No announcement yet.

Holiday weekend leaves more than 100 gunfire victims in Chicago

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    How delusional are you? You have been touting this notion of increased gun control since Sandy Hook. You have a republican president who has reversed Obama's executive order on gun control, a republican majority congress and the hugely influential and powerful gun lobby in the NRA. I would like to see gun control through sensible common sense laws, but it's not happening under this administration.

The only hope for gun laws is through state legislation like we have in Mass.

i recognized the utility of gun control long before sandy hook, you fat f#ck. every civilized country in the world regulates guns more heavily than we do, and every civilized country in the world has less gun crimes, gross and per capita. i mean holy f@ck, how deluded must i be?

your **** are probably f#Cking enormous

gun control is on its way at both the federal and state level. won't happen over night, but it is sure to happen in my lifetime. the moronic, white working class demographic that votes for business friendly conservatives are luckily dying off.

unfortunately sandy hook was not the catalyst most expected, but it did shed some light on exactlt who the actors are in resisting gun control, the main one being the defense lobby. the more frequent these shootings become, the more graphic the imagery, the more cell phone camera videos we ahve of shootings, the greater the likelyhood of congress being whipped into shape via common sense.

sadly, the huge amount of blacks that kill each other each year is on the list of things people in congress and state governments don't give a f3ck about. that's a much more prolific issue than a sandy hook here and there, but again, there's the imagery of a black dead black man that most congressional leaders don't give a **** about is much less poignant than the occasional dead child at sandy hook and elsewhere.

stay gigantic, you fat sh#T

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      i recognized the utility of gun control long before sandy hook, you fat f#ck. every civilized country in the world regulates guns more heavily than we do, and every civilized country in the world has less gun crimes, gross and per capita. i mean holy f@ck, how deluded must i be?

your **** are probably f#Cking enormous

gun control is on its way at both the federal and state level. won't happen over night, but it is sure to happen in my lifetime. the moronic, white working class demographic that votes for business friendly conservatives are luckily dying off.

unfortunately sandy hook was not the catalyst most expected, but it did shed some light on exactlt who the actors are in resisting gun control, the main one being the defense lobby. the more frequent these shootings become, the more graphic the imagery, the more cell phone camera videos we ahve of shootings, the greater the likelyhood of congress being whipped into shape via common sense.

sadly, the huge amount of blacks that kill each other each year is on the list of things people in congress and state governments don't give a f3ck about. that's a much more prolific issue than a sandy hook here and there, but again, there's the imagery of a black dead black man that most congressional leaders don't give a **** about is much less poignant than the occasional dead child at sandy hook and elsewhere.

stay gigantic, you fat sh#T
      You're more optimistic than I am - maybe because you are younger and a lil naive. What I see is, people becoming more and more desensitized by gun violence. There was a lot of high profile gun murders in 2016 but here we are, in the same boat with the status quo.

Also, you think the white working class voters in this country are dwindling? You mean the same ones that got Donald Trump elected and the majority republican congress? Those ones?

There is a strange love affair with guns in this country. It's a mindset, it's delusional, it's irrational and pervasive. The only hope for sensible gun legislation is by the individual states enacting laws or democrats getting in congress and taking back the white house - I don't the see latter scenario happening doe.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        gun control, guys. it is coming.
        Then expect higher crime.

There's a reason in America you see higher crime rates in places with stricter gun laws.

If gun control was the answer, places like Chicago and DC would have miniscule crime rates.

Comment

"democrats getting in congress and taking back the White House"

I'm sorry but you guys-the hysteria about guns has turned your brains to mosh, what America are you living in where Democrats have done anything other then play the blame game, pander for votes and race beat all in hopes of keeping their jobs, what have they done in the very recent past to steam gun violence in their cities, it's way too easy now that blame the Republicans, blame white conservatives, blame the police, blame racism, Blame the NRA for all the problems of the these urban war zones, but the fact remains the Vast majority of Americans that own most of the firearm cause virtually no problems !

Remove all the major strict gun law cities from the equation, where the most gun violence happens, and then tell me how bad the gun problem in America is...Virtually nonexistent !

Comment

The gun control laws they have in place is a good start but other laws need to be passed to make it illegal to murder and to attempt to murder people.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              How delusional are you? You have been touting this notion of increased gun control since Sandy Hook. You have a republican president who has reversed Obama's executive order on gun control, a republican majority congress and the hugely influential and powerful gun lobby in the NRA. I would like to see gun control through sensible common sense laws, but it's not happening under this administration.

The only hope for gun laws is through state legislation like we have in Mass.
              Doesn't even matter, Chicago has some of the strictest gun control laws in the country. The gang bangers go out of state to obtain their weapons. If you're going to do gun control enact it in Ohio, but that wont happen, so find a new solution.

Comment

Switzerland has 45.7 guns per 100 resident. No problem there. Finland has 45.3 guns per 100 resident, also no problem there. Surprisingly, even Sweden has a high rate of gun ownership at 31.6 per 100 residents and Norway has a gun ownership of 31.3 per 100 residents. http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/small-a...guns-1.3392204

Yet, all these countries have very low gun violence. There's a reason why the gun violence is high in the US and has nothing to do with legitimate gun owners.

Comment

Originally posted by Bygeorge View Post
                  Switzerland has 45.7 guns per 100 resident. No problem there. Finland has 45.3 guns per 100 resident, also no problem there. Surprisingly, even Sweden has a high rate of gun ownership at 31.6 per 100 residents and Norway has a gun ownership of 31.3 per 100 residents. http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/small-a...guns-1.3392204

Yet, all these countries have very low gun violence. There's a reason why the gun violence is high in the US and has nothing to do with legitimate gun owners.
                  Excellent post.

It'll be interesting to see if it's addressed.....

Comment

Sounds like a typical 4th of July-ish weekend in the West and Southsides of Chicago.

Gigantic street gangs in a gigantic city in the summer.

Comment

Multi-Generational impoverished Losers killing other Losers (in 90% of the cases)..

Sounds great to me...Less of a burden on society...

Now if a bunch of innocents started getting killed I would care, but we know thats not the case in the vast majority of these shootings....

Comment

Working...
                      X