Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr, What do you guys think?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel Omar Chavez is doing a hell of alot better. Even has a death on his record(not that its a stat to brag about

Comment

he should fight the up and coming Shane Mosley Jr

Comment

so far he is crap......

Comment

After the Vanda fights, I really thought his handlers would step up the plate and bring him B+ fighters. They didnt. They should gamble on Duddy next. Otherwise, he wont go nowhere near his old man

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
            So what, I also could be 41-0 fighting bums!!!!!!
            Originally posted by Leakbeak View Post
            Nobody would have heard of him either. I think if he was not JCC's son, he would be getting criticism even from his own camp for fighting bums. Anybody with a 41-0 record who is not stepping it up will be ridiculed, even if it is just by the local media/fans! That would be the case in the scenario you give
            Listen, I agree. He's not stepping up in competition and he should be. But the fact is that he's held to a higher standard because of who he is.

A lot of guys don't even turn pro that early. Tarver didn't turn pro until he was 28, and look what he's accomplished. JC Jr. has a long way to go and a ton of fights ahead of him. Do you really believe he won't get tested along the way? His name is unavoidable.

Things will work themselves out in the end and JC Jr. will either be a success or not. Judging by his last performance I'm not confident in him either, but he has time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pounding View Post
              He sucks and his fight on the Cotto-Pacquiao PPV was boring as ****. A ****ing waste of time to put a fight like that on such a big event.
              I've seen clips of him, but this was my first time seeing a real fight from him. I can finally say there is nothing impressive about him. He's slow, has no power, no defense, pretty much bad all around. I know he's only 23 with no amateur background, but I don't see any potential at all. He doesn't have the craft or even athleticism for being 23 years old. I know Chavez Sr. was one of the greatest ever and everyone knows Jr. has big shoes to fill. But I am not even comparing him to his father, I am just looking for the slightest potential and I don't see it.

He's been fighting for 6 years now and he is 23. He has no amateur background, so this pretty much is his amateur days. It's not too late, but he needs a new trainer to teach him better technique. He lacks power, speed, and athleticism, but if he can work on his technique, he can at least win a title. I will not totally count him out, and we all know he will never even be close to his father's status. But he can at least have a good career with some solid wins. Hopefully.
              Last edited by blaze778; 11-17-2009, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wupadupa View Post
                I think the dude is overrated as hell, protected just because his dad is a legend and they line him up with taxicab drivers to beat up.

He is slow and looks like frankenstein.
                he is tall and gangly so he should fight taller and use a jab.

Comment

I want him to be fed to Margarito upon his return. I really, really do!

Comment

he isn't great. still fighting tomato can so how can he improve..

Comment

I almost fell asleep watching his fight. I also recall the crowd was booing during his fight cuz it was so boring. When the final bell rang, the crowd was jubilant that it finally ended.

Comment

Working...
                      X