Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin has a guaranteed purse per contract and is likely going to make a lot of $$$

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golovkin has a guaranteed purse per contract and is likely going to make a lot of $$$

His guaranteed purse shouldn't be less than 5 millions. Maybe close to 10.

I believe he's getting that money.

Am I wrong?

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post

Am I wrong?
    I’m sure in the contracts they have it in writing where if his opponent fails to live up to his agreement, he still gets paid. So yea. He’ll get his guaranteed purse.

Damn I wish they’d call me, lol. I’ll take 1%

Comment

Am I wrong?
      Tricky situation. I believe his guaranteed purse will drastically change now that he will be facing a drastically lesser known fighter. I'm sure his purse will be negotiated within this new contract they have to draft for this new opponent and new venue.

Comment

I have a feeling, though I don't know, that HBO will pay Golovkin and then HBO will go after Canelo and GB for reimbursement.

Comment

Am I wrong?
          depends on his opponent..you can't have a guarantee if your opponent brings no money..besides canelo ggg has only made 5 mill and that's against kell brook all his other purses have been 2.5 or less..ggg is not a money generating machine like nelo

Comment

And also, as an aside, they can still make back their guaranteed purse by suing GBP for breach of contract. Precedence has been set numerous times. (Wilder v Povetkin - Ryabinksy v Don King)

Comment

He'll take less money for the date or no date is usually how that works.

Comment

Originally posted by Street15 View Post
                And also, as an aside, they can still make back their guaranteed purse by suing GBP for breach of contract. Precedence has been set numerous times. (Wilder v Povetkin - Ryabinksy v Don King)
                If they were suing golden boy they wouldn't be negotiating to make spike a, golden boy fighter, his next opponent. And they would instantly lose out on a Sept rematch if they sue. They taking a easy fight with no risk of losing to keep in line a rematch big payday with canelo. If there were going to be lawsuits you would of heard Loeffler screaming about it weeks ago. Instead he is kissing golden boy arse begging for that rematch in Sept.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                  I have a feeling, though I don't know, that HBO will pay Golovkin and then HBO will go after Canelo and GB for reimbursement.
                  The Wilder/Povetkin situation definitely shows there is precedent for this. Not so much for a third party like HBO, but for GGG there is.

Although that case is under appeal.

I don't think that would be the best recourse for GGG right now, doe, as there is still the Canelo fight in the wings, which is worth a lot more.

Comment

Am I wrong?
                    I hope that he does, bc he is pulling his weight, doing everything he was supposed to, regardless of Clenelo being dirty..why should G pay for that? Maybe he’ll sue GBP and Canyellow

Comment

Working...
                    X