No announcement yet.

Professional boxers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional boxers

What type of training is it that boxers do, that get them in the incredible, INCREDIBLE amount of shape their in? Gymnists are pretty amazing but i dont think they can trade that many punchs for a 12 round fight like a boxer, so what is the key??
    ---
    What part of the training carries the most weight for a boxer's physical conditon?----

i have seen pro male fighters with bigger **** than pam Anderson they dont all trian

Comment

a pro trains in my gym he is well known in britain but he has asked me to not to mention his name on thiis site anyway his training is up at 6am 10 mile run then goes throught to a near gym were all the pro boxers do there private training for 3hour session he does mostley boxing skill traing and alot of balance then he rests and trains again at 4 till 6 all cardio and he also does alot of fast moving shadow boxing finishes that then he goes for another 10 mile run at night not sure what time but he is in his bed by 10.

he often changes his routine but thats his right now i,m speaking to him on the phone as wee post.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Dogg View Post
        a pro trains in my gym he is well known in britain but he has asked me to not to mention his name on thiis site anyway his training is up at 6am 10 mile run then goes throught to a near gym were all the pro boxers do there private training for 3hour session he does mostley boxing skill traing and alot of balance then he rests and trains again at 4 till 6 all cardio and he also does alot of fast moving shadow boxing finishes that then he goes for another 10 mile run at night not sure what time but he is in his bed by 10.

he often changes his routine but thats his right now i,m speaking to him on the phone as wee post.
        not buying it the long distance runs do very little for a boxers training. he'd be wasting his time. Skills training and no sparring wtf???? pros in my city spar daily a min of 3-4 rnds. **** I spar up to 10 3 times a week. wtf
        and a secret private training facility where all the fighters go. hm ok.
        I would prefer a small hole in the wall out of the public eye. where I can spar and work out with real boxers without worrying about my apponent seeing. how I train. a lot of fighters make there training open anyway, why wouldn't he let you use his name?

Comment

Originally posted by triggnom View Post
          What type of training is it that boxers do, that get them in the incredible, INCREDIBLE amount of shape their in? Gymnists are pretty amazing but i dont think they can trade that many punchs for a 12 round fight like a boxer, so what is the key??
          ---
          What part of the training carries the most weight for a boxer's physical conditon?----
          Each boxer has a different routine, As it should be training for this sport ld be individualized for we all have different needs. I can't speak for everybody but my routine was molded to fit a pro career. might be a good example

ROAD WORK

1. TO TO THREE MILE WARM UP JOG.
          2. FULL SPRINTS. 10 X 3MIN SPINTS 1 MIN OF REST "WALK" BETWEEN RNDS
          3. A MIX OF 50 METER SPRINTS AND PLYOMETRICS
          a. 15-20 burpees - 50 meter sprints -jog to start - box hops/clap pushups -
          50 meter sprint - 20 to 30 knee tucks or squat jumps - jog back
          repeat process 4-6 times.
          road work sessions are everyother day ie. mon, wed, fri. tue, thur, and sat i run 3 miles no work out sunday.

SKILLS TRAINING

1. SHADOW BOXING. 4-6 RNDS MY MAIN WARM UP TOOL
          2. SPEED BAG. 4-6 RNDS
          3. HEAVY BAG. USUALY 4-6 3 MIN RNDS - 6 TO 10 1 MIN RNDS "INTENSE"
          4. SPARING. IF I CAN FIND AN APONENT3-10 RNDS 3 TIMES A WEEK. VARIOUS DRILLS. ie defense only. ofense only. 50% power, full spar.
          5. DOUBLE END BAG. 4-6 RNDS NOT BIG WITH THIS ONE OR THE SLIP BAG USE THEM TO FINE TUNE MY COMBO'S AND DEFENSE
          6. PUNCH MITS. 3-6 RNDS DEPENDING ON SPAR TIME.
          skills training is 5days a week

STENGTH AND CONDITIONING (I actally changed this due to advice from Punchdrunk was doing far to many reps. result more energy power is good)

a [u]weights - sets are 1-3 x 3-7 reps Some single sets of 15

1. Barbell clean-grip deadlifts

2. Barbell clean pulls from floor

3. Barbell rack cleans

5. squats

6. lunges

8. lat rows and pull down

bconditioning

1. JUMP ROPE. 4-6 ROUNDS USE AS WARM UP FOR SKILLS TRAINING

2. PLYOMETRICS.

3. Stairs and sprints

4. Sledge hammer 3-min rnds 1 min rest switch power hands

5. Running hill 3/4 mile grad slop 1/2 is a pretty good grade sprint to top
          USE WEIGHTED VEST FOR A LOT OF THESE INCLUDING HILLS

6. BAG LIFTS 100 LB BAG. AND TIRE THROWS I USE THE BIGGEST TIRE I CAN
          FIND AND THROW AS FAST AS I CAN FOR ABOUT 3-5 MIN

7. 8lb MEDICINE BALL TOSS AGAINST A WALL FROM A PUNCHING POSITION
          TO MIMICK THE PUNCHING MOTION.

ALL I HAVE TO ADD IS AN ASSLOAD OF AB WORK, I'M SURE EVERYBODY DOES THE SAME CRUNCHES AND SITUPS MED BALLS ETC.

I do roadwork and various cardio in the morning, Gym work in the evening
          gives me 3 hard days (two a days) 3 easy per week.

Comment

re kingdosia:
            high intensity interval training isn't the be all end all of training for professional or serious boxers. sparring is the best conditioning for a REAL fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Azteca View Post
              re kingdosia:
              high intensity interval training isn't the be all end all of training for professional or serious boxers. sparring is the best conditioning for a REAL fight.
              I don't think he claimed anything else? He says he does 3-10 rounds, 3 times a week. If that's every week, that's a lot of sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by kingdosia View Post
                Each boxer has a different routine, As it should be training for this sport ld be individualized for we all have different needs. I can't speak for everybody but my routine was molded to fit a pro career. might be a good example

ROAD WORK

1. TO TO THREE MILE WARM UP JOG.
                2. FULL SPRINTS. 10 X 3MIN SPINTS 1 MIN OF REST "WALK" BETWEEN RNDS
                3. A MIX OF 50 METER SPRINTS AND PLYOMETRICS
                a. 15-20 burpees - 50 meter sprints -jog to start - box hops/clap pushups -
                50 meter sprint - 20 to 30 knee tucks or squat jumps - jog back
                repeat process 4-6 times.
                road work sessions are everyother day ie. mon, wed, fri. tue, thur, and sat i run 3 miles no work out sunday.

SKILLS TRAINING

1. SHADOW BOXING. 4-6 RNDS MY MAIN WARM UP TOOL
                2. SPEED BAG. 4-6 RNDS
                3. HEAVY BAG. USUALY 4-6 3 MIN RNDS - 6 TO 10 1 MIN RNDS "INTENSE"
                4. SPARING. IF I CAN FIND AN APONENT3-10 RNDS 3 TIMES A WEEK. VARIOUS DRILLS. ie defense only. ofense only. 50% power, full spar.
                5. DOUBLE END BAG. 4-6 RNDS NOT BIG WITH THIS ONE OR THE SLIP BAG USE THEM TO FINE TUNE MY COMBO'S AND DEFENSE
                6. PUNCH MITS. 3-6 RNDS DEPENDING ON SPAR TIME.
                skills training is 5days a week

STENGTH AND CONDITIONING (I actally changed this due to advice from Punchdrunk was doing far to many reps. result more energy power is good)

a [u]weights - sets are 1-3 x 3-7 reps Some single sets of 15

1. Barbell clean-grip deadlifts

2. Barbell clean pulls from floor

3. Barbell rack cleans

5. squats

6. lunges

8. lat rows and pull down

bconditioning

1. JUMP ROPE. 4-6 ROUNDS USE AS WARM UP FOR SKILLS TRAINING

2. PLYOMETRICS.

3. Stairs and sprints

4. Sledge hammer 3-min rnds 1 min rest switch power hands

5. Running hill 3/4 mile grad slop 1/2 is a pretty good grade sprint to top
                USE WEIGHTED VEST FOR A LOT OF THESE INCLUDING HILLS

6. BAG LIFTS 100 LB BAG. AND TIRE THROWS I USE THE BIGGEST TIRE I CAN
                FIND AND THROW AS FAST AS I CAN FOR ABOUT 3-5 MIN

7. 8lb MEDICINE BALL TOSS AGAINST A WALL FROM A PUNCHING POSITION
                TO MIMICK THE PUNCHING MOTION.

ALL I HAVE TO ADD IS AN ASSLOAD OF AB WORK, I'M SURE EVERYBODY DOES THE SAME CRUNCHES AND SITUPS MED BALLS ETC.

I do roadwork and various cardio in the morning, Gym work in the evening
                gives me 3 hard days (two a days) 3 easy per week.

to me.thats to much stuff. hell i just work the bag and shadow box and run 3miles and im in better shape then most ppl that do all the **** u just named.and i only stay at the gym for an hour

Comment

Originally posted by versatile2k6 View Post
                  to me.thats to much stuff. hell i just work the bag and shadow box and run 3miles and im in better shape then most ppl that do all the **** u just named.and i only stay at the gym for an hour
                  Some people can get away with doing what you do. Let's hope you're one of them.

Nah, seriously though, it all depends on how serious you are. I mean, why no give it all you got? Seems to me like you're the typical underachiever. You've got the talent and the genetics to be a really good fighter, but for some reason you've still only had one fight (which you lost, shoes or not). Sure, at this point (especially with your natural physique), going to the gym for an hour might be fine, but if you want to progress, even you have to step it up.

Edit: And who gives a **** about being "in better shape than most people"?? You've gotta be in the best shape YOU can be!

Comment

Originally posted by triggnom View Post
                    ---
                    There's no "one key" all training, bags, pad work, running, sparring are all important, I'm around a lot of pros at my gym and even when big fights have happened in London, I've been lucky to see a few of these people train, even Gerald Mclellan(sp?).

Road work is the most important and if like James Toney you hate running, then those rounds and rounds of sparring, I remember hearing Emmanuel Steward saying this too, a lot of pros(especially seasoned ones) are already technical, the combinations are there, you never lose your power, the major thing that you have to always work on is your stamina, that always depletes when you're not training, so that's the most important part.

Comment

Working...
                    X