No announcement yet.

Hughie Fury vs Joseph Parker: Hughie will win a very dominant decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hughie Fury vs Joseph Parker: Hughie will win a very dominant decision

I have followed Joseph Parker from the beginning, but i need to take him off my top heavyweights list actually.

He has failed to evolve from the promise he showed early in his career, and has in fact gone backwards since his peak which was around the Botha fight.

Parker is at his best when he fights a stationary target. You see against Dimitrenko parker almost went animalistic, just throwing wildly at dimitrenko. There is no sense of refinment. His athleticism and energy has slipped too, and he labours at times.

his movement is very poor, mostly in straight lines. He holds hands low and does not move his head. He has become reliant on power and toughness to gut out fights, and he barely got by the very predictable takam and ruiz.

Hughie is very skilled. Agile, great jab, combination puncher, good use of range, excellent movement. He is going to show parker skills he hasn't ever faced before and Parker has shown he cannot adapt.

I see this as being 10-2 or even wider to hughie.

I believe so too. I don't know why, Hughie has not really proven much in the HW division at all so it's purse spectulation. It is true that he has been fighting while sick and nowhere near 100% though. He has some good attributes like Tyson Fury too. Hughie is a big man himself, a bit smaller than Tyson Fury but more athletic and can move well too. He's actually a gym rat too, he trains all year round. He lacks a bit of power which might be his downfall if his ring IQ can't see him through. It's hard to say if he has a good ring IQ over 12 rounds against a decent fighter though.

I just have a feeling he might win this but i don't have that much to base it on, just flashes of his talent. Also, part of that reason is i don't think Parker is anything special at all. I've been far from convinced when he's fought decent opposition.

I just think a bigger man like Hughie Fury that can box and move well and also use his size might be a bad match up for Parker.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
      I believe so too. I don't know why, Hughie has not really proven much in the HW division at all so it's purse spectulation. It is true that he has been fighting while sick and nowhere near 100% though. He has some good attributes like Tyson Fury too. Hughie is a big man himself, a bit smaller than Tyson Fury but more athletic and can move well too. He's actually a gym rat too, he trains all year round. He lacks a bit of power which might be his downfall if his ring IQ can't see him through. It's hard to say if he has a good ring IQ over 12 rounds against a decent fighter though.

I just have a feeling he might win this but i don't have that much to base it on, just flashes of his talent. Also, part of that reason is i don't think Parker is anything special at all. I've been far from convinced when he's fought decent opposition.

I just think a bigger man like Hughie Fury that can box and move well and also use his size might be a bad match up for Parker.
      I have been unimpressed with Parker for a couple of years now. I figured he just had an off night against Takam but then he was even worse in the Ruiz fight.

When I think about the times Parker has actually looked impressive, it's against guys like Dimitrenko or 47 year old Kali Meehan.

I also noticed that all of joes opponents, none of them are skilled boxers, he is always matched against basic, come forward fighters. When he faced boxers in the amateurs he lost to them.

Hughie Fury just needs to concentrate for 12 rounds and stick to his boxing and this will be a very straightforward fight, parker can't close distance and can't deal with a pinpoint jab and good defence.

Straightforward victory for hughie if he's sensible.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
        When I think about the times Parker has actually looked impressive, it's against guys like Dimitrenko or 47 year old Kali Meehan.
        In other words, big guys. Like Hughie. Against Takam and Ruiz Jr he showed that he doesn't excel against short, stocky, tough pressure fighters, because he likes to dictate the terms of engagement himself and because he has trouble defending his body and he has trouble with accuracy when punching downwards. But he's a different animal with a big target in front of him who will permit him to get on the front foot and make space for his work

So I think he'll have trouble pinning Hughie down because his feet aren't great, but judging by the Kassi fight Hughie doesn't like it up him and so I predict that Parker will have more and more success as the fight goes on and he'll win another close decision

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          In other words, big guys. Like Hughie. Against Takam and Ruiz Jr he showed that he doesn't excel against short, stocky, tough pressure fighters, because he likes to dictate the terms of engagement himself and because he has trouble defending his body and he has trouble with accuracy when punching downwards. But he's a different animal with a big target in front of him who will permit him to get on the front foot and make space for his work

So I think he'll have trouble pinning Hughie down because his feet aren't great, but judging by the Kassi fight Hughie doesn't like it up him and so I predict that Parker will have more and more success as the fight goes on and he'll win another close decision
          Those guys are absoloutley, positivley, NOTHING like hughie fury.

They are big, immobile guys with Glass chins.

Parker has blown out plenty of short rubbish fighters as well, but the only fighters above D level he has fought have been short.

You say he looked good against meehan and dimitrenko because they are tall

I say he looked good against them because they are rubbish fighters.

Comment

When JP knocks Fury out, i shall bump this thread and you shall apologize to us all.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
              When JP knocks Fury out, i shall bump this thread and you shall apologize to us all.
              Parker couldn't knock out a paper bag at world level.

Btw can someone make a gif of that 57 punch combination he landed on takam that had absoloutley zero effect?

Comment

Parker couldn't knock out a paper bag at world level.

Btw can someone make a gif of that 57 punch combination he landed on takam that had absoloutley zero effect?
                I think your mistaking Parker for fury there pal.

Well done on exaggerating on the 7 punch combination and adding 50 punches too bud.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post

I don't think the Hughie Fury who fought Kassi would beat Parker, but his health was at a low point then. He's now been pronounced clear of the ailment he was suffering from, but we haven't seen him in action since then.

If Hughie is 100% fit, I think he can win this fight on points, but away from home, you never know if the judges will do the right thing in a close fight. It's going to be intreresting!

Comment

Those guys are absoloutley, positivley, NOTHING like hughie fury.

They are big, immobile guys with Glass chins.

Parker has blown out plenty of short rubbish fighters as well, but the only fighters above D level he has fought have been short.

You say he looked good against meehan and dimitrenko because they are tall

I say he looked good against them because they are rubbish fighters.
                    Lol, you might have a point there.

Comment

Working...
                    X