No announcement yet.

FF7R or Dark Souls Remastered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] FF7R or Dark Souls Remastered

I really want to buy an action rpg. I've narrowed my shortlist down to these 2 games.

I've never played either a dark souls game or the original FF7 so these will both be new experiences for me.

What should I get ? What are the pros and cons of each ?

Obviously the first thing that comes to mind is that FF7R has stupidly good graphics, but I don't think graphics on their own should be a reason to buy a game.

Dark Souls without a shadow of a doubt.

The difficulty of it is brilliant. The sense of accomplishment you get when you kill the area boss and move on to the next area is unmatched.

Its an experience, after you game it for a while you'll understand. The dark/medieval aspect of it fits so well, it hard to describe.

I tell you, it has the best map design of a video game ever since Super Metroid. The way everything is connected and how you can access certain areas that you couldn't before after discovering/opening stuff is genius.

There are traps everywhere.

Monsters waiting to ambush you.

Hard decisions to make that will affect your progress depending on your response.

Lots of hidden areas to discover, vast arsenal of different types of weapons/items.

Stay away from FFVII: Remake.

Not only does it sucks, it has around 10% of what the original game had.

I've played FFVII countless of times, even hardcore mods for it on PC like Gjoerulv's Hardcore Mod, Sega Chief's New Threat Mod, etc etc.

I got a hold of Dark Souls when the Xbox 360 had it as a free game of the month on the last day and after playing it non-stop, I knew I had to get the next installment and the previous.

I borrowed a PS3 and Demon's Souls to see how it all started. Then I got Dark Souls II when it came out.

Then Bloodborne and Dark Souls III.

I'm still playing the latest Miyazaki's game, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.

Truly the hardest game I've ever played.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
      Dark Souls without a shadow of a doubt.

The difficulty of it is brilliant. The sense of accomplishment you get when you kill the area boss and move on to the next area is unmatched.

Its an experience, after you game it for a while you'll understand. The dark/medieval aspect of it fits so well, it hard to describe.

I tell you, it has the best map design of a video game ever since Super Metroid. The way everything is connected and how you can access certain areas that you couldn't before after discovering/opening stuff is genius.

There are traps everywhere.

Monsters waiting to ambush you.

Hard decisions to make that will affect your progress depending on your response.

Lots of hidden areas to discover, vast arsenal of different types of weapons/items.

Stay away from FFVII: Remake.

Not only does it sucks, it has around 10% of what the original game had.

I've played FFVII countless of times, even hardcore mods for it on PC like Gjoerulv's Hardcore Mod, Sega Chief's New Threat Mod, etc etc.

I got a hold of Dark Souls when the Xbox 360 had it as a free game of the month on the last day and after playing it non-stop, I knew I had to get the next installment and the previous.

I borrowed a PS3 and Demon's Souls to see how it all started. Then I got Dark Souls II when it came out.

Then Bloodborne and Dark Souls III.

I'm still playing the latest Miyazaki's game, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.

Truly the hardest game I've ever played.

That sucks to hear about the FF7 remake. It's one of my all time favorite games and I'm not even really into RPGs that much. I got excited when I heard about the remake, I thought maybe I could relive some good high school memories lol.

Is it really 10% of the original? Sucks that they would leave so much out. Major disappointment.

I might look into Dark Souls though.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
        That sucks to hear about the FF7 remake. It's one of my all time favorite games and I'm not even really into RPGs that much. I got excited when I heard about the remake, I thought maybe I could relive some good high school memories lol.

Is it really 10% of the original? Sucks that they would leave so much out. Major disappointment.

Download the demo if its still available and see if its for you.

I can tell you its not for me...I like action-rpgs but to me FF7 should have been turned based like the original.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post

It's.... not that bad...

Comment

I just finished ff7 remake. It's basically just fan service to everyone who loved the original.

It appeals to your nostalgia and connection to the characters.

It tries to recreate everything you felt in the original in the most beautiful, endearing way that they could, Minus the turn based combat.

There were some scenes that felt like works of art.

Comment

The Dark Souls series is great in ways that it is difficult to describe.

Currently I am playing Borderlands 3. I'm enjoying it, and my character has been built up to be pretty strong. But I don't feel like I am getting much more skillful at the game.

I recently played Monster Hunter World. It was great too. My character got really built up, and I could feel my skill in the game growing.

But when I played the Dark Souls series, while my character got stronger, and I got more skillful, it felt more like personal growth. Like when you learn a musical instrument, or a martial art, and after a while you look back at how far you have come, and look at the things you can do that you couldn't do before - it feels like that almost.

I'm planning on holding out for the FFVII remakes to be finalised before playing them all through.

Comment

As someone who has played neither but knows a bit about both. I'd say Dark Souls.

I think Dark Souls 1 is rated by many as one of the best games of it's kind EVER. Everyone I know that has played it, LOVES it. My brother has played all the DS and Bloodbourne games. He's a big stealth/grind kind of fan. I'm not that kind of gamer anymore, I prefer my action/RPG/FPS games for the most part. FF looks good but I loved the original, I don't know if that dialogue would hold up nowadays as these Japanese games are so corny that it'll probably get tough to listen to it all without cringing.

Comment

the soundtrack for ff7 remake is also pretty ****ing spectacular lol

Last edited by llll; 05-19-2020, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X