Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When has Arreola's really affected any of his fights.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
    his training can be as vigorous as he wants and if what you say is true, then I got no problem with the training. but he can't be out eating in-n-out burgers 12pm at night. he needs to get disciplined with his diet.
    you're an idiot plain and simple

Comment

so you think losing weight isn't gonna improve oreo-la hand speed or foot speed?

if he lugging around less weight, maybe he could increase his punch output.

I think you don't understand that being obese is not healthy.

Not really because he isn't that type of fighter. He isn't exactly Chris Byrd even when he was at 230.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
        Hes fat and extremely out of shape. Hes winning fights on sheer power and size.

Losing weight and getting in great shape will help his stamina, his footwork, and his speed. Getting in shape wont hurt him at all.

Staying fat and getting fatter will hurt him. Hell be just good but never elite.
        This basically sums it up. People say he should keep around 240, but I am pretty sure he will still be fat at that weight. Arreola is tough as nails and if he had some footwork and speed, he would be one of the most dangerous HW's for 2010.

Comment

his training can be as vigorous as he wants and if what you say is true, then I got no problem with the training. but he can't be out eating in-n-out burgers 12pm at night. he needs to get disciplined with his diet.

Who says he's eating that way again it's just his body type. He is just not built that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
            How is he an idiot? It's the truth. I remember seeing Arreola say in an interview that he can't help drinking beer and eating tacos. (Or something around those lines). The guy has no discipline.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
              Looks have nothing to do with being a professional or not professional. He's the one fighting not you so how does your expectations on what Arreola should look like determine how professional he is or isn't?

Again this is not a beauty contest and he looks fat either way plus which of thoses pictures was Chris younger in?
              Arreola was 239 against Witherspoon, looked good, then went up to near 260 pounds in his next fight. It's not because he was younger, he just let himself go, plain and simple. After the fight he admitted that he needed to get in better shape.

Arreola doesn't look "fat" in the first picture. Not looking like Wladimir Klitschko doesn't mean he's "fat". But in his past couple of fights he has looked "fat" indeed although I think he will come in decent shape to his next fight because he realizes what he must do in order to go from being a contender to being a champion. The Klitschko brothers are champions because they always show up in the best possible condition.

Comment

To everyone defending his weight: What happens when he meets up with someone who can match him in size, but who is in shape? Same thing that happened in the Klitschko fight. They will keep the distance and punish him. He'll be able to catch a smaller, skilled fighter like Adamek but as soon as he faces someone big enough to keep the distance and box, and at the same time take his punches, its over for him. It wasn't the fact that Vitali beat him. It was the fact that he didn't train for that fight that pisses me off. The weight wasn't even the only proof. He openly admitted that he didn't train for that fight, but his excuse was injuries. But then for his next fight against another small fighter, reports come in that he STILL didn't train, and he came in even heavier than the Klitschko fight.

Yes he does pretty good with the cheeseburgers in his system, but any boxer would do better without them. He's just lucky to be able to have skill with it. But as I said, as soon as he faces someone with physical advantages who can keep the distance and take a punch, he'll lose. I wouldn't even give him a crack at Wlad's plastic jaw. And what is the solution to those problems? Discipline! I don't even think he had a gameplan for the Klitschko fight, to be honest...

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
                  wow... where'd that come from. just trying to have a conversation about boxing. u don't have to be a *****.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
                    Who says he's eating that way again it's just his body type. He is just not built that way.
                    oreo-la admitted that his diet is garbage in an interview leading up to the vitaly fight. he says he loves IHOP or restuarant that opens late. the kid has no discipline. works hard in the gym maybe, but can't control his appetite. it's not just his body type or the way he was built. he's a fat slob that can't stop putting food into his pie-hole.

Originally posted by one-Punch View Post
                    How is he an idiot? It's the truth. I remember seeing Arreola say in an interview that he can't help drinking beer and eating tacos. (Or something around those lines). The guy has no discipline.
                    yep, I remember that too. that's why I said what I said.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                      Again I must clarify that I do not think he doesn't train, I think the opposite. Based on the pictures I've seen of him out of training, he must have been close to 300 pounds. To go down to around 250 lbs from that takes a lot of work. However he shouldn't balloon up to such high weight in the first place. Boxing is a 24/7 job.
                      this^^^

it don't matter if it his size or not,or weather he works out or not. fact of the matter is he shouldn't ballon up to that size come fight night. he need to stop drinking and eating high calorie foods in training and come in around 240.

Comment

Working...
                      X