Nicholas Walters speaks to Vasyl Lomachenko after loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great to show respect, but the way he quit will never be forgotten

Comment

He should have known he wasn't ready since his last was a shít performance against a gatekeeper a whole year ago.. smh.. He lost the will to fight a long time ago, you could tell before he walked into the ring he was there for the paycheck..

Comment

Hopefully the backlash will fire him up and help him to refocus.

Comment

I just wish he gets back on track soon, I would love to see this fight again, but with Walters staying active and having some good names on his record, then fight again!

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
            Not that I'm excusing walters...but I'd rather be taking punishment in a fight where i was landing shots then be completely outclassed and not be able to lay a glove on my opponent. It really is frustrating and it ****s with your mind a lot more than getting out punched in exchanges. You could see it on his face...he folded under the pressure, just a different kind of pressure than we are used to seeing.
            Honestly I understand. I'm not even mad at him. He was landing like 3-4 shots a round. No point in getting beat on when you have no hope of winning. Especially when news broke someone just died earlier that week from boxing.

Comment

If Gerald mcclelan quit vs Benn hed probably be commentating alongside roy jones jr. Walters was about to get his azz whooped they didn't want no mo. what can u say?

Comment

'Oh well, I knocked out 21 other guys' doesn't seem like the right attitude after a loss.

He should be concerned about where he goes from here. Remember how Arum did nothing for Clottey after his performance vs Pac? It might be the same, and he's not an appealing opponent to anyone after that performance. Because if Vargas for example fights Walters, anything less than complete domination will be seen as less impressive than Loma, not like there's much money in it, so may as well face someone else. He has a tough road back, feel like we might not see him again until he gets used as an opponent above his best weight in the other guy's hometown.

Comment

He needs to STFU and think about his future......really really think about it...he needs to decide if he wants to examine if boxing is still for him or just retire.

Comment

Working...
                  X