No announcement yet.

List 10 fighters with a better resume than Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List 10 fighters with a better resume than Floyd Mayweather

Some people here seem to believe that Mayweather doesn't belong in the top 30. I have limited knowledge of history, maybe someone here can point me to 10 fighters who had a better resume than Floyd Mayweather. Your help is greatly appreciated.

No one
    Berto, Pacquaio, Maidana(2X), Canelo, Gurrero, Cotto, Ortiz, Mosley, Marquez, Hatton, De La Hoya, Baldomir, Gatti, Judah, N'Dou, Castillo (2X), Corrales, Manfredy, and Hernandez

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
      Some people here seem to believe that Mayweather doesn't belong in the top 30. I have limited knowledge of history, maybe someone here can point me to 10 fighters who had a better resume than Floyd Mayweather. Your help is greatly appreciated.
      I seriously can't. I just wish he had fought De La hoya and Mosley a tad earlier.....

Comment

Manny Pacquiao, Roberto Duran, Sugar Ray Leonard, Sugar Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Willie Pep, Archie Moore, Joe Louis. I can only think of eight because Floyd has a very good resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
          Manny Pacquiao, Roberto Duran, Sugar Ray Leonard, Sugar Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Willie Pep, Archie Moore, Joe Louis. I can only think of eight because Floyd has a very good resume.
          Joe Louis????no...just no Archie Moore????why??? Pacquiao is debatable but the tie was broken when Floyd beat him IMO

Comment

Archie Moore, Sugar Ray Leonard, Sugar Ray Robinson, Willie Pep, Muhammad Ali, Roberto Duran, Ezzard Charles, Harry Greb, Henry Armstrong, Benny Leonard.

Comment

Like I you said only in opinion. I'm not much of a historian guy unless it is from the 80's and I don't know much of Archie Moore. But about the Pacquiao, this "Tie has been broken by beating him" yes....if it was 6 years ago! We never get to see Prime for Prime between Mayweather and Pacquiao. Mayweather doesn't have a Prime HOF in their best weight class in his resume! That's why I think many of this fighter's resume is above him because they fought ATG in their primes! I dunno about Joe Louis and Archie Moore though but you get my point.

Comment

Very tough to name 10! Maybe 6 or 7 folks, the man simply fought and beat everyone he faced in fisticuffs!

Imagined if he'd fought and beat Paul Williams, Margarito, Kotsta Tszyu, Lara, Martinez, Casamayor, Hamed, and GGG then people Would complain that he ducked Delahoya, Mosley, Marquez, Hatton, Cotto, Pacquiao, Corrales, Castillo, Canelo, Judah, Maidana, and etc.

Gotta give credit to the ****y sob he got in the ring and won it while guys these days refuse to do that an rather fight your local delivery milk man!!

Comment

Muhammad Ali, Sugar Ray Robinson, Sugar Ray Leonard, Thomas Hearns, Roberto Duran, Alexis Arguello, Julio Cesar Chavez, Sr., Oscar De La Hoya, Willie Pep, Marco Antonio Barrera, Manny Pacquiao, Juan Manuel Marquez, Erik Morales, Harry Greb, Henry Armstrong, George Foreman, Evander Holyfield, Mike Tyson, Felix Trinidad, Jake LaMotta, Sam Langford, Hector Camacho, Pernell Whitaker, Azumah Nelson, Bob Foster, Joe Frazier, Kostya Tzsyu, James Toney, Roy Jones, Jr., Bernard Hopkins, Archie Moore....

Comment

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
                    Joe Louis????no...just no Archie Moore????why??? Pacquiao is debatable but the tie was broken when Floyd beat him IMO
                    Archie Moore definitely has a better resume than Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                    X