Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is "Give me 50 Mill and I'll sign tomorrow" the new WBC in the trash can meme?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    No idea who you are talking about here, but if Johnson was the A side, he would have expected the fight to be wherever he wanted it to be. That's how this shit works.
    That's not true. AJ was responding to claims the fight was worth $100 million in the US. AJ said if that's really true, give me $50 million and I'll sign tomorrow. There was never any talk of the fight being worth $100 million in the UK. AJ's $50 million demand was specifically in response to a fight in the US.

A-sides have always fought in other countries if that's where the bigger money was.

Comment

No idea who you are talking about here, but if Johnson was the A side, he would have expected the fight to be wherever he wanted it to be. That's how this shit works.
      You're obviously unfamiliar with the situation. The whole "$50m" came about because Hearn said the fight wouldn't do that much in UK. Haymon and Wilders team said it would do $100m in US. That's when Johnson said if it's a $100m fight, then give me $50m and I'll sign tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        There's never been an A-side before demanding that both sides make so much less so the A-side can have a hometown ref.
        You obviously never heard of Andre Ward.

Fights are supposed to be held where they generate the most money. Which is often the A-sides turf, but not always.

Canelo-GGG isn't taking place in Mexico. If Canelo demanded that the fight take place in Mexico, causing both fighters to make tens of millions of dollars less than they could make in the US, GGG would rightly balk.
        Trust me, if Canelo could make as much money fighting in Mexico as AJ makes in the UK, he wouldn't be going to Vegas. And FYI, Golovkin is on record saying that he would love to fight Canelo in Mexico City.

AJ's demand to do the fight in the UK, when it's worth over twice as much in the US, is completely outrageous. Unprecedented in the history of boxing.
        Bullshit. Ward turned down fights with Stevenson and Bute in Montreal, and he also turned down career high offers to rematch Kessler in Denmark and Froch in the UK. I didn't hear many US fans crying about that.

Comment

When did Andre Ward take $15 million less to fight at home?

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
            You're obviously unfamiliar with the situation. The whole "$50m" came about because Hearn said the fight wouldn't do that much in UK. Haymon and Wilders team said it would do $100m in US. That's when Johnson said if it's a $100m fight, then give me $50m and I'll sign tomorrow.
            Who the fck is Johnson?

Comment

Who the fck is Johnson?
              That dude that's scared of Wilder. The one that said give me $50m and I'll sign tomorrow. The one that said I'm not selling my soul for $50m. The one who said you train and fight Wilder.

That Johnson

Comment

There's never been an A-side before demanding that both sides make so much less so the A-side can have a hometown ref.

Fights are supposed to be held where they generate the most money. Which is often the A-sides turf, but not always.

Canelo-GGG isn't taking place in Mexico. If Canelo demanded that the fight take place in Mexico, causing both fighters to make tens of millions of dollars less than they could make in the US, GGG would rightly balk.

AJ's demand to do the fight in the UK, when it's worth over twice as much in the US, is completely outrageous. Unprecedented in the history of boxing.

Well...Mexico is a third world country and thr UK isnt and is doing amazingly with their boxing. There’s also ZERO evidence the fight is worth even half as much here in the US than the UK. Someone offering 50mil doesnt mean its that valuable or has any interest in the US. US Hw boxing hasnt proved that in over a decade, and Wilder hadnt changed that. If Wilder was Joshua’s equivalent in the U.S it’d be one thing...

That’s alll fantasy speculation using the most unrealistic expectations.
                Last edited by NearHypnos; 08-07-2018, 11:08 PM.

Comment

That's not true. AJ was responding to claims the fight was worth $100 million in the US. AJ said if that's really true, give me $50 million and I'll sign tomorrow. There was never any talk of the fight being worth $100 million in the UK. AJ's $50 million demand was specifically in response to a fight in the US.
                  AJ never said, "Give me $50million and I'll fight you in the US"

Try and get your head around this: Anthony Joshua made over $60million from his last 3 fights, plus lord knows how much on top of that from sponsorships and advertising. He stands to make at least as much again - and probably a lot more - from his next 3 fights.

How much money does one man need before earning as much money as possible, as quickly as possible, ceases to be his No1 priority?

A-sides have always fought in other countries if that's where the bigger money was.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                    Well...Mexico is a third world country and thr UK isnt and is doing amazingly with their boxing.
                    Doesn't change the fact that in the entire history of boxing, a fighter has never taken 15 million less to have a hometown ref.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                      It’s too bad AJ is going to waddle in self pity and regret due to missing out on money he can never ever make.

Oh wait....

Both these guys are to blame but the reason Wilder gets more is because he could have swallowed his pride as the B side and made the fight happen. He didn’t. Aj threw out a number that seemed astronomically out of reach for Wilder just to talk s hit. It was basically a “when pigs fly will I fight Wilder in the US” but Wilder went “i got a winged pig right here!”

Both to blame but at the end of the day, the A side doesnt beg and it sucks for us fans when there’s such an earning and support discrepency between the two best fighters.

Aj is a piece of s hit for lowballing and Wilder is a clown for thinking he has leverage. They’re both delusional and living in a david haye like dream.
                      What else did you want Wilder to do?

$50mill
                      Fight in England

"Both are to blame" - Load of BS to not put the blame on the real one, which is AJ's side only. Wilder did everything that was asked.

Comment

Working...
                      X