Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The real question, is AJ simply overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The real question, is AJ simply overrated?

No disrespect to AJ fans but I think this is a fair question.
    But please - Don't shoot the messenger, I got nothing to do with his TKO loss.

Definitely very possible. We can't say right now, but for sure there are a lot of question marks around AJ right now.

Comment

Of course he was, the AJ fans that I have seen on here have always admit that doe. I think he was more overrated because of the way he was being ducked. You get people losing their pens even when offers ten times their usual payday. Maybe that cloud a bit of more people’s judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by ARSEBOLLOCKS View Post
        No disrespect to AJ fans but I think this is a fair question.
        But please - Don't shoot the messenger, I got nothing to do with his TKO loss.
        The real answer is yes. He was overhyped from day one, people who actually followed his career from the amateurs knew about his limitations and vulnerabilities. The fanboys who jumped on the bandwagon had a rude awakening last night.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Definitely very possible. We can't say right now, but for sure there are a lot of question marks around AJ right now.
          “Definitely very possible”😂😂

Just say yes

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
            The real answer is yes. He was overhyped from day one, people who actually followed his career from the amateurs knew about his limitations and vulnerabilities. The fanboys who jumped on the bandwagon had a rude awakening last night.
            I didn’t realize he only had 50 amateur fights. If you think about it he is still reasonably inexperienced

Comment

Yes.

His best win was against a 40+ year old Wlad who was coming off a loss in which he looked awful and an 18 month layoff. And prior to getting schooled by Fury he failed to KO Bryant Jennings, who was in turn KO'd by Ortiz just a few months later.

Klitschko was shot and he still almost knocked Joshua out.

Who's his next best win? A shot Povetkin after they took his PEDs away? Pillowfisted Joe Parker?

Comment

Of course he was so many idiots posting about his boxing skills like he was the heavyweight Pernell Whitaker and saying stupid **** like Lennox Lewis was jealous of his career

You know exactly who you are

Comment

He was one of the most overrated boxers in the sport.

Monday morning they'll be some big queues outside JD sports with AJ/Matchroom casuals lining up to return their Under Armour tracksuits.

Comment

No defense and doesn't take a punch well. You have to be able to do one of those things. Kudos if you can do both.

Comment

Working...
                    X