Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You gonna make them stand for the anthem? I though this was America! Land of the free

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    That's ridiculous. You can be proud to be an American and not understand why the anthem is even played at sporting events.

I'll never understand how forced patriotic behavior is so encouraged around here. Yes it would be nice / polite to get up and show pride for your country but doing so should be optional.

I wonder if I walked around the streets with a boombox playing the anthem if I would be allowed to harass and browbeat people who refuse to stand. Would be a real treat.
    yeah but the thing is these athletes are going out of there way to disrespect it. Standing is the default setting. I just think they come across as a bunch of entitled primadonnas, america certainly seems to have been kind enough to them, allowing them to make millions in the NFL. Im not american but i imagine anyone of any race works hard enough there is the opportunities for them to be a success in that country. Surely the NFL players themselves protesting are examples of that. Just had a black man as the president ffs. Yet still got people moaning about oppression etc. If they truly feel so oppressed tHey can **** off to some 3rd world cesspit ****hole for a few months and then see if they complain about america afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
      yeah but the thing is these athletes are going out of there way to disrespect it. Standing is the default setting. I just think they come across as a bunch of entitled primadonnas, america certainly seems to have been kind enough to them, allowing them to make millions in the NFL. Im not american but i imagine anyone of any race works hard enough there is the opportunities for them to be a success in that country. Surely the NFL players themselves protesting are examples of that. Just had a black man as the president ffs. Yet still got people moaning about oppression etc. If they truly feel so oppressed tHey can **** off to some 3rd world cesspit ****hole for a few months and then see if they complain about america afterwards.
      sitting or standing is your right as an american, you can do whatever you want. that's what our troops fought for.

i know you're a brit who isn't free like us Americans, but you should understand the basic concept.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
        sitting or standing is your right as an american, you can do whatever you want. that's what our troops fought for.

i know you're a brit who isn't free like us Americans, but you should understand the basic concept.
        your troops fought for people to disrespect the anthem? Dont think the anthem was much of a factor in vietnam, the gulf war or afghanistan.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          your troops fought for people to disrespect the anthem? Dont think the anthem was much of a factor in vietnam, the gulf war or afghanistan.
          who is disrespecting the anthem? if they were disrespecting the anthem they wouldn't even show up to the field for it. But they do, they just take a knee to protest police brutality.

there's nothing wrong with protesting injustices. i know you're a privileged male who doesn't understand, so you won't get it. you've never faced hardship due to your race in your lifetime, so kindly, take a seat.

Comment

who is disrespecting the anthem? if they were disrespecting the anthem they wouldn't even show up to the field for it. But they do, they just take a knee to protest police brutality.

there's nothing wrong with protesting injustices. i know you're a privileged male who doesn't understand, so you won't get it. you've never faced hardship due to your race in your lifetime, so kindly, take a seat.
            Its just a case of these athletes trying to appear holier than thou, honourable and righteous, which is something they seem to share with many of the celebrities. the police have a tough job. i dont know the facts and figures (although im pretty sure ive seen black on black crime far outweighing any 'police brutality') but i cant imagine theres some great police conspiracy to keep the minorities down. 'police brutality' makes it sound as if they are going around on mass beating up and killing people. A couple of bad eggs in the police force doing things they shoudnt have done doesnt equate to 'police brutality' so what are they actually protesting? A few individuals doing bad things? In any walk of like theres going to be bad people and good people so i dont see how 'taking a knee' really does anything... its a load of bull**** imo.

Comment

Mcc went full ******

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                As a kid at school we used to complain about pledging every morning, we all hated it & felt like it was a command....I learned about the facts before Collin did his protest. Props to him. The only people that have a problem seem to be the racist people. Do you stand at home when they play the damn song? Didn't think so. At the stadium do people stop while on line getting a drink or something to stand & plegde? Didn't think so. Do they stop at the rest room door to pledge? Didn't think so. So Collin does it & now its a problem? So what's MORE IMPORTANT, not pledging or cops killing people & getting away with it?
                YAWN....he was standing and singing along until he got benched.

Comment

I love watching those cowards kneel. That's where they belong, on their knees.

Murder and rape women and children at 10x the rate of everyone else then cry when a cop shoots one of yo boyz?

Drop onto your knees. Standing up on two feet is for men and those aren't men.

If anything it should be written into law that feral little boys like motorcity MUST kneel during the anthem. I'd love to see him try to stand up and get his face shoved in the dirt.
                  Last edited by ////; 10-25-2017, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Shaolin's troll game has transcended above levels even thought possible

So high in fact that I cannot even tell anymore whether you are serious or not.

Comment

Now they are doubling down on their cowardice and lying about being discriminated against...

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/20...m-protest.html

As if anyone knows who this idiot really is in public.

Comment

Working...
                      X