80's Holmes vs Tyson
        Fights 16-3 vs 37-0
        Title Fights 15-3 vs 10-0
        Champions Fought 2-2 vs 7-0
        Belts On The Line 15-5 vs 26-0
        Belts WBC,IBF=disputed vs WBC/WBA/IBF=undisputed
        H2H Tyson KO's Holmes in 4th
        Ring Magazine 80's Ranking 1st vs 8th

yeah, it's fashionable lately to diminish Tyson's status. Everybody knows he was the greatest, most dominant heavyweight of the 80s ... it's not even close.

Comment

When forming opinions on the Heavyweight class I don't try to "pick a winner" in a match up. Insrtead I pick who has the best techniques, do the techniques employed match up with the Methods used?
          Offense & defense along with experience and ring generalship and recoupertive powers. Power punching and accuracy along with an equal attention paid to the body & head. The ability to eliminate an opponents strengths!

Fantasy match ups are just that "fantasy"!
          Tyson stopping Holmes at that given time is like Marciano stopping Louis!
          Louis was further on than Holmes but it boils down to a win without alot of
          meaning. Holmes forcing Ali's corner to say no more is a circumstance that happens when a fighter far beyond their best hangs around to long for what ever purpose!

I don't see Paterson on the top ten list anywheres!
          Wlad either, marginal talent and skills.
          Not sure Frazier is a top ten guy either.
          The order doesn't mean much past 1 & 2 because their capable of beating each other.
          Liston at his best was a solid fighter.
          Foreman belongs because his heavy hands are unmatched!
          Their styles would cause problems because they're very good at performing it.

Louis is the best technical heavy theres no one close, probably Charles is
          close!
          Ali does everything wrong on defense but it worked for him. He is the fastest handed and foot work heavy ever, no one close!

In the top fifty theres talent also guys like Jerry Quarry did so many techniques very well and his heart was excptional.
          Bowe and Golatta just had to many problems to be able to get over the top but they had appeal and talents.
          Not everyone has to be a top tier guy to be appreciated.
          My team used to box against a team trained by Tiger Ted Lowery, Lowey was a lightheavy/heavy who amassed a 75-75-10 boxing record. If you ever saw him box at his best he would impress anyone! Excellent inside game and most of those 75 looses came from guys who never went in there hahahaha!!
          Just another lost name that deserves respect. (went 20 rounds with Rocky)

If you want to learn about punch technique watch Louis go to the body & head against Max in their rematch. His form is what aides his power his technique enables it too!

Ray Corso

Dempsey and Marciano would have their chance against anyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            When forming opinions on the Heavyweight class I don't try to "pick a winner" in a match up. Insrtead I pick who has the best techniques, do the techniques employed match up with the Methods used?
            Offense & defense along with experience and ring generalship and recoupertive powers. Power punching and accuracy along with an equal attention paid to the body & head. The ability to eliminate an opponents strengths!

Fantasy match ups are just that "fantasy"!
            Tyson stopping Holmes at that given time is like Marciano stopping Louis!
            Louis was further on than Holmes but it boils down to a win without alot of
            meaning. Holmes forcing Ali's corner to say no more is a circumstance that happens when a fighter far beyond their best hangs around to long for what ever purpose!

I don't see Paterson on the top ten list anywheres!
            Wlad either, marginal talent and skills.
            Not sure Frazier is a top ten guy either.
            The order doesn't mean much past 1 & 2 because their capable of beating each other.
            Liston at his best was a solid fighter.
            Foreman belongs because his heavy hands are unmatched!
            Their styles would cause problems because they're very good at performing it.

Louis is the best technical heavy theres no one close, probably Charles is
            close!
            Ali does everything wrong on defense but it worked for him. He is the fastest handed and foot work heavy ever, no one close!

In the top fifty theres talent also guys like Jerry Quarry did so many techniques very well and his heart was excptional.
            Bowe and Golatta just had to many problems to be able to get over the top but they had appeal and talents.
            Not everyone has to be a top tier guy to be appreciated.
            My team used to box against a team trained by Tiger Ted Lowery, Lowey was a lightheavy/heavy who amassed a 75-75-10 boxing record. If you ever saw him box at his best he would impress anyone! Excellent inside game and most of those 75 looses came from guys who never went in there hahahaha!!
            Just another lost name that deserves respect. (went 20 rounds with Rocky)

If you want to learn about punch technique watch Louis go to the body & head against Max in their rematch. His form is what aides his power his technique enables it too!

Ray Corso

Dempsey and Marciano would have their chance against anyone!
            So in other words throw out logic and the actual abilities of a certain fighter simply because others did better with either worse competition or they were more character friendly and are falsly over glorified ...gotcha RAY

Tyson = 5 POWER punch capabilities in 1.2 seconds and 14 punches without gloves on in 4 seconds

Ali = 11 slapping motion punches in 3 seconds without gloves on....he also used smaller gloves which DOES make you faster....Tyson is the fastest puncher.Ali may have been just as quick as a 190 pounder however that's not a REAL HW.
            Last edited by juggernaut666; 04-27-2015, 10:37 AM.

Comment

You got that, Ray?

Comment

Why is it that lately when I drop by, I seem to be plagued by a high-pitched buzzing sound no matter which thread I open? It's like a gnat that's lodged itself in my ear canal.

Zzzzzzzzzztttt .... NOTICE ME!! .... zzzzzzzztttzzzz ...... I WANT TO BE NOTICED ..... Zzzzzztttzzzzzzz ....... I DEMAND to be NOTICED!!!!!!! zzzzttzzzttt

Comment

It seems the forums "to be's" don't hear the complaints of this dribble everyday.
                  Same thing every day, hate the greats from the past and degrade anyone and all who differ from their "facts"!
                  It's baby sitting and the baby needs to be put down for a nap!
                  Posters are leaving and regulars are feed up with this nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                    So in other words throw out logic and the actual abilities of a certain fighter simply because others did better with either worse competition or they were more character friendly and are falsly over glorified ...gotcha RAY

Tyson = 5 POWER punch capabilities in 1.2 seconds and 14 punches without gloves on in 4 seconds

Ali = 11 slapping motion punches in 3 seconds without gloves on....he also used smaller gloves which DOES make you faster....Tyson is the fastest puncher.Ali may have been just as quick as a 190 pounder however that's not a REAL HW.
                    Did you read the post you are responding to? The guy takes a minute and write a cogent, intelligent written response and you post something that is unrelated at best. Why do this? It ****s up this section. Ali was to virtually any boxing fan.... a heavyweight fighter. What does this post accomplish? You made it clear your opinions about heavyweights and size....why not respond to the post. Everybody knows that Sonny hates Lewis and that you feel that size is such that big modern fighters are superior....when can we move on?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                      It seems the forums "to be's" don't hear the complaints of this dribble everyday.
                      Same thing every day, hate the greats from the past and degrade anyone and all who differ from their "facts"!
                      It's baby sitting and the baby needs to be put down for a nap!
                      Posters are leaving and regulars are feed up with this nonsense.
                      Indeed, I am very close to calling it quits here.

Comment

Working...
                      X