Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"20b contest", 5 Unfilmed Fights, U'd see.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    Yes, the only fight he truly didn't win.

He won Antufermo I, Leonard, Watts I, Sugar Ray Seales draw I'm unsure of but, I think that was contraversial.

I've heard Hagler was beat up bad in this fight though, It'd be something I'd never seen before and would be an interesting experience.
    You have to remember that Marvin was relatively green then, but I'd hate to take away any credit from the winner...... Hagler destroyed him in the fight that I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
      Very cool list,...... can I come down to see them at ringside with you ???
      Of course , being Ringside at Walcott vs Lavigne would be something else, Walcott - Fred Russel would be quite amazing to see as well, little old welterweight Walcott jumping a foot to knock the heavyweight Russel off his feet and use him as a punching bag for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
        You have to remember that Marvin was relatively green then, but I'd hate to take away any credit from the winner...... Hagler destroyed him in the fight that I saw.
        Yeah it was like his 22nd fight or something. Hagler was the man in rematches, his record was something like 12-0.

It would also give me an idea of how game Hagler was. Although I assume he would be because of his dedication in training and amazing chin and toughness he's never been in distress before, it would be interesting to see how he acted. Although I think the expected outcome would happen, and he would be one determined S.O.B with a big heart who wouldn't quit.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
          I'm sure Wolgast - Nelson and Gans - Nelson were filmed, our own BattlingNelson had a thread on Wolgast - Nelson and brings it up quite often about it being deleted off youtube, haven't seen it myself though.
          Oh, another deleted classic,.... by what right does anyone delete video that is not available for purchase, you can't order them. they are like those very rich people who hide works of art for just their own eyes,... these deleters should get deleted....... Wolgast V Nelson was a long war

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
            Of course , being Ringside at Walcott vs Lavigne would be something else, Walcott - Fred Russel would be quite amazing to see as well, little old welterweight Walcott jumping a foot to knock the heavyweight Russel off his feet and use him as a punching bag for the fight.
            Yeah that leaping Walcott would have been something to see. I would have loved to see 5ft 6 Darcy beating the crap out of 6ft 6 Fred Fulton for those two short rounds, it was going to be an exhibition until Fultons loud mouth got him into a world of trouble.

Comment

I'd love to see some Young Griffo.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I'd love to see some Young Griffo.
                My bloody oath, Griffo would be truly amazing, didn't he fight Mysterious Billy Smith,.. another fighter I'd love to see.

Comment

Working...
                X