fighter you defended won out of the 3 fights right....dumbass!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So we'll go with your longevity theory, wait for this....oh yeah, even though you said Duran was better than Leonard when they were older, Leonard spanked him AGAIN in 1989 douche rag....LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! WTF are you trying to say here, you have been shown to be a complete moron with all of your statements and a complete and utter Duran nutsucker, and your stupid ****ing theories are shown to be what they are....******ED!!!!

I'm sick of this garbage, Gixxen is ******ed, i'm done with you, you are a waste of time nut licker.

Pretty much any outside observer has a decent take on who is the better fighter and why, but moron's like Gixxen just show how bad certain fighters nut lickers can be!!!

Comment

I dont know anything about a full stomach. All I saw was Duran getting clowned in there and couldnt touch SRL. I hated SRL back then so NO I wasnt a fan.

Comment

Working...
                  X