Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kelly Pavlik, Five Years Later, Has Zero Career Regrets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kelly Pavlik, Five Years Later, Has Zero Career Regrets

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Kelly Pavlik makes it perfectly clear. Though his career doesn't always get plaudits and non-boxing issues tend to obscure a championship resume, he's got zero problems sleeping at night five years after throwing his last punch. "I had a stellar career," Pavlik said. "I was 40-2. I lost to two all-time greats. People say Kelly's demons...
    [Click Here To Read More]

This dude had it all, sad that he pissed it away. In the ring with big names, only if he could've kept it together.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      he said. “I take vacations. I go anywhere I want.
      Like that time you disappeared in Vegas and your wife had to send relatives to find you?

Comment

Amazing career. As for how it ended, he should have just waited to heal up and fought the Martinez-Williams winner at 160. If he trained like his prime he would have beaten Martinez in my opinion. He was the best middleweight of that era, it's just Hopkins was way too big for him. That was a dumb move, but you have to appreciate fighters who dare to be great. And who knows, maybe with drug testing, Pavlik would have beaten Hopkins anyway, despite the size difference. I highly doubt Hopkins stayed a two belt champion fighting into his late 40's two divisions above where he spent most of his career without a little help, and if that's true then he probably had that help all along, or at least since losing to Roy and realizing he needed it. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
          Amazing career. As for how it ended, he should have just waited to heal up and fought the Martinez-Williams winner at 160. If he trained like his prime he would have beaten Martinez in my opinion. He was the best middleweight of that era, it's just Hopkins was way too big for him. That was a dumb move, but you have to appreciate fighters who dare to be great. And who knows, maybe with drug testing, Pavlik would have beaten Hopkins anyway, despite the size difference. I highly doubt Hopkins stayed a two belt champion fighting into his late 40's two divisions above where he spent most of his career without a little help, and if that's true then he probably had that help all along, or at least since losing to Roy and realizing he needed it. Just my opinion.

good god

that stuff that somehow appears in your head, and unfortunately often ends up in print..... where does it come from?

Comment

Should have retired before the Hopkins fight. Hopkins literally took this poor mans soul.

Comment

We have a new middleweight champion, and hes from youngstown ohio!!!

Comment

He made his money and retired...HIS WORDS yet people still insist on saying he quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                  I would have to rewatch the fight but I don't remember thinking the outcome had anything to do with how big Hopkins was. He didn't bulldoze him or anything, he'd circle to pavliks left and keep out of range of that big right, negating Kelly's biggest asset, and boxed his ears off all fight.
                  That's how I remember it going anyhow.

Comment

I actually preferred the Edison Miranda fight to the Taylor fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X