No announcement yet.

Mayweather doesn't get the credit he deserves for the thorough schooling of JMM

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Why would he fight him a 5th time when he CONVINCINGLY ended the rivalry? So if he fought him a 5th time and beat him, the score would be tied at 2-2-1. Does that mean they would have to fight ANOTHER time to close the rivalry? We got freaking four awesome fights out of it. Be satisfied about that and not sour because your guy Pacquiao got KTFO.
    Oh IDK, because almost every real boxing fan wanted to see it again?

And.....So he ended the rivalry one a loss in the series 3-1? Is that how that works? Maybe in your book. Manny gave him 3 x additional chances to get a win on a hail mary while he was getting waxed and he can't get one rematch the other direction? That was a b@tch move and I can tell you only don't think so because you're a JMM fan and are probably of Mexican descent. Now say it's not true.

....That's what I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Do you legit think he blew off the weight? I don't.

This was his longest break up til this point & the 2nd longest overall. And he was coming off a rib injury that postponed the fight. I think he lost touch with his body during the break mostly & the rib injury probably impacted his training habits & kept more weight on him then they wanted. I definitely don't think this was a planned come in overweight strategy by Floyd.
      Floyd likes to make weight comfortable and doesn't like to struggle to cut weight. He could have made 144 but didn't want to push himself the week of the fight to make weight IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
        Oh IDK, because almost every real boxing fan wanted to see it again?

And.....So he ended the rivalry one a loss in the series 3-1? Is that how that works? Maybe in your book. Manny gave him 3 x additional chances to get a win on a hail mary while he was getting waxed and he can't get one rematch the other direction? That was a b@tch move and I can tell you only don't think so because you're a JMM fan and are probably of Mexican descent. Now say it's not true.

....That's what I thought.
        Nope, completely wrong on everything you said.

3-1? Buddy it was 2-1-1. That is the whole point. At what point does it stop? If JMM wins the 5th fight, the series between the two is all tied up. Then everyone would ask for a 6th fight.

Take a step back and process all the great fights they gave us. Be THANKFUL that they fought each other four times. We didn't need to see them fare off against each other again. How many rivalries in today's time do we see go four fights? That is very rarer.

You just wanted to see a 5th fight so Pacquiao could get payback and it rubbed you the wrong way seeing JMM knock him TF out. But really there is no shame in that. These are two bonafide HOFers and all time greats.

They gave us more than enough and didn't need to fight a 5th time PERIOD.

Comment

3-1? Buddy it was 2-1-1. That is the whole point. At what point does it stop? If JMM wins the 5th fight, the series between the two is all tied up. Then everyone would ask for a 6th fight.

Take a step back and process all the great fights they gave us. Be THANKFUL that they fought each other four times. We didn't need to see them fare off against each other again. How many rivalries in today's time do we see go four fights? That is very rarer.

You just wanted to see a 5th fight so Pacquiao could get payback and it rubbed you the wrong way seeing JMM knock him TF out. But really there is no shame in that. These are two bonafide HOFers and all time greats.

No matter what weight, floyd would school Marquez the same way. Marquez doesnt have the reach, head movement or footspeed to counter floyd. Floyd box marquez at the outside and take advantage of his speed, reach and boxing iq.

Comment

Originally posted by victorythagr8 View Post
            No matter what weight, floyd would school Marquez the same way. Marquez doesnt have the reach, head movement or footspeed to counter floyd. Floyd box marquez at the outside and take advantage of his speed, reach and boxing iq.
            Don't disagree, but what does that have to do with my post you quoted? Lol.

Comment

Loma beating Rigo, Spence beating Garcia and Floyd beating JMM all deserve credit for who they beat and how they beat them.

Comment

I was hoping this thread was sarcasm. Floyd had JMM by at least one weight-class, probably a bit more.

Comment

So, you're wrong first off. Manny won the first fight and it was made a draw only because of an erroneous scorecard. It's BS that the result was not made a Pacquiao win but that's just boxing politics. The score is 3-1 for Manny. That's a FACT.

Next, why not have another fight? They were all fun to watch because they seem to be so evenly matched. The only reason you and other JMM die-hards don't want another fight is because you know he was most likely on his way to getting KTFO. JMM knows it too, which is why he won't do it.

Lastly, you didn't confirm if you were a JMM fan and a Mexican? So, enlighten us. I damn sure ain't Filipino, btw. I just think that Manny certainly deserved his shot at revenge, like he gave JMM 3 x.

Comment

People will jump through hoops and reach through fire to discredit floyd.

The amount of hypocrisy and made up standards I've read on this thread is unbelievable.

The fact is Floyd or any another professional fighter doesnt need the approval of an online nerd.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                      So, you're wrong first off. Manny won the first fight and it was made a draw only because of an erroneous scorecard. It's BS that the result was not made a Pacquiao win but that's just boxing politics. The score is 3-1 for Manny. That's a FACT.

Next, why not have another fight? They were all fun to watch because they seem to be so evenly matched. The only reason you and other JMM die-hards don't want another fight is because you know he was most likely on his way to getting KTFO. JMM knows it too, which is why he won't do it.

Lastly, you didn't confirm if you were a JMM fan and a Mexican? So, enlighten us. I damn sure ain't Filipino, btw. I just think that Manny certainly deserved his shot at revenge, like he gave JMM 3 x.
                      I don't need to confirm anything to you. It is clear you are very emotional and not looking at this rationally.

Am I a fan of JMM? Yes, Am I fan of Pacquiao? Yes.

Sorry, you don't just get to give Pacquiao an official win when it was scored a draw. The series ended at 2-1-1 NOT 3-1. And if you want to play that game, then majority of the folks thought Marquez won the third fight so by your BS standards, the series should be 2-1-1 for Marquez right? Stop making this harder than what it is.

They gave us four TREMENDOUS and MEMORABLE fights. Respect this for what it was. We didn't need to see any more fights. We finally got a definitive winner. Doesn't take anything away from Pacquiao as he is a legend and one of the true all time greats. I couldn't care less if Pacquiao knocked JMM out in the 5th fight or vice versa. Both gave fans a rivalry that will forever be remembered. If you are a true boxing fan, that is all you want. But in your case, you just wanted Pacquiao to have one clear cut win over JMM where he was dominant in. Look at it this way, officially Pacquiao will have "won" the series with his two wins compared to JMM, while JMM will have the defining win of the series. So in a way both come out as winners in that way.

Comment

Working...
                      X