Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs. Antonio Margarito (with plaster) May 3, 2008 - who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
    Neither one is blazing fast, but for what its worth Maidana is definitely faster than Margarito. I have a hard time thinking of anyone slower that I've seen recently in hand or foot speed.
    Yeah, you may be right. But, I stand by my point

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      First of all, thinking Floyd would beat Marg in no way makes one an idol. In fact Floyd would have been a heavy favorite.

Second, you'd have to be a complete idiot to think that the Floyd who fought Maidana was the same as Floyd from 2006.

Third, Floyd beat Maidana both times.
      Well, you and floyd have different opinions on the matter. I think the termed "ducked" is the most overused word in net boxing discussions--but, Floyd ducked Margarito. But, his fans act like Floyd didnt. Or they avoid the topic and say "Floyd beats him!"... Yet Floyd never wanted the fight. Cowardice.

I think Tony would have rough housed Floyd to a win. He doesn't handle that kind pressure well. And, he often avoids pressure guys (and speed guys, and on and on). For the record I was a big huge Floyd fan before his "retirement". I've trained along side him (just the same gym). And met him a few times. I was a big fan, but I can't forgive his cowardice and excuses

Comment

Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post
        no way in hell fraud jr fights marg on 2008.
        Well yea cause it was 7 years ago so kinda hard to make it happen

Comment

Lol at posters saying that Margarito is a "bad style matchup for Floyd". What is it exactly you look at when watching a boxing fight? How can you not know that someone like Margarito is tailor made for Floyd. He has incredibly slow hands and feet. Those are literally the worst 2 attributes you can have against Floyd. Thats how he white washed Canelo so easily, and Coralles and Baldomir. "He keeps coming forward doe!" Lmao!
          Last edited by fighter1234; 03-21-2015, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fighter1234 View Post
            Lol at posters saying that Margarito is a "bad style matchup for Floyd". What is it exactly you look at when watching a boxing fight? How can you not know that someone like Margarito is tailor made for Floyd. He has incredibly slow hands and feet. Those are literally the worst 2 attributes you can have against Floyd. Thats how he white washed Canelo so easily, and Coralles and Baldomir. "He keeps coming forward doe!" Lmao!
            According to your logic, Pacquiao would've beaten a past-it Margs without taking punishment.

But somehow Mayweather is going to outbox prime Plasterito with no adversity... gtfoh flowmo. Margarito ruins Mayroider.

Comment

Originally posted by mneronava2k View Post
              Well, you and floyd have different opinions on the matter. I think the termed "ducked" is the most overused word in net boxing discussions--but, Floyd ducked Margarito. But, his fans act like Floyd didnt. Or they avoid the topic and say "Floyd beats him!"... Yet Floyd never wanted the fight. Cowardice.

I think Tony would have rough housed Floyd to a win. He doesn't handle that kind pressure well. And, he often avoids pressure guys (and speed guys, and on and on). For the record I was a big huge Floyd fan before his "retirement". I've trained along side him (just the same gym). And met him a few times. I was a big fan, but I can't forgive his cowardice and excuses
              The thread question was "who would win", not "why didn't they fight".

It looks as if he did duck Marg and I don't like it. Floyd can't handle a loss and personally I think it has something to do with his OCD. At least his personal assistant wrote a book saying he has OCD.

However, why I think Floyd didn't fight him and who I think I would've won are two very different questions. And the notion that Floyd avoids pressure fighters is nonsense.

Marg had a great chin and stamina. That's about it. His power is highly questionable because of the plaster issue. Floyd had way better handspeed, boxing ability, footwork, defense, ring intelligence, lateral movement. Not to mention Floyd had great stamina himself. Sorry if I think all of that is enough to beat a slow plodder with no defense.
              Last edited by Derranged; 03-21-2015, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Tony would have both smashed Floyd to pieces that night. Throw Manny in afterwards and he'd have have killed him too.

Comment

WHY IS THIS BROUGHT UP LIKE EVERY WEEK THO?

Comment

Working...
                  X