No announcement yet.

The hate for Rigondeaux is laughable

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    It was textbook and not an arm punch at all. If he pivoted or loaded up it would of had even lesser effect or missed as Rigondeaux would of seen it coming and took a lot off it.

If, if, if, if he can land it.
    IF Tua landed his left hook flush on Lennox it may of been a different fight.
    Ok, I take it you've never boxed before. And you have an agenda. That's ok.

There was nothing textbook about Marroquin's hook at all, although if Marroquin had pivoted and put more body into it, he woulda damn well knocked Rigondeaux out.

You want to see a textbook left hook? Look no further than, you guessed it, Nonito Donaire:

Doesn't swing the punch, doesn't c0ck his shoulder back to fire it, makes it a short hook with a clean arc, knees bent and feet planted firmly, pivots and puts his body into the punch, then follows through.

Perfect. Counter. Left. Hook. If you can't see the difference between Donaire's and Marroquin's left hooks that I've posted, then you really have Rigondeaux's testicles for eyeballs.

Comment

thanks for reminding me of Donaire's 'wolverine' hair phase. *shudder*

Comment

why do people hate on rigo?these people ar so obseesed with donaire that they are hating on fighters because people mention that fighter as an opponent for donaire, its crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Rolph Spicer View Post
          Ok, I take it you've never boxed before. And you have an agenda. That's ok.

There was nothing textbook about Marroquin's hook at all, although if Marroquin had pivoted and put more body into it, he woulda damn well knocked Rigondeaux out.

You want to see a textbook left hook? Look no further than, you guessed it, Nonito Donaire:

Doesn't swing the punch, doesn't c0ck his shoulder back to fire it, makes it a short hook with a clean arc, knees bent and feet planted firmly, pivots and puts his body into the punch, then follows through.

Perfect. Counter. Left. Hook. If you can't see the difference between Donaire's and Marroquin's left hooks that I've posted, then you really have Rigondeaux's testicles for eyeballs.

There is more than one way to throw a left hook! When will know-it-alls that try saying others haven't boxed learn that?

I can't argue that was a good left hook in terms of being effective but it was far from textbook.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
            thanks for reminding me of Donaire's 'wolverine' hair phase. *shudder*
            Actually, he reminded me more of the "Heat Miser." lol

Comment

Does he really look like he has a 10lb weight disadvantage?
              I bet you forgot that Concepcion weighed 119 lbs for a Super Flyweight bout against Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by flem1 View Post
                I bet you forgot that Concepcion weighed 119 lbs for a Super Flyweight bout against Donaire.

Donaire was draining himself to pick on small fighters anyway and very likely outweighed him by Christ knows what on fight night.

Just like in his stunning victory over Narvaez where he was 133 with 3 meals to go as he boasted on FB

Comment

How can you call yourselves boxing fans when you hate on this guy who is nothing but great for boxing?

An outstanding amateur that is highly skilled, who is #1 ranked and has continually chased the best!
                  In this day and age you knock somebody like that rather maliciously?

You're all going to have egg on your faces.
                  Rigondeaux will take his left hook away.

Donaire has an underrated jab? Did you really just say that? lol
                  His jab is rubbish and look at it against southpaw opposition.

You call Rigondeaux for being in 2 lackluster fights, I take it you have only seen 3 of Donaires fights from Montiel onwards?

Rigondeaux is chinny because he momentarily got buckled by Marroquinn.
                  How bad is Donaires chin then seeing he got buckled by a guy with a zero % K.O ratio and was badly hurt and running for his life against Conception?

You twist the truths to suit your own agenda's and I just can't wait for your excuses. What happened to you all loving slick, black boxers?
                  I take it because Rigondeaux isn't American? Otherwise he'd be hailed on here as the 2nd coming of Sweetpea.

because he has 11 fights his most notable win is against cordoba and yet his delusional fanbase thinks he should be shot calling a top 10 p4p fighter who was apparently ducking said 11 win fighter.

Not only that, this 11 win fighter is getting a shot at a top 10 p4p fighter for 750k, on hbo.

There's figthers who have done more than rigo who wont ever get that same deal. Imagine all the fighters throughout history who have done more than rigo who wont get that money, publicity on hbo, and vs a top 10 p4p opponent.

The hate is understandable.

Comment

There is more than one way to throw a left hook! When will know-it-alls that try saying others haven't boxed learn that?

I can't argue that was a good left hook in terms of being effective but it was far from textbook.
                    Please enlighten me then on what is a "textbook" left hook.

Since you thought Marroquin's hook that staggered Rigondeaux was textbook, well then I'm in for a good laugh

Comment

Donaire was draining himself to pick on small fighters anyway and very likely outweighed him by Christ knows what on fight night.

Just like in his stunning victory over Narvaez where he was 133 with 3 meals to go as he boasted on FB

Actually he outweighed donaire at fight night

Comment

Working...
                      X