Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is "Give me 50 Mill and I'll sign tomorrow" the new WBC in the trash can meme?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
    Look, we dont jave to like it but thats the way the business goes. Wilder has the larger blame simply due to being the B Side? Why? Because the hardest part of being the B Side is getting the chance and getting the offer. At the end of the day, no matter the offee, the B side takes the money or gets replaced. Wilder got AJ to say yes. Low balling aside, Aj presented a contract and it wasn’t signed and he was replaced within a day. The A Side keeps moving with or without you.

It sucks but that’s the world we live in. B sides shouldnt be so short sighted..you dont make all the money on your first A Side fight... you make more after you win. History shows that.

Wilder came in with a losing mentality but it might not be too late so long as he doesnt lose. Wilder may be able to get a better offer.
    That's a very good analysis of the situation!
    Last edited by kafkod; 08-08-2018, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
      Canelo thought like that, too. He eventually had to succumb to the criticism and make the B side a reasonable offer
      Jeez mate, you must have come down with a severe case of either Wilder "fanboyism" or irrational anti-Brit "haterism" to be making a dumb comparison like that!

AJ vs Wilder is a classic example of clear A side/B side distinction.

GGG vs Canelo is a unique example of A side power being undermined by a perfect storm of adverse circumstances - adverse for the A side, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        Jeez mate, you must have come down with a severe case of either Wilder "fanboyism" or irrational anti-Brit "haterism" to be making a dumb comparison like that!

AJ vs Wilder is a classic example of clear A side/B side distinction.

GGG vs Canelo is a unique example of A side power being undermined by a perfect storm of adverse circumstances - adverse for the A side, that is.
        Care to explain? A side makes a bluff (Canelo: I'll fight right now. AJ: give me $50m). A side offers flat fee (Canelo:$10m, then $15m. AJ: $15m) A side ducks (Canelo: vacated WBC. AJ: "you train and fight Wilder ") A side receives criticism for said duck. A side (Canelo) finally makes a viable offer and the fight proceeds. Frankly, I don't see any difference at all

Comment

I think Joshuas career is going just fine pal

Comment

Care to explain? A side makes a bluff (Canelo: I'll fight right now. AJ: give me $50m). A side offers flat fee (Canelo:$10m, then $15m. AJ: $15m) A side ducks (Canelo: vacated WBC. AJ: "you train and fight Wilder ") A side receives criticism for said duck. A side (Canelo) finally makes a viable offer and the fight proceeds. Frankly, I don't see any difference at all
            Really? Are you serious?

You really think that Canelo making formal promises to the WBC, multiple statements to reporters, and talking mad, macho **** in front of his fans - "Feel my balls Abel! Give him some gloves ... I'll fight him right now!" - then being forced to hand his WBC belt directly over to GGG without a fight ... that all of that equates to AJ making some off the cuff comment to a heckler which could have meant anything and which wasn't even picked up on by most people - including me?

And why didn't you mention the fact that GGG and Canelo already had one fight, which ended in a contraversial draw, with 80% of impartial observers thinking GGG got robbed, and Canelo getting booed in the ring by his own fans?

You don't think that mattered at all?

Why didn't you mention the fact that terms for the rematch were agreed and contracts signed, then Canelo failed 2 PED tests, which led to the fight being cancelled and GGG being stripped of one of his world title belts?

That didn't matter either?

Or the fact that GGG was offered a flat fee to fight Canelo in a years time, while Wilder was offered $15milliion to fight AJ next?

And please don't come back saying the contract had no date because Hearn was trying to trick Wilder into signing to fight AJ next April.

That's a preposterous idea which only a bone-headed buffoon would even consider.
            Last edited by kafkod; 08-08-2018, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThelronMike View Post
              Joshua must understand that this isn't going away. His s̶l̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ manager, Hearn, told him not to accept $50 mill.
              Joshua has himself to blame. As Hearn says, they are his "clients" and he has to do a job for them and do what they ask. Like when Hearn said Bellew told him to make the Usyk fight, so he has to.

Golden Boy didn't want Canelo to take the Lara fight but he demanded it because the fighter is the boss unless they hide behind a promoter.

No doubt Matchroom are advising AJ not to take it, but if AJ really wanted the fight, the $50m offer he asked would've been accepted.

Comment

Really? Are you serious?

You really think that Canelo making formal promises to the WBC, multiple statements to reporters, and talking mad, macho **** in front of his fans - "Feel my balls Abel! Give him some gloves ... I'll fight him right now!" - then being forced to hand his WBC belt directly over to GGG without a fight ... that all of that equates to AJ making some off the cuff comment to a heckler which could have meant anything and which wasn't even picked up on by most people - including me?

And why didn't you mention the fact that GGG and Canelo already had one fight, which ended in a contraversial draw, with 80% of impartial observers thinking GGG got robbed, and Canelo getting booed in the ring by his own fans?

You don't think that mattered at all?

Why didn't you mention the fact that terms for the rematch were agreed and contracts signed, then Canelo failed 2 PED tests, which led to the fight being cancelled and GGG being stripped of one of his world title belts?

That didn't matter either?

Or the fact that GGG was offered a flat fee to fight Canelo in a years time, while Wilder was offered $15milliion to fight AJ next?

And please don't come back saying the contract had no date because Hearn was trying to trick Wilder into signing to fight AJ next April.

That's a preposterous idea which only a bone-headed buffoon would even consider.
                Most of this is irrelevant to the conversation since I'm comparing thefirst fight between the two to this AJ/Wilder situation. So, the controversy, failed tests, and such play no part, since they had already come to th agreement I alluded to earlier.

And yes, I do equate Canelo saying I'll fight him right now, to AJ saying give me $50m. I don't believe in "Of the cuff" remarks. You either say what you mean, or you dont speak.

You mention that AJstatement could mean anything. Care to give an example of what "give me $50m and I'll sign tomorrow " What, beside I will fight Deontay Wilder, could that possibly mean?

And lastly, please, spare me the insults. I get enough of that from other posters

Comment

Most of this is irrelevant to the conversation since I'm comparing thefirst fight between the two to this AJ/Wilder situation. So, the controversy, failed tests, and such play no part, since they had already come to th agreement I alluded to earlier.

And yes, I do equate Canelo saying I'll fight him right now, to AJ saying give me $50m. I don't believe in "Of the cuff" remarks. You either say what you mean, or you dont speak.

You mention that AJstatement could mean anything. Care to give an example of what "give me $50m and I'll sign tomorrow " What, beside I will fight Deontay Wilder, could that possibly mean?

And lastly, please, spare me the insults. I get enough of that from other posters
                  The first GGG/Canelo fight happened after Canelo had been publically humiliated by breaking promises to the WBC, to GGG and to his own fans by handing his belt over to Golovkin without a fight, leaving GGG with 3 championship belts and Canelo with none.

Nothing remotely like that happened between AJ and Wilder.

AJ did not say, "Give me $50million and I will fight Wilder in the US."

Wilder did say, "I have told Joshua I accept his terms and I will fight him in the UK"

Shelly Finkel did say, "I have told Eddie Hearn we accept his terms to fight AJ in the UK, and I have asked him to send us a contract."

It turned out they were bluffing. Hearn called their bluff and they folded then went straight back to talking about $50million doe ... as if it had never happened.

Comment

The first GGG/Canelo fight happened after Canelo had been publically humiliated by breaking promises to the WBC, to GGG and to his own fans by handing his belt over to Golovkin without a fight, leaving GGG with 3 championship belts and Canelo with none.

Nothing remotely like that happened between AJ and Wilder.

AJ did not say, "Give me $50million and I will fight Wilder in the US."

Wilder did say, "I have told Joshua I accept his terms and I will fight him in the UK"

Shelly Finkel did say, "I have told Eddie Hearn we accept his terms to fight AJ in the UK, and I have asked him to send us a contract."

It turned out they were bluffing. Hearn called their bluff and they folded then went straight back to talking about $50million doe ... as if it had never happened.
                    Before we go any further, we need to clear something up. Why were they even talking about $50m in the first place?

Comment

Before we go any further, we need to clear something up. Why were they even talking about $50m in the first place?
                      A better question would be .. why did they go back to talking about it after AJ had made it clear that he wasn't fighting Wilder in the States, and they had accepted a counter offer to fight him in the UK?

Where they ever really trying to make the fight this year? Or has this whole charade been about mutual avoidance with each side trying to put the blame on the other?
                      Last edited by kafkod; 08-08-2018, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X