No announcement yet.

Official: Charlo ducking GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    Bit short on detail, there, man. Is there gonna be a statement by the WBC or anything or are negotiations ongoing? Was Golovkin disputing the requirement to fight Jermall?
    No need for a statement. GGG was offered a mandatory shot at the interim title, he turned it down. WBC can't force fighters to take fights. At best, it would have been a 50/50 purse split for GGG. He's not going to take that kind of huge risk when there isn't a huge reward.

Comment

Still waiting for the anti-hearn groupies to provide me a reason why this fight merits anything considering Jacobs just beat the guy in a final eliminator for an actual world title.

Sulecki is a nobody according to them... He was a bum and Hearn couldn't find any decent opponent and was wasting jacobs' career.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        No need for a statement. GGG was offered a mandatory shot at the interim title, he turned it down. WBC can't force fighters to take fights. At best, it would have been a 50/50 purse split for GGG. He's not going to take that kind of huge risk when there isn't a huge reward.
        Fair enough, I was half expecting that and thought the purse split would likely be an issue of contention (or perhaps that the timing was just not suitable), I was just expecting to have heard something either from the WBC or a statement from Loeffler. Thanks for the heads up, man.

Maybe we get Jermall vs Canelo sooner rather than later then... you don't know by any chance if the Fielding fight counts as Canelo's voluntary fight before he needs to defend against his mandatory at 160 by any chance? I mean technically it ain't a defense of his MW title so maybe he'll be allowed another fight before Charlo.
        Last edited by Citizen Koba; 10-12-2018, 03:13 AM.

Comment

#DUCKSonly🦆

Comment

Fair enough, I was half expecting that and thought the purse split would likely be an issue of contention (or perhaps that the timing was just not suitable), I was just expecting to have heard something either from the WBC or a statement from Loeffler. Thanks for the heads up, man.

Maybe we get Jermall vs Canelo sooner rather than later then... you don't know by any chance if the Fielding fight counts as Canelo's voluntary fight before he needs to defend against his mandatory at 160 by any chance? I mean technically it ain't a defense of his MW title so maybe he'll be allowed another fight before Charlo.
            Fiedling fight is the voluntary Canelo is allowed. Canelo has to pay a special fee to the WBC to take a fight out of the weight class. After that, Canelo has to fight Charlo or GGG. Charlo is mandatory, but they won't strip him if he signs to fight GGG.

Comment

Fiedling fight is the voluntary Canelo is allowed. Canelo has to pay a special fee to the WBC to take a fight out of the weight class. After that, Canelo has to fight Charlo or GGG. Charlo is mandatory, but they won't strip him if he signs to fight GGG.
              Thanks for clearing that up, man, I've been curious about that since the Fielding fight was announced.

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up, man, I've been curious about that since the Fielding fight was announced.
                np, happy to help

Comment

Originally posted by T-1000 View Post
                  WBC orders GGG vs Charlo.
                  Charlo signs to fight Sulecki 5 days later.

GGG is still a live dog. And I tend to think Charlo would think hard before fighting him. Reality is Golovkin won't be fighting until next year.

So it's still too early to say this ducking thing. Let's just hope GGG will be Charlo's next fight after Sulecki.

Comment

Both fighters are acting like divas.

Comment

This is what I figured all along. The WBC rides with whoever will make them the most money. They will push Charlo back again come may when GGG Canelo 3 goes down. Maybe Charlo gets a crack come September of 19. Better yet, he will have probably Andrade and Jacob's as champs here in a few weeks, why not try to fight one of them instead of holding off for a title chance against 2 guys who at this point are gonna choose who they wanna fight rather than be dictated to by any belt organization.

Comment

Working...
                      X