Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cardinals Bruce Arians: "Only FOOLS say they won't let their kids play football"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Cardinals Bruce Arians: "Only FOOLS say they won't let their kids play football"

People that say, 'I won't let my son play [football]' are fools," he told The MMQB in a video interview.

The NFL is embroiled in controversy over the link between degenerative brain diseases like CTE and football. The league's top executive for health and safety, Jeff Miller, recently told Congress this month that there is a link between CTE and football. It was the first time an NFL executive connected the two.

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, however, said Tuesday that a link is "absurd." He later amended his remarks to say that the issue needs to be studied further.

Arians appears to subscribe to that viewpoint.

"We have this fear of concussion that is real, but not all of those statistics, I think, can prove anything," he told The MMQB.

Arians had only praise for the game.

"This is the greatest game in the world," Arians said. "I think it teaches more values than any other game that you play. You have things that happen in your life that aren't going to be good. If you play football, you know how to handle them. It doesn't necessarily equate in track and other things."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15...football-fools

It's all about boxing and fight sports

Comment

This is why Bruce Arians is my favorite football coach. These are wise words

Comment

Pop warner football saved my life!! I needed that at that time!!

Comment

hes a boss thats why cards are taking the lombardi next year

Comment

It's all About the coaching IMO.

I've has boxing trainers who were extremely mindful of brain injuries and making sure there students were safe.

And than I've seen trainers who acted is brains didn't exist and let guys get demolished.

Same thing goes for football.

Comment

i'd teach my kid golf...easier and bigger money and he can play til he's 60

Comment

If I had kids, I would love it if they played football, and even box if they wanted to.

Even if they did get brain damage, they would still be a lot smarter than me.

Comment

I wouldn't. Unless they play qb or maybe db. Hell Arians himself was a qb in college lol he wasn't getting knocked around every day.

Comment

I've always been more into individual competition sports. I learned far more Cross-country, power lifting, wrestling than team sports. I learned to rely on myself and to build up others around me, not rely on my teammates.

Comment

Working...
                    X