Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people act like Floyd is in a league of his own?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He manages to make A and B level fighters look like D level scrubs. He neutered an ATG fighter in Pac. The only one near that level against that level of opponent is Rigo. Floyd deserves to be in a league of his own because he's done it for 19 years.

Comment

well, he is. the one time he looked human he was fighting with one arm.

Comment

Because He Is In A League Of His Own.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
          Ok, this is kinda a stupid intro since I posed the question. The man is a great boxer and is undefeated for so many years, true! remarkable career.. but... people make it seem like skill wise there is nothing else remotely close to him in boxing today.

I think Rigondeaux, Gonzales, Lomachenko and Ward all have ATG skills too and are not that far off him at all.
          He's 38 years old. He's been fighting for 20 years at an elite level and is undefeated. He just made an ATG in Pacquiao look like an amatuer. No1 else in boxing is close him in that regard.
          Last edited by jcpryor; 06-02-2015, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
            Ok, this is kinda a stupid intro since I posed the question. The man is a great boxer and is undefeated for so many years, true! remarkable career.. but... people make it seem like skill wise there is nothing else remotely close to him in boxing today.

I think Rigondeaux, Gonzales, Lomachenko and Ward all have ATG skills too and are not that far off him at all.
            He's good at holding and having a ref protect him. I bet if they're put in a small ring no ref to save his his azz he would have lost both Madaina fights and Pacquaio fight. But no we have to have this huge azz ring a ref in his pocket to allow him to hold than break for he can run, it's like run hit one time hold opponent over and over for 12 rounds and people call that great

Comment

Originally posted by HMICHMIC View Post
              I was gonna make a video about why mayweather is so successful in todays boxing, cause it all boils down to his tool box, he knows fients, timing, setting traps, shooting the lead right with no tell so his opponent cant time it, he knows to get out of their so the catch and shoot doesnt work, he knows the importance of distance, he perfected the pull counter, he knows how to roll with punches etc and most people he fights dont do any of that they just straight up and down boxers basic ass dudes.
              That's why I laugh when people say he'll be forgotten when he retires, all wishful thinking for those who dislike him. When people bring up defense, pullcounter, check hook, jab to the body, lead right hand...Mayweather's name will continuously come up.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                Imo, I feel like we don't know jack ***** about Rigo, Loma, OR Gonzalez. They should not be compared nowhere NEAR Floyd.

Good boxers, but they ain't ***** in my book. At this very juncture.
                I agree with you. I just think that the benchmark by which all other "skilled," "slick" and "technical" fighters are measured is a 38 year old fighter confirms that Floyd is clearly in a class by himself.

Comment

It's much to early too tell with these guys ..Give it time I'm I'm sure they will have their chance ..

Comment

I think everything I was going to say has been covered.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                      It's because he is, no one else in the sport is as well rounded.
                      well rounded lmfao hahahahaha that's a joke

Comment

Working...
                      X