No announcement yet.

so benavidez is underrated now then?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
    sometimes being a good prospect doesnt translate to much. david price was espn prospect of the year.
    How many times have you raised the quality of one of your favorite fighters victory because they beat a pro with a good amateur background?

Comment

I gotta keep it real. Crawford did not impress and looked uncomfortable as fxck at times. i think Benavidez height caused major issues at 6'2". hell i didn't even know he was that tall until the tale of the tape lol. i picked Bud to win easy simply based on ranking and his resume. I had never sat down to watch Benavidez fight before this. other than height the guy can counter real well.

but i gotta stay consistent this was a guy a prime TBud should've adjusted to quicker and smoked earlier than that. at 31 Crawford is at his absolute peak right now. that's not a good thing since it seems they're hellbent on marinating the Spence fight.

as far as Benavidez doe. its clear that bullet in his leg ruined his career. even though he's gonna be judged based on what he does from here on out. kinda like when Ward beat Barrera it wasnt a big deal but then it turned into a huge win due to what Barrera accomplished afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
        How many times have you raised the quality of one of your favorite fighters victory because they beat a pro with a good amateur background?
        this guy hyped up GGG beating Vanes. he has huge credibility issues.

Comment

Yes, I say his durability, toughness and boxing IQ are all definitely underrated. All that trash talk leading up to the build up of the fight was very calculating. What Benavidez, Jr was attempting to do was to gain a psychological edge over Crawford but it backfired. It didn't work.

He wanted to play the counter punching game with Bud but it failed. He wanted Crawford to come out and charge him aggressively but that has never been Terence's style. However at the same time he didn't exactly chase Crawford either. He caught Bud a few times as he was coming in however.

Bud has always taken the methodical approach by taking his time and fighting in spurts; While moving and choosing his spots very carefully. It made for very intriguing and interesting fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
            this guy hyped up GGG beating Vanes. he has huge credibility issues.
            "Huge credibility issues" is an understatement, my friend

Comment

this is coming from the same buy who hyped up vanes win for gggee....

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
                I gotta keep it real. Crawford did not impress and looked uncomfortable as fxck at times. i think Benavidez height caused major issues at 6'2". hell i didn't even know he was that tall until the tale of the tape lol. i picked Bud to win easy simply based on ranking and his resume. I had never sat down to watch Benavidez fight before this. other than height the guy can counter real well.

but i gotta stay consistent this was a guy a prime TBud should've adjusted to quicker and smoked earlier than that. at 31 Crawford is at his absolute peak right now. that's not a good thing since it seems they're hellbent on marinating the Spence fight.

as far as Benavidez doe. its clear that bullet in his leg ruined his career. even though he's gonna be judged based on what he does from here on out. kinda like when Ward beat Barrera it wasnt a big deal but then it turned into a huge win due to what Barrera accomplished afterwards.
                I have no problem with Bud's performance. He isn't the guy that comes out and KO's you in a couple rounds. He does the slow burn, adjusts, then beats down. Crawford dominated after the sixth (I think? I decided to take a night off from scoring a fight) then knocked out Benavidez.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                  That’s the thing, I think it’s the crawford fans themselves who predicted an easy KO. And now they’re defending Benavidez because it didn’t go quicker than they thought it would.
                  This is exactly it. They insisted it would be an easy ko. They knew Benavidez was not really a worthy opponent in terms of what he has done, which is why they said it loud and clear that it would be an easy ko.

Now they are hyping up Jose to make TC look better. Crawford is good, but he did let Benavidez get in his head. He got hit quite a bit in some exchanges too. But what I like about Crawford is that he reminds of Morales. He gets hit with a good shot and comes right back with one of his own.

Before the fight, Crawford fans would have you believe Benavides was going to get stopped like Bobby Velardez. Because thats how highly they though of Benavidez at the time.

Now they want you to think Benavidez was a prime Paul Williams.

Comment

The problem tho is it wasn't exactly a hard fight. It was a methodical fight. Jose was trying to bait Crawfoed and Ceawfors was weary of his right hand so he kept playing the in and out game. Sure he didnt blast the man out. But it wasn't a close fight, Crawford really didnt struggle, he fought his fight all night. You guys make too much noise oitta nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      Benavidez was seen as the #1 prospect in the United States for a good while. Even Freddie Roach raved about him when he was training at Wild Card.

It's just that his development and career got sidetracked when he got shot in the leg.
                      His development and career got sidetracked when Pavel Miranda put him on queer street in the 8th round of their fight and again when needed a gift vs. Mauricio Herrera. The shooting was the nail in the coffin.

Although he does deserve credit for keeping it close after 6 rounds. He didn't seem particularly mobile, but I'm not sure that his knee was much of a problem. It's only a topic of conversation today because ESPN couldn't stop talking about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X