Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Floyd Mayweather Stay Retired OR Fight Again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Floyd Mayweather Stay Retired OR Fight Again?

Some have said that Floyd's retirement is great for boxing, citing various reasons such as a disliking for his fighting style, his polarising persona and his apparent reluctance to face his key threats when they're at their best.

Others are dismayed by his alleged departure from the sport and hope for his return at some point in the near future.

Where do you stand on the issue...

Should Mayweather stay permanently retired, never to return?

Or

Should Mayweather return to the ring and fight once again?

Poll added.
    Mayweather should STAY RETIRED PERMANENTLY
    60.87%
    Mayweather should FIGHT AGAIN IN THE FUTURE
    39.13%
    Last edited by FlatLine; 02-25-2016, 08:14 AM.

He thinks he can beat GGG at 155, so its a no brainer of course he should fight again. If Floyd don't think he can beat GGG, don't fight fight him. If Floyd can live with being cosidered an underdog and that doesn't bother him, in losing a fantasy fight with ggg then there is no reason to fight GGG.

On the other hand if he is happy with what he's achieved and can't do no more he's reached his full pootedntial he's within his rights to call it a day. Most boxers would be happy with what Floyd's done.

If he wants to be TBE people won't buy that though. If that bothers floyd , Floyd must go with his instincts
    Last edited by hugh grant; 02-25-2016, 08:31 AM.

Comment

ANOTHER Floyd thread................... with the usual dudes in it.....................

*yawn*

Comment

Stay retired.

He beat everyone that mattered, he turns 40 within a year and his legacy is already secure.

Comment

Floyd needs to stay retired.

If he does come back, he better do it now. He's only getting older by the day.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            Stay retired.

He beat everyone that mattered, he turns 40 within a year and his legacy is already secure.
            Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
            Floyd needs to stay retired.

If he does come back, he better do it now. He's only getting older by the day.
            What they said.

Manny & Miguel should follow soon. I'm loving all the fresh faces rising in the sport and would rather watch them grow.

Comment

The biggest prize in the sport is being the 1st to defeat Floyd. Fans care more about that than they do the HWT title.

As long as Floyd is "retired" fans will talk alot about guys possibly facing him. Rather than hover over the sport, I'd prefer if he just "unretired" and fought the Bradley/Manny winner and then the Canelo/GGG winner and then truly retire..

Comment

He's be stupid to wait much longer if he wants to fight. And moving up to middleweight might not be a good idea but if he does, I won't object.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  The biggest prize in the sport is being the 1st to defeat Floyd. Fans care more about that than they do the HWT title.

As long as Floyd is "retired" fans will talk alot about guys possibly facing him. Rather than hover over the sport, I'd prefer if he just "unretired" and fought the Bradley/Manny winner and then the Canelo/GGG winner and then truly retire..
                  There will never be a truly retire. Proof of this is the fact that he's already beaten half the fighters you mentioned he should come back for and you only listed four guys lol. There will always be someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    There will never be a truly retire. Proof of this is the fact that he's already beaten half the fighters you mentioned he should come back for and you only listed four guys lol. There will always be someone else.
                    True. But you know I keep thinking (maybe hoping is a better word) that he returns. I just love watching people get so worked into a frenzy when they believe they finally found THE guy to beat Floyd and then the excuse making that begins like round 9.

Comment

Working...
                    X