No announcement yet.

59 kg, 5 ft 9 in. nearly 19 y/o

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 59 kg, 5 ft 9 in. nearly 19 y/o

Am I screwed? I need to put mass on. My arms are bigger than my core. I have abs and decent arms as well as a solid chest but I need to get a lot bigger, mainly my core.

I have been eating a calorie surplus for a couple of months. What's best?

Thank you in advance.

Seems to be on course to me. Don't worry about it, if anything you want to be keeping your weight down. Unless you feel far stronger/faster at a higher weight. But don't be pushing yourself to be a weight you aren't naturally.

Train hard, eat well and you'll find your natural weight. Could be that you're already there.
    Your height for the weight isn't bad at all, probably right around average. You'll fight people taller, you'll also fight people shorter. Learn to beat both and you'll be laughing.

Once you start pushing into weight classes above your natural weight. You will really start to feel a difference. People in higher weight classes are different animals, they hit harder than anyone you've fought... but with less effort. You'll either need to be far more skilled or far more talented. Or both.

Anyway, you're young enough to grow naturally into weight classes, don't push something that has no benefit to you as of yet. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by JayID View Post
      Seems to be on course to me. Don't worry about it, if anything you want to be keeping your weight down. Unless you feel far stronger/faster at a higher weight. But don't be pushing yourself to be a weight you aren't naturally.

Train hard, eat well and you'll find your natural weight. Could be that you're already there.
      Your height for the weight isn't bad at all, probably right around average. You'll fight people taller, you'll also fight people shorter. Learn to beat both and you'll be laughing.

Once you start pushing into weight classes above your natural weight. You will really start to feel a difference. People in higher weight classes are different animals, they hit harder than anyone you've fought... but with less effort. You'll either need to be far more skilled or far more talented. Or both.

Anyway, you're young enough to grow naturally into weight classes, don't push something that has no benefit to you as of yet. Good luck
      Thank you very much for all that advice, it is definitely reassuring. I used to be like 70 odd kg but I was overweight so I cut down and trained, eating a lot cleaner as well. It was only last August when I decided to cut. Maybe I'm deluded in thinking I can put a load of muscle on to get back to that weight but in reality, as I get older, I can't see myself reaching more than 10 stone.

Comment

Post a picture. Let’s see what you mean. Normally for boxing, you want to keep your weight down

Comment

Originally posted by Eastbound View Post
          Post a picture. Let’s see what you mean. Normally for boxing, you want to keep your weight down
          http://i67.tinypic.com/k2zr5v.jpg

Comment

Comment

I'd say your pretty close to a good fighting weight. You look to be in good shape with a boxers physique already. Your core will not get bigger unless you put on fat and you don't want that. Keep exercising and eating healthy. I'd either stay at that weight or try to drop some. I would not try to bulk up for boxing. remember you will be fighting people that are the same weight as you.

Comment

I'd say your pretty close to a good fighting weight. You look to be in good shape with a boxers physique already. Your core will not get bigger unless you put on fat and you don't want that. Keep exercising and eating healthy. I'd either stay at that weight or try to drop some. I would not try to bulk up for boxing. remember you will be fighting people that are the same weight as you.
                Yeah, true. It could be a risky move to fight an uncomfortable weight. I can hit quite hard and feel comfortable right now for my weight. You are probably right. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

starts with your legs. ends there too. if you want to put on weigh you should be training your legs more than once a week and trying to get stronger, IE adding weight each week if you can.

as others said, you don't relaly "build" your core, you condition it. you absolutely build your legs, back, chest, shoulders, etc, at your age that will not be hard with the right workout and diet.

are you boxing? if you are boxing i wouldn't focus on putting on weight at all unless you feel like there's something specific you need to address, like wilder's chicken legs, usyk not being strong enough to wrestle with HW, etc.

Comment

When I am at the gym I often hear people complain that they are not happy with their body. I think this is all in their head... But if you are so concerned about your body, in this day and age you can easily gain muscle mass with steroids. Personally, I've been thin for a long time, I can't gain any more weight but I use INJECTIONS STEROIDS to build the muscles I lack.

Comment

Working...
                    X