No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence vs. Danny Garcia Tabbed as Mandatory By WBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by etech1 View Post
    After so many cherries, and holding the belt hostage for...... 3 years(?) he had to fight Thurman. After he lost to Thurman, he was forced to fight porter if he wanted his belt back.

Don't get me wrong, I do give him some credit for his compition of late, but he completely lost me as a fan, with his title run.
    I understand. Problem is that garcia is managed by haymon. His fighter pledge and allegiance to him. Mainly because he pays so well and gets them big opportunities in exchange for following his orders. Danny just fights who haymon tells to.

Is it Danny’s or haymons fault.

If he fights Spence that will be a tough challenge for Danny. Watch that fight and focus on how Danny does. I think you will be surprised how well he does.

He may very well lose but he will make bloody hell for Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
      C'mon bro. Surely you don't believe Arum was gonna open his books to Haymon and put that much money (plus incentives) in Danny's pockets,.

Surely you're a smarter boxing fan than that. Hopefully.

Which of Bud's opponents has ever made $5M? I'll do you one better....when has Bud himself ever made $5M in a fight?

I'll wait......
      It's quite obvious you don't understand the business side of boxing. Arum was willing to offer Danny those dollars fully aware and knowingly, T Crawford would make Danny look amateur as T Crawford would TKO Danny resulting in future PBC business/client losses, Top Rank gains. With your knowledge, you should understand this, Angel Garcia surely does, he's keeping Danny far away from T Crawford.

Comment

Nothing against Danny G but he lost to Porter who lost to spence and has done what exactly since to get straight in to a mando spot over other fighters?

It's about time the WBC went **** up and left this sport, they can't even be bothered to hide their corruption and biased favouritism any more.

Comment

I mean do we even know if Spence is going to fight any time soon?

Anyways, this mandatory wasn't necessary since the fight was happening regardless.

Comment

If they fight in New York it’s gonna do big numbers

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
              That's what I said! And somehow he's always ranked as a top 5 ww. His best win was Guerrero who lost to a literal cab driver his next fight.

I don't get how he got to become Mando when he just lost to Porter last year. Makes no sense. Stop recycling these fighters. Crawford should drop the wbo and try become the ibf or wbc Mando.
              DSG has one of the best resume in boxing & was in close fights with Keith & shawn & K.O.'s his opponents to get back in line. Stop hating on a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by etech1 View Post
                I hope dg gets KTFO. And thank you again to Thurman for stopping his cherry picking.
                We are NOT talking about golovkin.

Comment

Danny is a tough fight for anyone and he'll make it a very tough night for Spence without question.

Spence has to be careful not to get caught with those counters that Garcia launches out to the head and body.

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
                    ————
                    Danny got beat by Thurman and Potter. He also got two gift decisions and somehow he is going to beat Spence?
                    Okaaay
                    He got ONE "gift."

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                      He got ONE "gift."
                      Yeah I don't think he'll be fighting in Puerto Rico anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X