No announcement yet.

Why Is It So DEAD HERE LATELY ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Is It So DEAD HERE LATELY ?

What's Happening here, I come back 24 hours later and it's still deathly Quiet. Are there any reasons ??

i confess that my 2011 stanley cup champion bruins will be making a slight dent in my boxing time.
    they always do, they just happen to be defending champions this time around for the first time in my life. i never miss a fight for a hockey game, though.
    you got to have your priorities straight (and some room on your DVR)

got to a home game on columbus day (a bogus holiday in the states, supposedly celebrating the day columbus "discovered" america)

bliss. boston is titletown. i do not take it for granted.
    that place is a shrine for great teams//athletic organizations (except the redsox, who have gone to the dames, kids and pinkhats)

I was going to get to putting up a new england top ten eventually
    top five is basically complete, i've just got to let it sit and marinade so it's just right.

i love the abuse.
    i ought to step my game up and get on it
    Last edited by New England; 10-11-2011, 07:30 PM.

Comment

It's those ****ing lurkers.

(I'm kidding, we love you guys, come join in)

Really this forum isn't terrible unless you compare it to NSB, which would be an awful comparison since you're likely to find more intelligent comments in one decent thread here than you are on the first page of the NSB.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        i confess that my 2011 stanley cup champion bruins will be making a slight dent in my boxing time.
        they always do, they just happen to be defending champions this time around for the first time in my life. i never miss a fight for a hockey game, though.
        you got to have your priorities straight (and some room on your DVR)

got to a home game on columbus day (a bogus holiday in the states, supposedly celebrating the day columbus "discovered" america)

bliss. boston is titletown. i do not take it for granted.
        that place is a shrine for great teams//athletic organizations (except the redsox, who have gone to the dames, kids and pinkhats)

I was going to get to putting up a new england top ten eventually
        top five is basically complete, i've just got to let it sit and marinade so it's just right.

i love the abuse.
        i ought to step my game up and get on it
        Gee mate, I admit that Cricket is more important,... but Hockey ??..... lol... I played Hockey, the original (I hate cold) one of course, who ever heard of an Aussie ice hockey player LOL....... As for Columbus. I bet you walk over dead Viking graves over there but no Spanish conquistadors...... Do you think the Columbus myth is a christian plot to erase the HEATHEN PASTRANO's (oops I meant VIKINGS),.... from their rightful achievements....-------------------------- Hockey !!....lol...... No mate, you know I'm kidding, I stopped everything to watch Mighty LEEDS win a classic Grand Final over St. Helens for the English Super-League Title...... man the super-League is great,.. not quite Our NRL standard but frigging exciting brand of footy...... have you seen any NRL or SUPERLEAGUE ?????......... anyway mate,.... give me one reason why I should become a Bruins fan..... I got room for another team in the states,... I already try to follow the JACKSONVILLE AXEMEN coz dey's a rugby League team.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
          It's those ****ing lurkers.

(I'm kidding, we love you guys, come join in)

Really this forum isn't terrible unless you compare it to NSB, which would be an awful comparison since you're likely to find more intelligent comments in one decent thread here than you are on the first page of the NSB.
          It's a great forum, but it's been lonely sometimes,.... My threads get read but not a lot of replies on the ones closest to my heart like boxing books written by the greats a certain James Leslie ..... and fight reports of classic fights and Bare-knuckle era... that kind of thing. It would be great if there was more discussion on such topics. I admit I've been distracted on a different forum due to a certain Klompton who is a real Aussie and Les Darcy hater..... I've been giving him the stick. If he ever tries to come here to our friendly environment, the sparks will fly. He has Trojans-Le-Pew attitude combined with actual knowledge (all be it skewed to suit himself)..... and he actually had the hide to print this bile ;---- FROM HIM..
          It makes sense doesnt it? If an entire landlocked country is populated by criminals, and those criminals bread with each other, and have little criminal babies, and those criminal babies bread and have more criminals, well, you do the math. You are, by virtue of your genes, an ignorant, lying piece of scum descended from criminals. Dont worry, I dont hold it against you. You cant help it. You were born to it. But, like your criminal forefathers when you want something you will lie, and cheat to get it. In this case you want the Darcy myth to be true so bad that you are lying in an effort to keep it true.
          ,... and this
          Im merely pointing out the likely reason why you are so backwards. After all, your country is so backwards even the toilet water swirls in the opposite direction. Its easy to see how you could so mixed up.
          ------ I must add that none of those were directed at me, just one of my countrymen, ,.... and of course to me indirectly.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
            It's a great forum, but it's been lonely sometimes,.... My threads get read but not a lot of replies on the ones closest to my heart like boxing books written by the greats a certain James Leslie ..... and fight reports of classic fights and Bare-knuckle era... that kind of thing. It would be great if there was more discussion on such topics. I admit I've been distracted on a different forum due to a certain Klompton who is a real Aussie and Les Darcy hater..... I've been giving him the stick. If he ever tries to come here to our friendly environment, the sparks will fly. He has Trojans-Le-Pew attitude combined with actual knowledge (all be it skewed to suit himself)..... and he actually had the hide to print this bile ;---- FROM HIM.. ,... and this ------ I must add that none of those were directed at me, just one of my countrymen, ,.... and of course to me indirectly.
            LOL.... BREAD ???????....... He may have meant breed ?????
            and those criminals bread with each other, and have little criminal babies, and those criminal babies bread and have more criminals,

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
              It's a great forum, but it's been lonely sometimes,.... My threads get read but not a lot of replies on the ones closest to my heart like boxing books written by the greats a certain James Leslie ..... and fight reports of classic fights and Bare-knuckle era... that kind of thing. It would be great if there was more discussion on such topics. I admit I've been distracted on a different forum due to a certain Klompton who is a real Aussie and Les Darcy hater..... I've been giving him the stick. If he ever tries to come here to our friendly environment, the sparks will fly. He has Trojans-Le-Pew attitude combined with actual knowledge (all be it skewed to suit himself)..... and he actually had the hide to print this bile ;---- FROM HIM.. ,... and this ------ I must add that none of those were directed at me, just one of my countrymen, ,.... and of course to me indirectly.
              This section goes in spurts, always has since i been here. We just need to create topics everybody is interested in and talk about. Problem is many of us have covered topic after topic many times over. As far as Klomton goes....tread lightly, he has a wealth of knowledge and can back it up with endless articles of the day to support his case. He absolutely DESTROYED the former poster sonnyboy to the point he got himself banned from that site after being banned from this section. He can be gruff, no doubt, but he's an excellent person to learn from. PM me and I'll give you the rundown on who Im familiar with there.

Comment

Vernon Forrest vs Davey Moore at 154 who wins and how

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                  Vernon Forrest vs Davey Moore at 154 who wins and how
                  OK...... anything goes. Mate I would probably go for Vernon, but I'm a lot more familiar with him. But Forrest was a real good fighter and a big WW. As for Moore I admit that I have not seen much of him.... So I'm tipping Vernon, but I admit that I may be way off, what's your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                    This section goes in spurts, always has since i been here. We just need to create topics everybody is interested in and talk about. Problem is many of us have covered topic after topic many times over. As far as Klomton goes....tread lightly, he has a wealth of knowledge and can back it up with endless articles of the day to support his case. He absolutely DESTROYED the former poster sonnyboy to the point he got himself banned from that site after being banned from this section. He can be gruff, no doubt, but he's an excellent person to learn from. PM me and I'll give you the rundown on who Im familiar with there.
                    I have a wealth of knowledge too, and there's very little I don't know about you know who. I basically have the same access from the net he does, but he is incredibly one-eyed and I'm still waiting for an objective post from him. Mate I wouldn't go into a debate about Greb with him..... in that case I would ask questions. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- What it comes down to is how you go about interpreting the information, trying to separate fact from fiction, we must bear in mind that many newspaper reports are biased and they can muddy the waters so that you can't see properly. The best way for you to know what I mean would be to read their thread on SRR V Darcy....... unfortunately Sugar Ray never gets mentioned in 20 pages. Anyway it's interesting to read how the thread degenerates and so does his attitude, until he blows up with the above quote. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Diplomacy is completely missing from that guy, with him only Nth Americans can fight, with one or two exceptions at the most. I do believe that this Klompton could be a good historian,.... but the most important trait of a great historian is absent, and it's a real pity he acted that way, as far as I could see he was outmatched by Bobby Sinn,,,,,, who I think is probably my superior in all matters Darcy and he certainly has a way better grasp of who Darcy really was as a man and fighter. Who on this forum believes that Les Darcy never actually won a fight (because every fight was rigged), yeah right, they went out of the city and found a 14 year old boy, and said come with us toung blacksmith we'll turn you into a world champion........ I'm telling you JAB, he believes that....... every single fight was rigged, and the most rigged were all those victories against US fighters, just can't handle the truth,.... and then he say's Eddie McGoorty was a crapbag (or is that because he knows who I am ??)...... anyway he had a go at my 1st post there, and I just gave him hell after that.

Comment

Working...
                    X