Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Stand Behind Diaz in Aftermath of Canelo's Claim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never good to do things over social media

It is no joy in seeing this, hopefully things get worked out and they all get back on the same page

Comment

Somewhere and someplace there was a break down in communication. Alvarez speaks as if he didn't know about his mandatory defense was pending with the IBF until July 15.

IMHO, they are all to blame for this fiasco. This is what they get for trying to avoid voluntary challengers like Gennady Golovkin. They had 30 days to request a voluntary defense of that IBF title but allowed it to lapse.

There is no excuse for a promotional company to not know when their clients next mandatory defense is due. That is a dereliction of duty if one were to ask me.

Ultimately, the buck stops with Oscar De la Hoya since he is the owner of Golden Boy Promotions. Perhaps if he spent more time promoting his fighters and less time doing that coke, then none of this would have never happened.

Comment

Wow this is getting ugly. Are we watching Canelo and GBP break up over twitter? lol

Comment

The house of cards is falling apart mostly because Canelo for some bizarre reason won't rematch Golovkin. A guy he and his fans claim was beaten to a pulp by the Golden Child. He's got an incredible contract with DAZN and he doesn't want to do right by them and get this fight over. Karma is a *****..

Comment

2019 is officially been the best year in boxing ever! From classic fights, to historic upsets and tragedy’s that sobered fans and fighters on how dangerous boxing is and then the fiascos!

All this drama this year and great fights, how is boxing still considered a marginal sport?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              The house of cards is falling apart mostly because Canelo for some bizarre reason won't rematch Golovkin. A guy he and his fans claim was beaten to a pulp by the Golden Child. He's got an incredible contract with DAZN and he doesn't want to do right by them and get this fight over. Karma is a *****..
              Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
              Somewhere and someplace there was a break down in communication. Alvarez speaks as if he didn't know about his mandatory defense was pending with the IBF until July 15.

IMHO, they are all to blame for this fiasco. This is what they get for trying to avoid voluntary challengers like Gennady Golovkin. They had 30 days to request a voluntary defense of that IBF title but allowed it to lapse.

There is no excuse for a promotional company to not know when their clients next mandatory defense is due. That is a dereliction of duty if one were to ask me.

Ultimately, the buck stops with Oscar De la Hoya since he is the owner of Golden Boy Promotions. Perhaps if he spent more time promoting his fighters and less time doing that coke, then none of this would have never happened.
              Did y'all hear why he didn't want to fight GGG this year? The story was written today do I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you haven't heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Did y'all hear why he didn't want to fight GGG this year? The story was written today do I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you haven't heard.
                What story. Unless it says I was lucky to escape with a win and Golovkin needs to age more before he's ready for a rematch then it's BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  No, I haven't heard why; Because Triple G didn't have a title belt?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                    What story. Unless it says I was lucky to escape with a win and Golovkin needs to age more before he's ready for a rematch then it's BS.
                    Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    No, I haven't heard why; Because Triple G didn't have a title belt?
                    Golden Boy promised DAZN that Canelo would fight GGG in September. That was how they got their 50 fight $90 mil deal with DAZN. He wanted to fight Kovalev but felt Golden Boy wasn't trying hard enough to make the fight. So he had his people reach out to Kovalev. Then he found out Golden Boy made that side deal with DAZN and he was pissed. They never told Canelo. Remember Hearn said on Mannix podcast that Golden Boy promised DAZN that Canelo GGG 3 would happen this fall. Then Oscar got mad and tweeted to Hearn to mind his own business & he heard Hearn was having trouble making the rematch. Then Hearn said his fight would be made first.

Comment

This was bound to happen, ODLH and Floyd came to realize that they didn't need a promotional company after a certain point. Canelo Promotions has a nice ring to it.

GBP will be fine, they have up and coming stars in Ryan Garcia, Vergil Ortiz, Munguia etc. They need to start pouring more resources into their scouting team to find the next Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X