No announcement yet.

First 100% spar tomorrow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First 100% spar tomorrow

im going to have my first 100% spar tomorrow at another gym. The downside is ive only been boxing 5 weeks now. The problem is my stamina i"ve been running for the past week now and have improved my 2.5 mile run by 5 minutes the first time i ran it was aruond 32 minutes and tonight it was 27 minutes. The problem is that my punching stamina isnt all that great im a power hitter so the shots that i miss really screw with my stamina. I guess im just nervous but i could use some good advice from an EXPERIENCED fighter please give me some tips it would really help. also ill try to get it on here to give everyone a good laugh!!!

what do u mean 100%? you raelly shouldnt be going all out trying to knock the guy out...atleast i never did...

dont even worry about ur stamina and endurance when you spar...

when it was rest, i used to be tired as hell and have cramps everywhere...one the bell rang, it was all gone...its the adrenaline i guess

Comment

yea i dont get the 100% spar either but thats what my trainer was telling me and ive been there before and seen people in action and they go at it so we'll just have to see

Comment

if you're worried about your stamina just be patient and pick your shots. if you've only been boxing for a few weeks they arent going to put you in with anyone spectacular. wait for them to give u the chance and land heavy if thats your style

Comment

Originally posted by jwgillen19 View Post
          im going to have my first 100% spar tomorrow at another gym. The downside is ive only been boxing 5 weeks now. The problem is my stamina i"ve been running for the past week now and have improved my 2.5 mile run by 5 minutes the first time i ran it was aruond 32 minutes and tonight it was 27 minutes. The problem is that my punching stamina isnt all that great im a power hitter so the shots that i miss really screw with my stamina. I guess im just nervous but i could use some good advice from an EXPERIENCED fighter please give me some tips it would really help. also ill try to get it on here to give everyone a good laugh!!!

What about the ring drills? If you don't know how to defend yourself you will get your head punched in, and it won't matter a damn how fit you are. Responsible trainers do not allow their boys to engage in hard sparring until they can prove they are not easy to hit.

Comment

well my trainer says i have the skills and im good on my feet so i dont even care anymore im just ready to box someone and if i get beat oh well im not gunna go out without a fight and im gunna make my presence known. as you can tell im pumped up.

Comment

Working...
            X