Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Srs Question: Should there really be weight divisions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Commie View Post
    It's not a Computer Game
    Sh it, even Fight Night wouldn't let me put a middleweight in with a heavy

Comment

to be fair the thread starter is going to get slaughtered for this but lots of people on here seem to disregard weight classes anyway with the 'golovkin needs to fight ward at light heavy to prove himself' 'lomachenko needs to fight crawford at 140 to prove himself' bull****. I know it goes both ways and people were saying the same thing with mayweather having to go up every weight class to prove himself.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        It's possible Ward could have had limited success against guys towards the bottom of the heavyweight top 10-15, but Crawford would get destroyed by any top 30 heavyweight.
        No. Other than Joshua/Fury/Klitschko, none of those other guys at heavy can hang with Ward.

You really gonna tell me with a straight face that Charles Martin can beat Andre Ward? Eric Molina? Lmao.
        Last edited by La Kueef; 01-07-2018, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Ruthless View Post
          No. Other than Joshua/Fury/Klitschko, none of those other guys at heavy can hang with Ward.

You really gonna tell me with a straight face that Charles Martin can beat Andre Ward? Eric Molina? Lmao.
          Martin & Molina are not top ten heavyweights. Here is the current TBRB top 10:

AJ
          Wilder
          Parker
          Pulev
          Povetkin
          Whyte
          Takam
          Miller
          Breazeale
          Bellew

Once you start getting into the bottom half of the top 10, you start getting into the territory where Ward might be favored. But AJ, Wilder, Parker, Pulev & Povetkin would all be favored over Ward.

Crawford on the other hand would be easily knocked out by the entire top 10.

Comment

Yes there should be weight divisions and I seriously doubt Ward could beat Wilder. Ward was dropped and hurt by a middleweight who lost half of his fights and won only about 22% of his fights by KO. The windmill of doom would miss Ward a lot but sooner or later he would land a bomb or two and knock Ward out. Ward has no power that Wilder need fear and Wilder is too big and strong for Ward to muscle him on the inside. Wilder has a long fast hard accurate left jab that Ward wouldn't be able to completely avoid. If Ward was a natural heavyweight he would beat Wilder but he can't spot Wilder 50 pounds of lean muscle and many inches of height and reach and still win. He isn't that good and Wilder isn't that bad.

Comment

Loma is overrated garbage. Loses to Chris Arreola

Comment

Working...
              X