Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lubin: I Could Have Kept Fighting, It's Just a Minor Setback

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lubin: I Could Have Kept Fighting, It's Just a Minor Setback

All three champions defended their titles Saturday night in different fashions. The highlight was Jermell Charlo's first-round knockout of Erickson Lubin. Or maybe it was Jarrett Hurd's action-packed win over Austin Trout. It certainly wasn't Erislandy Lara's unanimous decision over Terrell Gausha. Lara schooled Gausha for most of their 12-round WBA welterweight title fight, outpointing the 2012 U.S. Olympian to close out the triple-championship card.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I love the Charlo's but once you knock a guy out it doesn't look right to still be gloating. Lubin nor J-Rock didn't really talk real crap, just said stuff to build the fight and Mello and Marlo took it personal.

Comment

Erickson Lubin, you looked like a one-armed paraplegic, trying to swim out of a big bowl of syrup.

Comment

Originally posted by WıLL View Post
        Erickson Lubin, you looked like a one-armed paraplegic, trying to swim out of a big bowl of syrup.
        Cruel description, but absolutely true. In spite of all words, a knockout loss like this can ruin a fighter's psyche.

Comment

Originally posted by WıLL View Post
          I thought he was doing the nene on the floor with the stanky leg

Comment

Originally posted by WhatDisButtonDo View Post
            I love the Charlo's but once you knock a guy out it doesn't look right to still be gloating. Lubin nor J-Rock didn't really talk real crap, just said stuff to build the fight and Mello and Marlo took it personal.
            Seems like they're fighting against the entire world every time.

Comment

That shot didn’t look like on the chin. Looked like it hit his neck to me, Lublin leaned into it coukdnt get up. I’ll have to watch it again.

Both Charlo are too big and strong for 154.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatDisButtonDo View Post
                Once you start "building up a fight" anything a guy comes back at you with is fair play. Or when they come up with it in the Charlo's cases.

I would compare it to freedom of speech. You can say anything you wanna say, but I may after hearing you say whatever might decde I wanna boycott your grocery store.

Everyone don't see fight promotion the same way and sometimes using your freedom of speech can change a dynamic between two people or between one person and the entity operated by the other guy.

Comment

We know. What KO? He never touched me.

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                    That shot didn’t look like on the chin. Looked like it hit his neck to me, Lublin leaned into it coukdnt get up. I’ll have to watch it again.
                    Lubin ran right into it, thus doubling the blow's impact. A bit like Pacquiao when he was KOd by Marquez.

Comment

Working...
                    X